DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Were you bored by Elayne's struggle for the throne?

RAND AL THOR

Ehhhh, I didn't mind the Elayne chapters very much, and actually did enjoy reading them. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think RJ has big plans for Andor in TG, and it's foreshadowed by Elaida's foretelling.

And yeah, the whole pregnancy blues things was over the top, I agree, but hey, RJ's style throughout the entire series is like that. Slightly over the top and chauvinistic, but still funny.

God, this was excellent:

http://shadowburn.binmode.com/wotnow/comic.php?comic_id=174

http://shadowburn.binmode.com/wotnow/comic.php?comic_id=178

HAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oh my gosh, you've got to follow those comics. They're so awesome. The prophecies are fulfilled in the weirdest ways possible!!!!!!1

Ehhhh, I didn't mind the Elayne chapters very much, and actually did enjoy reading them. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think RJ has big plans for Andor in TG, and it's foreshadowed by Elaida's foretelling.

All Elaida's significant Fortellings regarding Andor have come to pass.

I agree with Charlz, I like Elayne's parts.  The whole pregnancy is vastly amusing.  Seeing how much of a brat her mother is, it's a wonder Elayne turned in any way normal.

Dictionary.com :

Normal:  conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.  approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment.

:o ::)

Just kidding, don't take it personally.

I, for one, wish that the Sea Folk did not exist at all- or just remained in the sea. I don't want to see any more of them after Book 4.

Although I found the Se-Folk annoying they did wipe out almost all of the Seanchan channelers (cant remember how to spell it) in Randland. When Mat frees them in Crossroads of Twilight they destroyed most of the Seanchan naval might as well. If only RJ would have described that battle, book 10 would have been AWESOME; but no, we are told about one of the largest battles of the one power in the series from the POV of Mat as he sits on a rock looking out into the harbor with horror due to all the smashed and burnt out ships and bodies floating in the water.

Wheel of Time should have the Darwin Awards. Elayne, Morgase, or Gawyn would win every time.
One problem. None of them have succeeded with removing themselves from the gene pool as a result of their own stupidity, so none of them are truly eligible for a Darwin.

I wanted to see the Sea Folk 'Sharkbrothers' who are bonded to sharks like Perrin is to wolves. Yeah, sharks. With lasers attached to their heads. That would be sweet.
"Great Lord, I can weave balefire right now, we can be rid of the Dragon forever."

NO. I WOULD RATHER LEAVE HIM IN AN EASILY ESCAPABLE DEATH TRAP.

Just wait till the Sea Folk reveal they only plan to aid the world in exchange for...one million dollars.

If only RJ would have described that battle, book 10 would have been AWESOME.
So the way to make CoT AWESOME is to spend a fair bit of time on a battle scene of limited relevance to the plot? I thought most people would appreciate less padding in the series, not more.

Wheel of Time should have the Darwin Awards. Elayne, Morgase, or Gawyn would win every time.
One problem. None of them have succeeded with removing themselves from the gene pool as a result of their own stupidity, so none of them are truly eligible for a Darwin.

Yes, it is an unfortunate fact that they are all setting themselves up to contribute to the gene pool rather than be removed from it.

I wanted to see the Sea Folk 'Sharkbrothers' who are bonded to sharks like Perrin is to wolves. Yeah, sharks. With lasers attached to their heads. That would be sweet.

The Aiel "Rockbrothers" would be a nice reveal also.

The Aiel "Rockbrothers" would be a nice reveal also.
Or the Seanchan Grolmbrothers.

Personally i find the scenes with Elayne kinda amusing, i do however find the "rushing headless into the lair of the dark ajah" kinda stupid and annoying.

Oh and someone mentioned the Sea folk... round their channelers up and put and A'dam on them, thereafter take their ships and make the rest of them jump into the sea (yup you guessed right, i absolutely hate them).

"Rockbrothers" lol  ;D

I agree with Charlz, I like Elayne's parts.  The whole pregnancy is vastly amusing.  Seeing how much of a brat her mother is, it's a wonder Elayne turned in any way normal.

Dictionary.com :

Normal:  conforming to the standard or the common type; usual; not abnormal; regular; natural.  approximately average in any psychological trait, as intelligence, personality, or emotional adjustment.

:o ::)

Just kidding, don't take it personally.

I think she's amazingly normal for a royal heir, almost unrealistically so.

Archived