DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Path or Disciplines? The Decision is eminent! Attn ALL WY Members

Eqwina

Lii is Daisho

and she is a GM

the thing is when we changed over you didnt specificly become a GM of so and so as you did before, you just became a GM and also was so and so

Cy was ment to follow ren'shai, but never got to do anything with that (the old char she is resurected after was toto purely based on the fact i needed a disc to get raised so i could kill her :P acording to the plott i cooked up)

Hall would likely either be toto, cuen or one other i read on :S if he ever got raised

needless to say i had enough with the confusion of path disc whats allowed and not and what goes ic, hence why i sbmited daisho now which is such an essential part i feel of Lii in hope that i can knock that problem out of the world, as for Cy i'll just wait and see what else is presented and hope there is somewhere she fits in, same with hall if he ever gets raised though worst case scenario if it comes to it i'll just run him in on the daisho path as well (though i'd prefer something else just to have different toys to play with so to speak)

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The pages offered ARE NOT to be used for specifically training. They are there for reference as to what happened before and what you learned.

You are free to use the system and incoroprate it into your learning but at this time those requirements do not count towards your raising.  We have not used that progessive system in a long time. 

But feel free to use the ideas.

We don't currently have any listing of Discipline users as they are not required by the Warders (at least for now I don't know if that's in for a change or not).

Mat

Right, here goes. Temp version, so let me know if you want anything changed:

vadinmtaalaq2.png

Path Name: Vadin M'taal (Stone Barrier (lit: Bar/Barrier Stone))

Description:

While some would claim that mobility is an infantryman's greatest asset, and that the best defense is a good offense, there are times where neither of these tactics is an option. Mobility doesn't help while holding a line, and offense doesn't help if one is forced on the defensive, protecting rather than attacking.

The Vadin M'taal are an extension of this approach. Often heavily armored, it is they that often form a last line of defense, a final unwavering wall for the enemy to break against. Utilizing a shield and heavy armor, they are a force to be reckoned with.

The Vadin M'taal follower uses their shield to block the blows they can, and relies on their armor to block the blows they cannot, usually from fast, lighter blades. Due to their reliance of it, the shield has evolved into a weapon in its own right. Followers are taught to charge at an enemy using it -- spiked shields are popular for this reason -- and to directly attack enemies with it by bashing. This adds a factor of unpredictability to the Vadin M'taal, as most opponents simply aren't trained against similar tactics.

While Vadin M'taal followers are generally speaking not the fastest of sword users due to encumbrance, their defensive abilities make them valuable additions to every army commander. Lacking the speed to effectively use a lighter blade, the Path focuses on the use of larger, heavier weapons, generating more momentum -- and therefore more damage -- per strike, especially if the opponent isn't as armored as they are. Masters of this Path have been known to survive battles without even moving from the spot they started the fight in.

Though the Path is quite a taxing one to master in terms of endurance and strength, a lot of emphasis is placed on skill as well to anticipate attacks with a shield. This Path is generally popular with larger, bulkier soldiers that make up in strength what they lack in speed. Also, Vadin M'taal are considered excellent bodyguards to generals during battles.

Strengths:

The defensive capabilities of a Vadin M'taal master are among the best in existance. Facing a single opponent, forming a line of defense (preferably with other Vadin M'taal), or fighting in narrow corridors and other indoor locations its followers are at their best.

Weakness

This Path is less suited to fight multiple opponents in open areas on one's own as they can easily surround and wear down the user by timing their attacks. Also, faster opponents have an edge against the user... up until they get hit, that is.

Skills:

- Armor Mastery: Given the reliance on heavier armor, a follower of this Path is required to wear their full armor from dawn to dusk.

- Shield Forms: Perhaps the most defining aspect of Vadin M'taal is several custom forms that use both weapon and shield (or just shield) offensively. The teachings of this Path consider a shield a weapon, perhaps moreso than actual weapons. Exercises include fighting a Master using nothing but two shields. ((NOTE: 'Shields' should be listed as Primary or Secondary weapon in an application))

- You Shall Not Pass: The follower is trained in various ways to keep opponents from getting past him/her, and keep from being surrounded by making optimal use of the space around them. Shield charging an opponent into a wall is not unheard of.

- Mental Conditioning: The follower recieves mental training that strengthens resolve and courage, enabling him to look an opponent in the eye in an intimidating glare. Masters are said to be able to stare down a Myrddraal, but that may just be an exaggerated rumor. It is true however that of all people, they are the least affected by it.

• 2 weeks later...

Nope, when they are you will know. It will be in BIG BOLD letter painted across the sky *cough* or on the forums. Whatever is easier.;)

Truth is I have not gotten as much feedback as I have wanted so I am waiting a bit. You will have them soon I promise.

Well, it shouldn't really be that major of a change, really. I mean, back when i wrote my Warder app i was told that a lot of people simply selected None as their Discipline, and only the 'oldbies' still had one from way back when.

As it is, i believe the Warders are the only ones actively training forms, making this change mostly a Warder Div internal one. I'm fairly certain this has been suggested to the other staff long before the topic was actually posted ^^;

Ah true.

Still, i could churn out a couple more, but the main problem is my love for speed over strength. Mandieb and Passhar are almost complete opposites of one another in terms of mindset (not counting Vadin M'taal, it was a request) as i could make them, and i'm kind of afraid another speed based one is going to end up looking like one of those two too much.

I could create a Skill based one though, but i would really like to know what kinds have been submitted up until now so i can make something we're actually missing ^^;

Actually, i figured Me'Arearth to be a Skill based path as well, what with the emphasis on mental strength and such. Melenis is definitely taking more of a Skill based approach where i had expected Speed, so she surprised me there ^_^

Might work it out as well.

if it was public feedback she'd be posting a tread so presumable, so very much asumable its internal warder staff discusion to pick which 5 to choose if there was more then 5

i only counted 4 in this tread, however people migth delivered without posting here

Heh, looks like i have to hurry with the Me'Arearth submission then XD

Edit: Oh btw, if anyone wants one of those focus breakdowns (the triangles) for their own submitted Paths, don't hesitate to ask. It takes me less than a minute to make one. ^^

Heh, looks like i have to hurry with the Me'Arearth submission then XD

Edit: Oh btw, if anyone wants one of those focus breakdowns (the triangles) for their own submitted Paths, don't hesitate to ask. It takes me less than a minute to make one. ^^

Can you make me a focus breakdown as follows; Strength = 5, Skill = 5, Speed = 5, thanks!  :D

(one minute later)

chameleonky3.png

Path of the Chameleon (CANNOT CHOOSE)

Remember how some people want everything? Well, this is it. The One Path, capable of every move, form, stance and whatnot in the books. Of course, in order to actually use them it'd require you to actually go out and learn every Path in the book, but that's beside the point.