DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tune or No Tune - No More I Love Yous by Annie Lennox (9th - 16th June 2008)

spigots or caudrens  

114 members have voted

1. 1. spigots or caudrens

• spigots
    • caudrens
    • pie spoon
    • washer woman. shaped washer.

This poll is closed to new votes

Whether as part of Eurythmics or as a solo artist, there's no denying Annie Lennox's incredible vocals. I'm personally a huge fan of just about everything she's ever done. All you need to do is decide if it is a TUNE (i.e. you love it) or NO TUNE (i.e. you hate it).

"No More "I Love You's"" is the song I've picked this week and it was the first single from her second studio album Medusa. The song was written by Joseph Hughes and David Freeman and was first released by their band, The Lover Speaks in the 1980s.

This single became the highest charting solo single for Lennox in the UK, entering the chart and peaking at #2 (spending 12 weeks on the charts and also became a Top 25 hit in USA, peaking at #23.) With this, Lennox won the 1995 Grammy Award for Best Female Pop Vocal Performance.

The video (co-directed by the singer herself and Joe Dyer) was nominated for a MTV award for Best Female Video.

The track is also featured on the first episode of the HBO's hit show The Sopranos.

If you haven't heard it before, click the link below.

LINK

The poll closes in a week's time, which is Monday 16th June 2008. So make sure you vote now before the poll finishes!

Also, if you want to suggest a tune for "Tune or No Tune", do not hesitate to drop Corki a PM.

Guest Uasal Arach

This is a tuff one for me. I love her with the Eurythmics but for some reason she went way off in left field when she went solo. The video is just plain wierd lol. A bunch of fairies dancing around..singing "Dobe dobe dobe bop bop bop" *shivers* Anyway... I gotta go with [glow=green,2,300]NO TUNE[/glow].

Just gonna stress people, the video is irrelevant. Links used are whatever is available on YouTube. This vote is solely about the song and music... not about whether you like the video. So keep that in mind when deciding.  ;)

AND REMEMBER TO VOTE!!! TWO PEOPLE HAVEN'T SO FAR.

Lord Have Mercy... Thats a Tune if ever there was one. What's up with you lot. Annie never did a no tune in her flamin career.... If one actually LISTENS to the first line of the song ... "I used to be LUNATIC from the gracious days"... Cry ma nitly! That video is a Victorian Lunatic Asylum, a la Bedlam and there were lots worse than the Ballet Trocadero flittin around that joint I can assure you!! Lennox was forever over the top from the very first video Eurhythmics did and they got more nutcase from then on.... Dave Stewart was not of this world either.... and  still ain't....

This is a TUNE and thats my final answer!

On the topic of the video, it most definitely is strange.

As for ths song, I'm totally undecided. I just wish there was a "undecided" option to vote for! lol! Yes, Annie Lennox has a great voice, but this song doesn't do anything for me. So as a result, it is a NO TUNE in my eyes.

Okay, got it to work tonight.  I remember this song.....yeah the video is retarded freaky....but I am not certain it is in any way related to the song itself....lol.  I liked this song, and when isn't Annie Lennox a little wierd.  [glow=red,2,300]TUNE[/glow]

Archived