DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So it begins (Open RP)

Covai whistled for people's attention once they had split into teams. The mix up was interesting and should be good fun. It was kinda of a surprised to see Isha turn up, but Covai guessed he was probably like Dashiva was. They both looked more serious to others than they were. And as for the fighting lovers....Covai shruged. It wasn't his business. Still, it'll be interesting to pair them off against each other.

"Okay, now that you've all had a chance to mingle with your team mates, we can get things started. Each team, pick up your captain and bring them with us." Covai waved for the group to follow him as he walked towards the weapons training ground.

As they arrived, Covai waved the bearers of the captains the place them at opposite corners of the chalk marked square, where he had stands waiting. "Ok, teams behind your Captains in a straight line."

(OOC: This is the order we'll assume you lined up in

Lord Cabbage-Head's Team

1)Noy

2)Ged

3)Jocelyn

4)Drenn

5)Isha

Young Potato-Boy's Team

1)Vykor

2)Midar

3)Rion

4)Nakor

)

IC: Waving the first two in the line over, Covai pointed for them to stand facing each other. "Now just stand there for a second." Covai ordered them as he pulled two strips of black cloth from his pocket. Wrapping them around each man's head so he couldn't see, Covai started spinning them around in circles to make them a little dizzy.

"Jocelyn, bring me what you find inside that barrel would you please?" Covai called out, pointing to the the barrel a few feet from Lord Cabbage-Head's line. He had placed the two items they would be using in there before he had gone to meet everybody.

Thanking the woman as he took two of the items, Covai took each man by the wrist and placed the handle of their weapon in each hand. Both were training weapons. Three foot long padded wooden swords. "Now if you could place one of the other items on either side of the field i'd appriciate. Just put them wherever you feel like it."

"Ged, Midar, here now!" Covai called. Putting each man directly behind their teammate, Covai took a few steps back so everbody could here him. Then remembering something he had forgotten to do, Covai pulled out the piece of chalk he had been using that morning and started wandering about the square, ignore, or rather...enjoying the confused looks he was getting.

Covai started drawing random circles and shapes around the contest area and shading them in roughly to clarify. He avoided the two rather large melons Jocelyn had placed, but placed a few circles nearby each just to be difficult. Finally happy with his work, Covai pocketed the chalk and addressed the group.

"Okay, this is the first challange teams. Jocelyn had kindly placed two melons somewhere in the square." Covai held back the obvious joke that came to mind. "Noy and Vykor here have to race to see who can smash the melon with what they have in their hands. Since they cannot see, Ged and Midar will have to be their eyes, calling out where to go and when to swing."

"However! If either Noy or Vykor step in one of the shaded circles or shapes I have drawn on the ground, they will have to stop and start again from where they are now. I will simply call for you to stop and pull you back to the start. Likewise, if you happen to kick the melon, or knock it out of the square without smashing it, you will loose."

"So Ged, Midar, the pressure is really on you two. But you can not move your feet from where they are." Covai grinned. "Don't dissapoint your teamates. But since this square is rather large...." Covai looked around "I'd say about thirty paces...maybe more in each direction, you can have your teamates help you. However you cannot speak to each other."

"Teamates can simply motion or point if you need to tell Noy and Vykor to stop, go left, so on and so on. And since channeling is forbidden for both teams, this bascially means a lot of arm waving from the sidelines."

Letting the rules sink in for a moment, Covai quickly spun each of the blindfolded men around by the shoulders to confuse their sense of direction a little more. Taking a few steps back, Covai clapped his hands.

"BEGIN!"

OOC: Basically have some fun with this one people. I'll post a winner based on which team has the most fun/choas/co-ordination. But I expect each of the blindfoldees to be taken back to start a few times :P Have fun folks :twisted:

Occ: Okay I am guessing you want us to post something short so that others can re-act right.

ICC:

Midar watched as Covai blindfolded, spun Vykor and Noy and handed them training swords by the looks of things.

"Ged, Midar, here now!"

Midar was surprised to here his name called. Covai stood him behind Vykor and then Covai drew funny shapes and circles on the ground. Midar listened as Covai explained the rules. It sounded simple enough. Oh sure it sounded simple but as soon as Covai yelled BEGIN! Midar realized it was not as simple as it seemed. Vykor was standing right beside a small circle, about a pace in diameter, and a circle about twice that was not too far in front of him. Vykor would have to go forwards to get around the first squre. The problem would be avoiding the circle.

“Forward two steps Vykor. Stop! Not that big a step.†Midar started to sweat. His first instructions and he had already made a mistake. He had misjudged Vykor’s stride so much that Vykor’s 2 steps almost landed him in the circle. He needed to be more cautious, and patient that was important too this could not be rushed. He looked over at Noy and Ged. They seemed to be having no problems, yet. They were friends after all. He looked to his teammates for help. They were all motioning in a different way. Some pointed right, others left, some seemed to be motioning for him to send Vykor into the circle. He decided to lead Vykor into an open space that lead through about the center of the huge square. That would involve moving Vykor about 5 paces left and then leading him through a zig-zag pattern to avoid a series of smaller circles.

“Okay Vykor side step five times to the left.â€

Midar had decided that it would be easiest to lead Vykor in a way that they would always be facing the same way to avoid confusion.

OOC: Hey Covai am i correct in assuming that both the people calling out are facing away from the circle so as thewy cannot see whats going on. Hence the gestures by the rest of us are sopposed to indicate which way the person should be yelling for our blindfoldee to go.

Effectively those of us who can't talk have to motion to those who can't look, who have to yell to those who can't see.

Maybe i'm overthinking it but thats what i got out of it.

OCC: wow if that is correct then I have to fix my post. but Death incarnate I think the point is that once my teamate has been directed furtherthen where I can see clearly i need to look and see what my teamates are motioning for me to do. (example Vykor is 20 paces away and Midar doesn't know where the circles and shapes around him are I look to my teamates for guidance.) I can look I just cant move around. :P

Guest Faile1987

OOC: Yeah, just a little confusing, but cool nonetheless ;)

IC: “Thanks, I was starting to feel embarrassed that I didn’t know many people’s names. I’ve seen you once before. You had a torn arm during physical training.†The encouraging smile Ged shot to Midar almost died on his lips as he was reminded of that one particular physical training lesson when they had to run laps carrying sandbags and his legs had suddenly given way under him with the result that he had broken his arm. Smiling awkwardly, Ged moved his arm unaware of what he was doing. Still it was a marvel that he was able to move it as well as before now after all the mess it had looked before. Well, what Healing could do was a marvel itself and he was still fascinated by it. At least the One Power could be used to do good despite the taint. Thinking of that reassured him a lot, even though he didn´t completely realize it yet.

But all of a sudden his attention was drawn away to what Covail told them to do. Ged frowned as he lined up behind Noy, still he didn´t know what his mentor wanted them to do and when Noy was declared Captain of their team, Ged grinned. This was going to be fun. His grin died on his lips though when Noy was blindfolded and he was told to give him directions to hit his target and not step into one of the strange circles Covai had painted on the ground.

"So Ged, Midar, the pressure is really on you two. But you can not move your feet from where they are."Ged took a deep breath and nodded. That was something Covai needn´t tell him. He was aware of the fact that the responsibility for their victory lay on his shoulders and he would do his best hoping he wouldn´t cause their team to lose miserably. However it seemed impossible to have an overview over the entire ground Noy had to cross and thuse Ged was glad for the others being allowed to help him, even though it was only by giving signs.

Nodding Ged clapped Noy´s back when Covai gave the sign to begin. Already now he realized that he´d have to direct his friend in a kind of zig-zag course, a zig-zag that wasn´t regular at all. He would have to pay close attention to Noy´s movements, but at least he was lucky to have known him for some time now and could judge his steps at least to some degree.

"All right, Noy", he called out, "Two steps left then a little one forward - Stop!", Ged nearly gasped when Noy was about to step right into the first circle. but his shout had come fast enough for Noy to freeze in midair and on Ged´s command, he stepped another step aside so he missed the circle. "Ok, now two straight forward, but slowly and not too big ones." Light, already now sweat was covering his forehead. This training method was different from anything he had experienced before, but it looked to be nothing less exhausting. Ged only hoped his teammates would be of some help in this.

IC: Of all the people that could direct him, Noy was glad that Ged was the one. He trusted Ged with his life and could follow him blindly.

A small voice in the back of his head screamed to Noy that he could never trust anyone, should never trust anyone. Noy silenced the voice and strained his ears for some sound of Ged's voice. "All right, Noy", he called out, "Two steps left then a little one forward - Stop!" Noy took two steps and began his one little one when he froze his body completely.

Light, Noy guessed that he had almost stepped in a white circle and was irritated that he could not see at all. This blindness was beyond irritating, it was eating at Noy. How could he move without his sight?

Dispite his annoyance, he still walked where Ged told him to. As Ged continued to call out directions, Noy guessed that he must have misstepped because a body slammed into him and dragged him off to the start. (OOC: sorry if I miss RPed Covai, but I can just see him slamming into Noy and dragging him off) With exclamations of suprise and anger, Noy began again.

Determined not to be taken back to the start again, Noy followed Ged with a new obediance. He stepped only where Ged told him to step and only in the direction that Ged said. Noy did not shuffle or shift at all. He only wished that he would get to the mellon soon.

ooc: so how do we decide which team gets to the melon first? Do we just say it's whoever RPs it first?

OOC: I'll post more tommorow if Vykor doesn't respond :D

ICC: Midar watched in facination as Vykor began to follow his instructions. Midar suddenly felt a surge of confidence. He was in control. Instead of leading Vykor around the circles he would lead him over them.

"Okay Vykor try jumping fowards." He waited as Vykor was deciding how to jump.

OOC: I dont know if this thread has stopped but i will go ahead and post this.

ICC: Midar watched as Vykor leapt. He made it over the circle but he stumbled after landing and stepped into a triangle. Great, now they had to start over. He would have to be more careful and less rash.

Midar told Vykor to go right; this time he made it past the first circle without incident. Now for the second one, thought Midar. Since jumping hadn’t worked Midar told Vykor to take 3 steps to the right again and than forward 5 steps. It was risky since it meant Vykor would walk between the second circle and a square towards the center. Vykor made it, just. Vykor had once had a foot above the square before Midar had stopped him. Midar now could not see very well how far in front of Vykor the triangle was. Midar decided that he could not rely on his teammates. They had not been very much help the last time. “Take one big step followed by two baby steps.†Vykor moved. Midar watched as best he could but with Vykor nearing the center of the square he couldn’t really tell. Vykor stopped right in front of the triangle, or so Midar judged by the fact that Covain hadn’t dragged Vykor to the start. Okay now for the easy part. “Side step twice to the right and then you can walk forwards about ten steps.†Midar watched as Vykor walked inbetween the shapes on either side of him. He stopped at about the center of the square. The watermelon was to his right. But between Vykor and it stood 2 final obstacles. A star shape and a pentagon.

Guest Faile1987

OOC: Sorry for posting here so late, RL business taking over me...

IC: Ged winced as Noy stepped right into the first circle after they already had managed to go a considerable part of the way, well, waver and stumble would rather hit it, but nonetheless one missdirection, once doing what Drenn and Isha were telling him to do, both apparently wanting to direct Noy into totally different directions had ended their proceeding in the task given by Covai and Ged let out a sigh of exasperation, fighting the urge to just go over to Noy and tell him where he had to plant his foot, but then again he remebered Covai´s strict order that neither him nor Midar were to move one foot.

Sighing, Ged succumbed to the rules hoping that the fact that he knew Noy longer than nearly anyone in the Black Tower would just help him a little. Ordering Noy around, two steps left, one right front, turn around left, rather jump than step over a smaller circle. "Watch out!", Ged shouted as Noy was about to trip into a yellow painted star, letting out a breath of relief when Noy just caught himself, arms wavering wildly, the expression on his blindfolded face altering from excitement, to strain, to frustration, to confusion. Light, they were only half a dozen of steps away from the melon Noy was about to hit, but without the help of his teammates Ged knew he would have to guess blindly as he told Noy to take one further step forward.

This had to be one of the most frustrating exercises Nakor had been a part of since arriving at the Black Tower a few months ago. Here they had two Dedicated on their team that had trained together on a few occasions but Covai had instead chosen for this little game the two soldiers, one barely here long enough to be called that instead of a recruit. So the two Soldiers were out there, one blind and the other immobile, and he and Rion had to rely on nothing but hand motions to direct them? This was crazy!

Already Midar had misinterpreted the signals they'd given him, resulting in Vykor being sent back to the starting location. To further confuse matters, when he looked over he saw that he and Rion were giving conflicting directions as they each saw a different path as being the best to take.

Nakor could see that the path Rion had chosen would work but he saw a quicker path. True, this one would be harder but if they could do it they'd reach their goal that much faster. So, since he couldn't tell Rion of his plan, he stepped in front of the other Dedicated and waved his arms to get Midar's attention.

It seemed Midar had given up on following their directions, a grave mistake since Vykor was now at a point between his partner and the rest of the team, effectivley blocking Midar's view of the obstacles. Nakor knew that Covai must have planned it that way and hoped Midar would wise up and watch his signals.

Then again, maybe he couldn't see him. After all, he was the shortest one out here. Well, except for Jocelyn that is. But he was definitely the shortest man out here and he realized that where he was standing he might not be seen by his teammate. But Rion could. He'd have to communictae through Rion to Midar.

First though, he had to convince Rion that his was the better way. How was he to do that when he couldn't talk? First he got Rion to have Midar stop Vykor while they conferenced. Using hand motions only he got Rion to come around and they proceeded with his plan.

Now that they were working together as a team they were able to guide Vykor past the remaining obstacles and swing his stick directly at the melon. Upon success Nakor looked up to see how the other team was doing.

OOC: Hope nobody minds us finishing. Notice though that I didn't say we finished first so if it bothers the rest of you you can say you did.

Rion walked along with his blindfolded teamate and picked out what trails he could, his only problem was that only half his mind and heart were in the game. The other was constantly stealing glances at Jocelyn on the other team, unsure of what he should really think about the woman.

Rion barely noticed when he and Nakor were pointing to different paths after their second trip from the start. He gave a start when he noticed Nakor waving his hands at him. He tilted his head to the side to try and make out the hand signals being sent in his direction. It didn't take very long, it was very obvious.

Rion could tell that the path chosen by Nakor was the better path, and he could somewhat tell that Nakor wished for him to motion towards Midar. It was a simple concept, Rion was taller and could be seen easier.

The smashing of the goal was only enough to produce a small triumphant smile on Rion's face that faded quickly when his glance passed over Jocelyn. His smile slid off his face and he turned away back towards his teamates.

Rion

Jocelyn followed the directions given to her silently, though each new task seemed to heighten her confusion as to what this was about more and more. Carrying the melons one at a time, she continued stealing glances at Rion, his face unreadable, though far from happy. It was very disheartening, nothing she did seem to work, though at least so far she hadn't pushed him further away. Well she hoped not, anyway.

When that was done the point of the exercise was finally given, a most bizarre task if she'd ever heard one. Still, she wasn't here to question, she was here to show Rion that she was determined, that she could happily live side by side with these...madmen. Supressing a tiny shudder, she took a place beside the square with the others, following her team mates in their silent instructions, feeling quite foolish as she waved her arms about, her eyes more often on Rion than on the game. Light, she would give anything to see him smile again.

Trying to focus her mind on the challenge, she wasn't surprised when the other team reached the goal before them, if only moments before. Her heart wasn't in it, it was on the quiet man she loved on the other side of the square. She looked up in time to catch his gaze, her heart leaping at the sight of the tiny smile on his face, which quickly faded as he looked her way. Sighing, she blinked back the tear that threatened. Things would change, she would make certain of that.

Covai clapped his hands together and called out "Team Potato-boy Wins!! You can take the blindfolds off now." Covai watched with a grin as the men surveyed the field for the first time to see what it was they had been trying to avoid.

After allowing the teams a few minutes to congratulate themselves, or not as they case may be, Covai stood up and called for attention. "That was a good first round every body. You may have felt a little foolish, but believe me........you looked even worse." Covai joked. "But the next event won't have anybody being blinded folded, and the numbers are also going to be evened out. Now bring the Captains and follow me!"

Leading the group back behind the Inn, Covai was grateful the see the chests he had organised were placed outside like he had asked. "Okay, each team pick a chest and go to it, inside are uniforms that you will both have to put on for this event. So go and suit up"

Covai motioned for Jocelyn to stop. "Sorry Jocelyn, but there's not one there for you. To be honest I didn't really except any women to be participating." Covai had prepared a back up plan in case of this, which was fortunate pre-planning. "But I've still got something you can use. Follow me" What he had in mind would work out even better. Leaving the men to suit up, Covai led Jocelyn inside the inn to find the kitchen staff he had talked to earlier.

Leaving Jocelyn in the hands of some of the women inside, Covai came back outside to see each team had already dressed up. Lord Cabbage-Head's Team was dressed up as a variety of trollocs, and Young Potato-Boy's Team was dressed up as army soldiers. The sight of the men dressed up like this would seem hilarious to any passers by, especially the impossing Isha dressed up as he was. Covai bit his lip to stop from laughing as he wondered how the Asha'man drew the short straw of the already rather ridiculous costumes.

Waiting for Jocelyn to come out before explaining the rules, Covai wondered in almost disbelief that there had been no objections to the costumes. They were some darn fine costumes and had taken him a while to organise, but they still weren't something that one could throw on without being at least a little self-concious.

OOC: Have fun picking what trollocs you want to be guys ;) Soldiers, have some fun as well and make up some ranks for the uniforms you pick ;)

Guest Faile1987

OOC:

>>>

<<<

My mentor´s totally hilarious...and more than half-crazed...poor Ged what has he gotten himself into there? Hm...

IC: Ged let out a frustrated sigh of resignation when Covai announced that the other team had won. Honestly they only had been two more maneuvres from their target and he was sure he would have had Noy manage to hit it if they had had a little more time. But still, he went over to shake hands with Midar telling him that he had guided Vykor well and shot a rueful knowing grin to Noy who was just about to get rid of his blind fold.

Ged didn´t like to face defeat but anyway it was only a simple training lesson, though a very peculiar one he had to give in. As his mentor began to speak again, Ged was curious for what would come next though and he turned around to the box Covai had indicated for them to choose their "costumes".

Costumes? What game is this?, Ged wondered, a frown marring his forehead as he walked over to where the others were already gathering around the boxes murmuring incredolously. Wondering what they were muttering and looking so angry about, Ged needed one glance into the chest to join their complaints and voicing of outrage. "Light, Covai, you can´t mean for us to run around dressed like TROLLOCS!", Ged almost shouted, for once oblivious about the common Black Tower etiquette. No, he couldn´t believe his mentor was that mad, to invent such a farce. What bad joke was this?

But still Covai vehemently persisted on his point and made them dress up in the given "uniforms" and Ged eventually had to comply to him, muttering foul curses as he got into the "costume" feeling like the biggest fool ever wandered around in the world, feeling not only riddiculous and disgusted by the way he had to dress, but moreover furious about his mentor and himself for letting his quick tongue and lack of thinking things through too often get him into trouble such as this.

"Light, if that is how it feels to be a Trolloc, they bloody deserve to be killed out of pure pity", he muttered angrily, when he picked up the scythe-like sword belonging to his "uniform" still hoping this would be nothing more than a very bad joke of his mentor.

OCC: wow costumes are we playing dressup :P

ICC:

Victory felt sweet. Midar felt a t least a foot taller as he shook hands with Ged. They had won. He looked towards Vykor waiting to see if he would notice him.

The first round had been a little unusual to say the least and it made Midar wonder what the next round would bring. He didn’t have to wait long as Covai pointed them towards the chest with costumes for them. Inside his team’s chest he found a army soldiers outfit. When he looked at the other team he saw that they were dragging out trolloc costumes.

Trollocs and soldiers were they playing make believe? He saw that Jocelyn would not be participating, that could mean strong physical contact. Physical ability was one of Midar’s bad points, one of his very weak points. Midar pulled on his outfit. It was just about a perfect fit. The outfit reminded him of his time spent with a mercenary. Midar shook the thought out of his head as he looked at his teammates. Midar had to admit it was quite comical; fortunately they had gotten the soldier outfits and not the trolloc outfits like Lord Cabbage Heads team. He looked at the mascots ant smiled inwardly thinking how already thought the first round he had become for familiar with everyone. He now recognized Noy, Ged, Nakor, Jocelyn, and of course Covai. Midar hoped to match more names to faces as the competition went on.

It looked like Covai was waiting for someone before explaining the rules. Midar sat down cross-legged on the ground to wait.

Jocelyn listened to Covai, somewhat bemused at him humour. Generally she would have likey appreciated it, but she didn't feel much like smiling lately, let alone laughing, though she couldn't deny the activity must have looked ridiculous to any bystanders.

Curious despite herself, Jocelyn followed along with the others, to the back of the inn. Stopped in her tracks before she could even look into ther chests, she looked up at Covai who had stopped her. "But I've still got something you can use. Follow me"Slowly she followed him into the inn, curious as to what on earth he could have in store for her. The sight that greeted her made her turn to him with raised brows. "You expect me to wear that?" She asked, incredulously, narrowing her gaze at his grin.

With half a mind to refuse, she remembered why she was participating in the first place, and sighed resignedly. "Fine!" She muttered, lifting her hands in the air in surrender as Covai left, the women inside bustling around her to help her dress.

When they were done, she looke down at herself, smile playing across her features along with a blush as she tried to decide whether she was comfortable with the outfit or not. The blue material was cut quite low, not something she was unused to, of course, and the dress skimmed skimmed her curves, even if the bodice was a little tight in some places. A small train, of all things fanned on the floor behind her, and atop her loose black hair sat a pointed hat. If she didn't know better, she could almost believe herself to be some exotic princess, or at least a damsel. Damsel in distress, perhaps?

Snaking her hands out from under the long, flowing sleeves, she picked up her skirts and headed outside once more, treading carefully so as not to loose her hat. She halted as she saw the others in their costumes, some rather impressive trolloc costumes, which made Isha look all the more intimidating, and soldiers, with crisp uniforms. Blushing at some of the looks cast in her direction, well in a specific direction, she resisted the urge to fold her arms over her chest, instead peeking at Rion from the corner of her eye, noting just how handsome he looked in his uniform. Turning her eyes towards Covai, she had a sinking feeling she knew what he was up to with this task, and smiled a little to herself. This could prove to be an interesting day after all.

OOC: wow... This really got away from me. Sorry but RL has been hectic and busy.

IC: Drenn felt a pang of disapointment as he watched Vykor strike the melon with his padded stick what might have only been moments before Noy would have reached it but his disapointment didn't last as his thoughts were dragged on to Covai's next escapade. He listened as Covai told each team to open a chest upon discovering what was inside Drenn nearly exploded with laughter at the near void-breaking humor of what was inside. Trolluc costumes! The man wanted them to dress up in Trolluc costumes for the next stint? What was next? A wrestling match in mud to determine the victor between the Creator and the Dark One?

Once the sense of absurdity passed he made his way to the chest and pulled out a hawk-like Trolluc guise and slowly managed to don the outfit. It was a tight fit but he managed. The sight must have been immensely hillarious to the onlookers who had now gathered to watch the ludicrous events taking place. He almost envied the other group who got to dress up in a regular soldier outfit until he caught the eye of one of the other teams members. With his black eyes gleaming out of the eyeholes in the hawk-shaped helmet it must have been a frightening sight as the man recoiled slighty before turning away. He did tend to enjoy the fright effect he sometimes had though unfortunatly most had grown used to it by now.

Pushing the thought aside he turned back to covai in his new appearal and waited to hear what their next escapade would be.

Rion bounced on one foot as he tried to pull up the pant leg of his costume. All in all Rion though he looked rather foolish in the dark grey uniform. He had to bend rather akwardly as he tried to see what the rank of his uniform was, though when he saw he wasn't really sure what it actually was.

He shook his head and then gave a quick moment to gaze over his uniform. It consisted of a rather plain dark grey pants with a golden stripe going up the sides of each leg. The shirt was an equally drab gray with the Black Hawk of Shiner flying rampant on his chest.

In hindsight his choice of costume was a rather ironic one, if anything in the world he was the most opposite to a Shinearan.

Rion turned and jumped with with a strangled cry at the sight of the other team dressed in their trolloc costumes, or at least at Drenn and Isha who posed an extremely terryfying couple.

Though his fear turned to outright awe as he saw Jocelyn walk out of the inn. With the total picture she looked rather ridiculous, but Rion couldn't take in the whole picture. Her dress was cut in a way that made Rion blush, not unlike what she normally wore it just showed more instead of just suggesting it. He chuckled lightly at the conical cap sitting on top of her head and then when he realized he was staring closed his jaw shut with a click and turned away with his cheeks begining to heat.

Rion drummed his fingers on his thighs as he waited for Covai, trying to calm his beating heart and remember he was supposed to be fighting with Jocelyn, not gawking at her.

Rion

As Midar sat he watched the others carefully. He watched as others would jump whenever they looked at Drenn and Isha. True they made a scary pair. Midar’s heart jumped at the site of them even without the trolloc costumes but he had learned the hard way that it was important to hide your feelings as much as possible. He saw as Rion’s jaw suddenly dropped open. Midar looked in the same direction as Rion waas facing and saw Jocelyn. Though she looked quite different. The dress made her look royal. In some ways she looked similer to the queen of Caemlyn. As Midar looked at Jocelyn’s face, it was for an instant replaced with the face of his older sister. Midar felt a ht tear fall down his cheek. He quickly wiped it away and turned away from Jocelyn. Too many memories, most ofthem bad, came to him when he watched her. Though she looked nothing like his sister Jocelyn had the same kind of inner spirit. Midar wondered if others could see it too.

Now understood the reason for trolloc and soldier costumes. It would be a play. The soldiers were going to have to save the princess, Jocelyn. Except unlike a play the physical contact would be real. In stories like the Myth of Hurcles, the hero always prevailed. Or in the Legendary War of Firebirds, the side of the Ligth always won, but this wouldn’t be like that here the winner would be the one that can out fight or outwit the opponent.

As the two groups searched through the chests and began to assemble and then don their costumes Nakor couldn't help but find the whole thing very amusing. Isha and Drenn, the two biggest men in the group, would of course be in trolloc costumes. It would even be scary if it wasn't so funny. He and Rion, along with the two soldiers on their team, were stuck in the uniforms of the Shienaran army.

Nakor was amazed that the uniforms fit them at all. He was after all the smallest man at the Black Tower and Rion wasn't much bigger. Covai must have had these uniforms specially made. Though, that implied that he knew he would be on each team. That presented an unpleasant thought. Just how much of this was planned out ahead of time? It was interesting to note though that the only uniform small enough for him happened to be the one with the most stripes of rank on it.

Then he saw Jocelyn and he found his heart in his throat. That dress was downright scandalous. Just what did Covai have planned for them?

• 2 weeks later...

After Covai had directed everybody to their positions, ignoring some of comments made about the outfits, he was rather pleased with himself. This could work out better than he had hoped. Or, it could all collapse in on itself and be a total disaster. Either way would be interesting to watch though.

He had explained to each team what their purpose and role was. Jocelyn was the typical damsel in distress, and the 'Trollocs' were the evil creatures. The soldiers' job was to slay the Trollocs and rescue the damsel before it was too late. Covai has run various idea's through his mind until he thought of one that should be fair enough to work, without bouncing the poor damsel around too much.

As for how 'kills' would be worked out, that was going to be interesting. Each combatant had two 'attacks' they could use. These 'attacks' were up to them to create in the form of rhymes. Since weapons would be prejudced with the different training levels, it made sense to pick a ground no one would have much practice in. It would basically be a dialouge between the a soldier and a trolloc at a time, with who ever had the best insults/message/rhyming being declared the winner, and the other 'killed. If the soldiers could 'kill' all the trollocs, they'd win. If not, well Jocelyn could kick them for loosing later.

OOC: Ok, have fun folks. And yeah, this is basically a rap battle between the lot of you. Whoever wants to get up first from each team, go for it ;)