• No, but I am Canadian
    • Yes, but your accent is sexy
    • No, but your accent is sexy
    • Yes, but your accent is VERY sexy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Quote "I think Lews Therin Telamon is one of the coolest in the series, but its not as interesting as one of his titles, "Lord of the Morning". It just gives such a definate image of pureness, at least in my mind."

Thanks for that Mr Storm i appreciate it. I destroyed the world once, you know. You can do it, if you try hard enough

I happen to like Lan, but that's because the entirety of my father's side of my family calls my father Lan (an uncommon nickname for an Alan)...

As for interesting and phonetically-pleasing, my personal favorites are Narishma and Moiraine.

R

Well, in Swedish the names Rand and Mat are actual words which kinda reduce their "coolness" to me. :(

My personal favourites are Lews Therin, Elan Morin Tedronai, Demandred, Taim and Moiraine, but RJ has definitely made tons of superb names and it's hard to single out the best, since they're all so good. :)

gai'shain

I have considered naming my daughter (when I have one) Aviendha. I love her name.

exactly, my daughter was born in 1987.

you have to have a last name that goes along with it.

i had a red-headed girlfriend with aviendha's go-for-it spirit.

that has to be my favorite name from the story as well.

am i the only one who loves the simple simplicity of The Mountains of Dhoom?

think about it, name something the Mountains of Doom, and it sounds like a sterio-typical bad place,

but put the letter H in the name, Mountains of DHoom, and not only is it pronounced differently, its completly original...

i just like to say it, come on, say it...

MOUNTAINS OF DHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooommmmm

:D

I must say, I am very surprised nobody has yet mentioned my favourite name, Lanfear. I think it must have been a tough job to fit the word 'fear' into a name without it sounding ridiculous, but he's managed it.

The other two Forsaken names I like are Semirhage, Asmodean and Mesaana, but a lot of the others sound like old testament stuff to me (I think it's the ael bits).

Lews Therin Telamon is a damn cool name, but it can't compete with his titles of Kinslayer and Lord Of The Morning. In fact, I think I've only ever heard one title cooler than Kinslayer, and that's Betrayer Of Hope.

Also rather fond of Rand Al'Thor and Shai'tan.

ILS

I love it when a name evokes a feeling.

Tel'aran'rhiod, it even sounds eerie.

Manetheren, it sounds magnificent.

Cairhienin, they sound haughty.

As for characters,

Semirhage, the first time I saw how to pronounce it in the glossary of The Fires of Heaven, I said "Yikes!"

Lord Galadedrid Damodred, I knew he was going to be a interesting character.

Aviendha, I don't know, I just really liked the sound of that.

Archived