DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite B Movie

SqueeEGA

Evil Dead 2 fer sure.

But I must say it is a bit ridicilous to say that B movie = small budget. That would mean that Bergman, Fellini, Kurosawa, Tati etc only made B movies, and that kinda turns the entire classification thing upside down and inside out at the same time.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OMG!!  Manos Hand of Fate was the best MST3K movie I ever saw.  I think I peed my pants just a little watching that.  Ok.  A lot.

YES! Someone else here knows about that movie! I can only watch it in MST3K because of how great the commentary is.

how about Starship Troopers....

Oh yes, the sci fi movie they will make fun of in 30 years if anyone remembers it.  The launcher of Denise Richards career.  After that she became the worst James Bond woman ever.  She should thank her lucky stars every day that Charlie Sheen took a liking to her and reproduced.  Once a Sheen, always a paying for the babies.  She is the kiss of death in every movie she has been in, and thats not to many.  Did I mention that she sucks?

I dont know bout you guys, but in NY in the upper HD universe is a channel called MonstersHD. It is B movies commercial free and all the time.  You get 3 or so movies from the 50s or 60s followed by 2 or so zombie movies followed by something around 1980.  Best channel when nothing is on. 

• 2 weeks later...

I saw Manos the other day. Unbelievable. Wouldn't have been funny without the commentary, though.. would have just been painful.

I forgot how funny MST3k was. Haha.

The bunny thing sounds hilarious. I wanted to check out the lamb thing where they go around killing all kinds of folk but I haven't gotten around to it yet. One day.

Oh yeah, and Starship Troopers counts too? Wow. I remember thinking that movie was awesome when I was younger. Hahaha. But, watching it now (especially after reading the book) it's like what the...?

Good times.

"The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra", "Plan 9 From Outer Space" - which has some of the best lines ever!

"Perhaps, on your way home, someone will pass you in the dark, and you will never know it... for they will be from outer space!"

And "One Million Years B.C.", Awesome B-Movie excellence!! (the t-rex/stegosaur fight is brilliant!)

And basically any of the 'Flash Gordon' films.

Maybe someone on this thread can help me. I was very young (sometime around 1971-3) and I was staying at my uncles. I fell asleep watching TV and woke up watching a late movie. All I remember was a 1950's pink cadillac with a bunch of men on a stretch of highway and this HUGE spider chasing them. They set off dynamite and this huge cloud obscured the spider, than you see one leg than another until you see the spider coming closer.

That's all I remember and I don't think it was a dream. If anyone has seen a movie like this, I would like to know the name of it. Thank you.

My favorite B movie would have to be Rocky Mountain Picture Show. There is a Musical called Paint your Wagon. If it's not a B Movie, you need to see it to hear Clint Eastwood Sing!!

Well, leave it to Blackjack Dragon to get into my stash of Two River's tabac, but I am afraid that he is correct.  You see, I suffer from severe typos, which is even more painful to suffer as a gleeman.  I often make mistakes such as Mat Cauldron, Randal Thor, and typing Tree-Barr instead of Tree-Brother. 

These are all mistakes that my good friend and fellow gleeman is eager to point out.  I think it makes him feel better about his own work.  He quite fancies himself as an authority on such things, since he claims to have gotten his useless collection of boring stories together and published.  *sniffs*

[glow=gray,2,300](The Return of the Fallen by R. Michael Love (aka. Dragon21)!!!

CHECK IT OUT AT www.trinivia.com, RELEASED SUMMER OF 2008! Coming to a Barnes & Noble near you!)

[/glow]

Anyways, this gleeman assures everyone not to dwell too much on this small bickering between us too.  The affairs of the Thom Merrilin Society [TMS] will amaze and confuse, but always amuse!  My apologies to gleeman Tree-Barr and the lovely as allways High Lady Cleo.  *bows and grins*

• 2 weeks later...

"B" movie as in bad, or "B" as in budget?

I guess both apply, yes?

I'll put forward Ghoulies as a favorite of mine.

Probably the funniest is I Was a Teenage Zombie.

I'll grant you that Ghoulies had a bit of a puppet fx budget to work with, much along the lines of CHUDS and Critters.

Clerks is actually a "B" movie in my estimation, as is Reservoir Dogs. Acclaimed as they might have been for stylistic reasons, I still consider them kind of bad and they are budget flicks.

You can throw in stuff like Blair Witch Project for that matter, being considered bad and budget. I did appreciate it for what it was though.

I'll have to go with I Was a Teenage Zombie because it's really one of those flicks I can watch again and again, it's truly low budget and seems like it's meant to be bad, but it's so enjoyable for some reason.

It's like the movie you and your best friends made in college. No, not that kind of movie, pervs.  ;) ::)

Archived