DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Anime] Do you watch anime?

SinisterDeath

• Community Administrator

I know theres a few people in the seanchan who watch Anime, so I figured why not have a topic about it?

Like, what animes are you currently watching? Which have you watched? Which do you love/hate? ect. ;)

I've currently watched,

All of Blue Seed

All of Ghost in the Shell (Series & Movies)

All of Trigun

All of Cowboy Bebop

All of FLCL

Most Innuyasha (It was on Cartoon Network)

All of Full Metal Alchemist

All of Bleach (Up to episode 149 or something now.)

All of Naruto.

All of Naurto Shippouden (Up to the latest episode 49 I believe.)

All of GTO (Great Teacher Unizuka)*** Funniest Anime, EVER.

All of Gun Grave. (Pretty awesome anime, at least the first 10 or so episodes, heavilly mafia themed, but goes 'lol science/magic' after the initial 10)

All of Gun X Sword. (Interesting anime, not 'interesting' like Ghost in the shell, but interesting in that its a bit different, but has a similar over all theme as Gun Grave. Also, who doesn't like to watch 80 year old guys who used to be the equivolent of power rangers, telling the young people about the ol' days? ;) )

All of Chobits (Probably the 2nd Funniest anime ever.)

All of Kurau Phantom Memory (Awesome anime, in both style and in animation terms, the story remains on the path, and doesn't do any 'filler' episodes, in the sense that they last 30 episodes. The Series is only 24 episodes long, and they don't dilly dally to long in any one place)

All of Full Metal Panic!

Wolf's Reign

Blood +

Gilgomesh

Project A-ko

Virus Buster

Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

Final Fantasy

Samuraii Champloo

Afro Samuriaa

Street Fighter 2

Street Fighter Alpha

Read Or Die

Mezzo

Black Jack

Elfen Lied

Hellsing

Hellsing Ultimate

Rangnorok

Witch Hunter Robin

Death Note

Dead Leaves

Perfect Blue

Some Gundam

Ruroni Kenshin

Tenshi Muyo

Tokko

Dragonball

Dragon Ball Z

Dragon Ball GT

Samurai X

Ninja Scroll

Lady Death

Blood: The last Vampire

Princess Mononoke

Vampire Hunter D

*Updated List, since I Forgot A Few.*

Tengen Topppa Gurren Lagan - Pretty awesome

Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust - saweet

Finished Spice and Wolf season 1

Watching Spice and Wolf Season 2

Watching Umineko no Naku Koro ni - When the Seagulls Cry. Not a sequel to Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni, but in the same universe.

Finished Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Kai

Finished Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni

Watching Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-Chan!!

Watching Princess Lover! - (name sounds like a hentai, so far, it isn't. :P)

Watching Zan Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Uhh. wow. This anime is.. I can barely follow it!

Watching Canaan - Interesting anime, Espionage, super spy, guns, boobs.

Watching Shangri-la - Okay... how do you explain this one? Future, carbon-credit economy, global warming is beyond real. An advanced building that houses all of tokyo's remaining population. Killer plants, Transvestites with killer kissing attacks, child sacrafices, magic, thermal nuclear weapons, advanced AI on a killer rampage terminator style.

Finished Eden of the East - BY FAR the best anime that came out this season. This anime, is alot like Bourne series in that the main character has no idea who he is, where he is, how he got there. All he has, is a .45, and a cell phone. And he's naked on the whitehouse lawn. Also, think of it as a cross between Bourne and Death Note. Except with out all the killing. The cellphone is connected to 'something'. The guy has something like $100 billion that he can use on the phone simply calling someone, and can basically do 'anything' (it costs money) so if he wanted someone dead, he'd call said number, and say 'kill this person' And they can be shot dead nearly instantaniously. The anime apparently became so popular, they are making it into a live action movie to finish it off.

Watching Needless - Uhh.. this is similar to Tegenn Toppa Gurren Lagan in style. But its alot like bleach or other anime with people with an assortment of 'powers'. Oh, and the ending credits is borderline loli-hentai. Seriously, out of nowhere the ending happens and your going WTF?! WHO ARE THOSE GIRLS?! WHY ARE THEY KISSING?! ARE THEY EVEN 12 YEARS OLD?! IS THIS HOT OR DISGUSTING? I DON'T KNOW! :P

Watching Yoku Wakaru Gendai Mahou - Main character = female, She wants to be a wizard. Unfortunately in this magic system that uses code (like computers) and even has modern magic that uses computers to write the code and to use it. (as well as old school magic) the main character can only use 1 type of magic, that even over-writes all other codes. She can only summon Pans. Course, summoning is apparently a high level of magic... The first episode takes place in the present. The 2nd episode takes place several days in the past to explain the present. The next 6 episodes keep going further and further back in time, until finally it went back to the present... maybe...

Watching Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood. - Think of this like the orignal series, only with out all the filler. Its episode 21 and Elric has met his father.

Finished Dears - Its basically Chobits.

Watching Negima! - 12 year old wizard has to complete 1 task to graduate. His task? He has to teach an english class in Japan at an all girls school. o_O

Just Started Ouran High School Host Club - Wow... I think this is probably the gayest anime I've ever seen. And by gay, I mean homo. IF you watch anime, your bound to see anime girls act very 'touchy' with each other. I dunno why but its in virtually every anime. Even Bleach, where another woman feels up another for no reason at all. (Its not meant in a lesbian way, but in a comedic relief way. At least in Bleach... Chobits and Dears are very similar to this. Its often a boob joke at the expense of women with flat chests.. ect ect.) THe main difference is, instead of girls doing this to other girls, I think its guys doing it to other guys. (aka role reversal in anime, instead of girls being touchy feely its the guys). This might just be the entire point of this anime, since the main character is a girl who accidently joins said club, after breaking an $8,000,000 Yen Vace and is a 'commoner' in a extremely rich school... They think she's a guy, and gives her a guys uniform... I'm going to continue watching it. I mean, It IS funny, But I hope theres no package inspections dammit!

Watching Lovely Complex - This is both funny and gag filled. Really tall girl, and really short guy are constantly fighting with each other. Even though its apparent that they have a LOT in common.

Watched Baccano!

Watching Basquash! - This is an awesome anime, spiritual successor to Teggen Toppa Guerren Lagan. Mechs + Basketball = win.

Finished - Berserk - this is a DARK anime, bloody, brutal, you name it. The ending throws a fucking curve ball that explodes your face. The problem? The anime isn't finished. It got canceled before it could even get to the point that the beginning hit. The Manga goes on for 2 more 'arcs', but that ultimately got cancelled to I hear.

Finished Code Geass.

Finished D.Gray Man. - Think Bleach, Only GOOD. Remarkably little fillers, and even when they have fillers (which happen in the manga so aren't technically fillers) they are related to the plot. this is a GREAT anime IMO. Also, The Manga goes a few more episodes past the anime. Unfortunately the person who writes/draws it, Got sick for nearly a yaer so its been on hiatus for awhile.

Haven't Finished Gunslinger Girl - This anime has Potential. Unfortunately its so boring it can put me to sleep! And.. thats not easy.

Finished Pumpkin Scissors - Awesome anime, Goverment Conspiracies, Pre-World War II, Anti-Tank Troopers. (A single trooper that can take down a tank with a pistol) This unfortunately got cut short. :(

Finished Queen's Blade: Rurou no Senshi - Okay.. WOW, uhm.. This is basically as close as you can get to Hentai while still being firmly planted in Anime Territory. There IS actually freaking nudity in this, but hentai isn't just (topless) as the rules for what is and what isn't in japan are different then in america. IN america this would be rated NC17, and would probably be classified as soft-core. :P In Japan its still in anime territory, it probably has its own name/genre. But its not hentai simply because it would require nudity below the belt.

I honestly do not know why I watched that anime I think it was just to pass the time between other anime releases.

Finished Rosario + Vampire - School for Demons, + kid from human world + vampire. Its full of funny.

Thats the end of the updates, I'm probably missing a few.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stuff I've been watching recently is:

Gundam Seed (Original + Destiny)

Gunslinger Girl

Bleach

Naruto

Others I've seen and liked:

School Days (Watched to find out the ending.  If you haven't seen it, it starts off like a normal romantic comedy but takes an incredibly twisted turn near the end.  The ending is simply draw dropping)

Full Metal Alchemist

Full Metal Panic

Inu Yasha (can't believe it got canceled when it was starting to get good again)

Full Metal Panic

Baslisk

Death Note

Initial D

Bubble Gum Crisis (both original and TV)

Dragon Ball

Ranma 1/2

Project A-ko

Macross

School Rumble

Fushigi Yugi

Trinity Blood

Ah! Megamisama

Love Hina

Azumanga

Tenjou Tenge

I've been meaning for a long time to put together a list of the anime I've seen and what I have on disc.

I know I've seen Air, Noir, Mai Hime, S-cry-ed, Wolf's Rain, Gunslinger Girl, Shingestutan Tsukihime, Yumeria... and a handful of others.

I have tons and tons and tons on disc, and Netflix has tons of tons more.

I'm actually watching Samurai 7 off Netflix right now, in between movies and documentaries. It's entertaining.

I've been meaning for a long time to put together a list of the anime I've seen and what I have on disc.

I know I've seen Air, Noir, Mai Hime, S-cry-ed, Wolf's Rain, Gunslinger Girl, Shingestutan Tsukihime, Yumeria... and a handful of others.

I have tons and tons and tons on disc, and Netflix has tons of tons more.

I'm actually watching Samurai 7 off Netflix right now, in between movies and documentaries. It's entertaining.

I've also seen S-cry-ed, and wolves rain, There are so many I have seen, but can't recall all the time.

I've seen a few episodes of Gilgomesh, as well as Project Ako, some dominion tank police, final fantasy, final fantasy 7: advent children, samuraii Champloo, afro samuraii, Street Fighter 2, read or die, virus buster, princess mononoke, Blood: the last vampire, Lady Death, black jack, Mezzo (no not the hentai one, the anime one taht comes after the 'hentai' that I didn't know it came after, until I wiki'd it ;)', and Hellsing.

I've also seen through netflix,

I have a whole slew of anime i've seen, and mangas i've read. I made more room on my bookshelves recently, pretty soon they'll have the whole closet to themselves :D

Animes i've seen, in alphabetical order:

3x3 Eyes

6 Angels (didn't like it)

Ah! My Goddess

Ai Yori Aoshi

Ai Yori Aoshi Enishi

Amazing Nurse Nanako

Bakuretsu Tenshi

Beating Angel Dokuro-chan

Berserk

Bleach

Candidate for Goddess

Cat Girl Nuku Nuku

Chrno Crusade (recommended)

Clannad

Claymore

Death Note

Dead Leaves (OVA)

Disgaea

Dragonball

Dragonball GT

Dragonball Z

Dragon Half (great two eps, discontinued though)

Elfen Lied

Excel Saga

Fate/Stay Night

FLCL

Fullmetal Alchemist

Full Metal Panic!

Full Metal Panic ~ Fumoffu

Full Metal Panic ~ The Second Raid

Gestalt

Ghost in the Shell SAC

Ghost in the Shell SAC ~ 2nd Gig

Gokusen

Great Teacher Onizuka (hated it, sorry Sinister)

Grenadier

Gundam 08th MS Team

Gunslinger Girl

.hack//DUSK

.hack//LIMINALITY

.hack//SIGN

Hand Maid May

Hellsing

Higurashi no Naku Koru Ni (recomended!)

Higurashi no Naku Koru Ni Kai (season 2, recommended!)

Ikkitousen

Inuyasha (didn't like it)

Jubei-chan the Ninja Girl

Kodomo no Omocha

Lost Universe

Love Hina

Love Hina Again

Mahoraba ~ Heartful Days

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha A's

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerS

Mai-HIME

Mai-Otome

Mai-Otome Zwei

Midori no Hibi

Minami-ke

Naruto

Naruto: Shippuden

Ninja Cadets

Onegai Teacher

Princess Mononoke (movie)

Rahxephon

Ranma ½

Ragnarok (anime)

Read Or Die

Record of Lodoss War

Robotech: Macross

Samurai Girl ~ Real Bout High School

School Days

Shakugan no Shana

Shingetsutan Tsukihime

Slayers

Slayers ~ Book of Spells (OVA)

Slayers Excellent (OVA)

Slayers Next

Slayers Try

Sorcerer Hunters (OVA)

Starship Operators (best scifi anime so far)

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya

Tokyo Mew Mew

Video Girl Ai (manga was way better though)

Witch Hunter Robin

You're Under Arrest

Zero no Tsukaima

Whoa... That list turned out longer than i expected... Didn't even count some of the stuff i didn't like (and didn't bother remember the name of) o.O

I watch (or used to) a whole crap load of anime, so I'll just stick to the favs.

Hikari no Go

FlCL

Death Note (aside from the end)

Ruroni Kenshin

Tenshi Muyo

Lodoss War

Witch Hunter Robin

Full Metal Alchemist

Samurai X

Ninja Scroll

Wolf's Rain

Ghost in the Shell, pretty much all the OAV's

Tokko

Love Hina

Macross Plus Blue

Robotech

I read more manga than I watch anime though, like chobits, I've read but not watched.

I have seen a lot of anime too.  ;D

Naruto

Bleach

Claymore

D-Gray Man

Death Note

X

Hunter x Hunter

Gundam X

DBZ

Tenchi Muyo

Inayasha

Full Metal Alchemist

Yakitate Japan!

Trigun

Yu Yu Hakusho

Yu Gi Oh

Persona

Kenichi

One Piece

Shaman King

Read or Die

Read or Dream

I can't remember the others now.

• 1 year later...

hell ya i have a great appreciation of anime compared to the regular american cartoons, at least anime shows character growth and developement at times.

best example is DBZ he goes from a kid to a young man to a father than grand father.

DBZ (all versions), Lodoss Wars ( suprised not many more know or like this), Vampire Hunter D, Ninja Scroll, Bleach, Death Note ( i loved it ), Ghost in a Shell, Trigun, Yugi-Oh ( was cool ), Gundam , FullMetal Alchemist ( great show ),Inuyasha , Robotech, Naruto (love it, very enjoyable ), Cowboy Beebop, ShadowSkill, X, Wraith of the Ninja, Ninja ressurection... bah can't remember more atm ... oh ya Witchblade, its differant than i am used to from Image comics but was ok

I'll mention the one I'm watching now.

It's an anime called fafner and is a mecha anime with alot of references to gundam (though I haven't watched gundam) and has it's moments where it gets moody and has some pretty cool visuals. It's good, I wouldn't rate it perfect but it's not like it's horrible

I've just seen full metal alchemist and dragonball z

: p

check out full metal Alchemist: brother hood. Its like a remake, same style, same actors. They just got rid of all the fillers. o_O

They also have a remake of dragonball. ;)

• 2 months later...

Do you watch anime in English or in Japanese with English subtitles?

Most French anime fans watch in Japanese with French (sometimes English) subtitles because they generally don't like the French dubbed version.

I was just wondering if it's the same with English-speaking anime fans.

I've only seen a few episodes here and there, often in French because I like some French voices, and as I don't know the original version I can't notice any translation mistakes.

I perfer Japanese with english subs. But sometimes english dubs are actually better.

I like Fan Subs over Official Subs simply because, fan subs have a Higher Quality.

Alot of the jokes in anime, us americans don't understand the context, nor what they are reffering to.

Simply calling someone -chan, or -san can be the joke its self, and those just don't translate into english well. The Fan Subs actually like to put little 'notes' on the side explaining why everyone is laughing, either through because of the context, or a word that doesn't make sense to us. (aka instead of translating a word that can't be translated, or makes no sense if it were, they'd keep the japanese word up there, than simply 'define it' so it makes 'sense', in the context.

The same goes for anime with highly technical words that your normal person has never heard of. Official Subs rarely if ever do anything like that.

And the Dubs... Never.

My biggest complaint with the Dubs is the majority of the voice actors, Talk like they are doing Disney movies.

<--  was sad about Inuyasha being cancelled as well

really there are only 2 i love

- .Hack//Sign

- InuYasha

both of which i have the entire series on DVD.  except for InuYasha, i'm missing seasons 5 and 7  *nods*

.Hack// got me hooked.  and i absolutley loved playing .Hack//GU on the PS2.  i can't wait for them to come out with a new install ment for the PS3.

another semi-anime that i love is

- Avatar: The Last Air Bender.  which i currently have all but the last season on DVD :)

Those are such newbie animes! :P

You should try watching

Blue Seed (Its very inuyasha like.)

White Album - Its about relationships

Great Teacher Onizuka - Comedy, Teacher, alot like The Subsitute Movies, only he's an ex-gangster.

Yakitate!! - Its a comedy about Bread.

Lovely Complex - Tall Girl + Short Guy, Hate each other, but have everything in common

Spice and Wolf - Its... Interesting.

If your a guy...

Chobits - Haram Comedy, one of the top funniest out there.

Negima! - Haram Comedy, Think Harry Potter, only Harry's Final test is to teach at an all girls school...

Fight Ippatsu! Juuden-Chan!! - Uhh.. batshit crazy with comedy on the side?

If your a lady

Ouran High School Host Club - Reverse Haram Comedy. Instead of a guy having 30 girls going nuts over him. The guys go nuts over one girl.

Canaan - Chick = Super agent, kicks ass. First Season is complete, but it starts with an apparent back story that assumes you've seen it, and I don't think the backstory exists in anime?

Black Lagoon - Modern Pirates, some black comedy, Guns, and main star is.. Basically a Lady with a big gun, and a guy Accontant who decides to stay with them even after having a gun pointed at his head...

www.gogoanime.com

www.anilinkz.com

are good sites to watch all sorts of anime. ;)

I'd say there are few animes that I watch that alot of people may not know but mostly it's fairly stock standard and I watch it with english dub since with sub I hate having to read and watch at the same time (only had one movie where I used the sub since the dub was horrible)

I'd say the wierdest and prehaps lesser know anime I watch would be Requiem from the darkness, and maybe nightwalker

Archived