DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Hello! :-)

Evad Bel-Burg

Hey Everyone, how're you all doing?

It's great to be able to join a group where there are so many other people discussing what is, in my opinion, one of the greatest works of fantasy fiction ever imagined. I'm a budding writer myself, and I'm awed by what Robert Jordan created. To us, I'm sure that it seemed effortless and wonderful, but I'm sure he must have had moments where he would have strangled Rand if he could. :-)

Anyway, it's great to be a part of such an impressive and respectful online community - being in South Africa, there are no conventions and gatherings, so this is definately the next best thing. And hopefully you'll all hear my theory about Verin and the Horn of Valere on the next podcast; if the casters read my email on that show, feel free to drop me a message. :-)

So, be good, or be good at it,

Evad

Hello Evad.  Welcome to the madness!  Have you considered  checking out any of the orgs?  Two favorites of mine are the White tower and the Wolfkin.  I'm a sitter for the Yellows in the White tower so if you do decide to join that one be sure to stop by the Yellows and say hi!  Far as the Wolfkin... we are a fun loving group with everything from cheerleaders to a TQ lake and all the Chili you could possibly hope for!

Hello and welcome to DM!

You won't regret your decision on joining in DM boards! While you are here try to check all Orgs, each one is unique and interesting. I personally invite you to join The Band of the Red Hand Org. We love music, travels, brawls, brew and competitions. 3 splendid regiments are waiting for new members!  ;D

But whatever you will do, just have fun!  :)

Welcome!! Since you are a budding writer yourself you should scroll down and check out the RP side. It is a lot of fun and we have a lot of really amazing writers. If you have any RP related questions let me know!!  ;D

Oooo my geskikte senuwees !!  A fellow South African  :o

Evad, where are you? I'm in Cape Town  :D

Well, welcome to DM, Evan  :D

Do you like to wield The Power, to be bonded or to bond or maybe just have a big shiny sword?? Then the White Tower (Org) is the place for you!

We from the White Tower (Org) would like to invite you to visit us. We are a community forum: we talk, play, discuss serious matters, get totally silly - the WT has something for everyone.

You join as a Novice or an Algai, and can become either a Warder (Der'Manshima) or an Aes Sedai - we have female Warders and Ajah brothers! Each Ajah is themed (for example the Greens are the most social and the Whites like logic) and the warders are working on building new disciplines that look very exciting. You can bond, or not - whichever is your choice. Something interesting to note...the Ajahs are not always like the book ones. For instance...most of the reds love men!

So please make yourself comfortable and have fun around here!

Geniet, man, geniet !

Welcome to DM!

If you love music, travel and eating out (a new aspect to the Band to be added shortly!), then the Band of the Red Hand ORG is the place for you as we are DM's music and travel ORG! Be sure to check us out!

But whatever you do here at DM, have fun! :)

Hello Evad!

It's nice to see you here... I'm sure that you'll enjoy it! A budding writer eh? What types of books are you interested in writing?

:) I hope that you enjoy  your time here. If you need any help with anything please feel free to PM me. If you would like to have a fun time while enjoying learning bits and pieces about Aiel People and Culture you should come by the Aiel (Org)! Our Org Leader, Society Leaders and Head Wise Ones are always around to offer assistance as are all our other members! :)

Click the picture below to come and visit the Aiel of Dragonmount!

Aiel.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys and girls,

Sorry I've been quiet for a while, been busy at work and not getting time to come here. :-(

I would just like to thank you all for the great welcome you gave me, I gotta tell you it was a better welcome than I received at Wotmania, and even though that was the first site I became a member of, I've realized that Dragonmount is the site, considering that RJ made his 'home' here. :-)

I'm also an avid listener of the podcasts, have now downloaded them all (caught up, in other words) and I'll be listening to Ep 25 tonight.

For those of you who asked what kind of stuff I write (well, busy writing, put it that way), I'm busy with a Fantasy trilogy, a Star Wars trilogy (considered fan-fic but I'll get it published in a GFFA), and I also write poetry and short stories.

And for Elgee, I'm in Pretoria. :-) Hoe gaan dit man? Ek's baie bly om te hoor daar is meer van ons SA's hier as wat ek gedink het! :-)

Anyway guys, thanks again for the great welcoming messages!

E

P.S. isn't there an Asha'man society here? I want the dragon and sword on my collar! :-)

Dis wonderlik, Evad  :D

If you want to become an Ashaman, you need to join the Black Tower (fondly known as BT). 

On the Org side (which is the community side) you need to send a PM to a guy named Tayol.

If you want to RP (role play) as an Ashaman, I'm not sure what the procedure is, but I'll ask someone from that side to come fetch you hehehe

Whoa, this is weird o.O

I'm dutch myself, and SA looks to me like fonetic spelling of a dutch person with an accent. No harm intended by that comment however, i'm sure dutch would look the same to you ^^;

Als ik het goed heb, tenminste ;)

Either way, welcome to DM ^_^.

Ons kan het heel wel verstaan  ;D

Sorry about the extremely bad attempt at Dutch there lol

Afrikaans is derived mainly from Dutch, Jehaine - should be quite easy for you to understand most of it.  :D

Hello! I'm not new to dragonmoutn but this is my first time signed up to the forums! Just wanted to introduce myself. I love the WOT. Rereading it again infact; when not busy with uni work! LOL. Also wanted to ask, noticed there is no Second life RPG, was wondering if it was under a different name? Would be wonderful to interact with people in a "real" setting. How does the RPG on Dragonmount work? ;D

there is the orgs who are well people being themself and discusing things but also sort of rping in a sence that good friends bond, we party and whatnot...not sure if this what you wanted

and then in the RP well we got two PSW (portal stone worlds)

-the dragon reborn has a bigger frame work and can be seen as the main one, this one follow the books, and you make biographies that you develop and raise in requirement

-the one revolutions is a free one, here you can do anything, you can play in the age of legends, or in the next age, you can rp being the amerlyn during the hawkwing war. Basicaly its a board where you set up your own rp tread with your own rules, atm there even a meeting between one of the drpsw div's and one of the  org's on there.

First off, welcome to the forums Candice ^^

Now, i'm relatively new myself, but overall it boils down to this:

Org = Out Of Character sections

DR = Roleplaying sections

DR Div = Divisions. Kind of like RP Planning for that particular membergroup.

And then there's the Revolutions, which, like Ata mentioned, is basically people being able to do whatever they feel like doing without it influencing the main storyline ^^;

Archived