DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite scenes

aevogt

"The climax of the Great Hunt, from Ingtar's confession to the duel in the sky."

Upon further thought, I am seconding that. "The Light, and Shienar!"

More of that is needed, if it can be squeezed into the final book somewhere. Would be lovely.

As for great lines, another comes to mind:

"Weep on your march to Tarmon Gai'don."

Logain, chapter To Make An Anchor Weep, Knife of Dreams

(or something very much like it)

PS:...There might be a "better" suited track for where the following comes from, however I think it fits well enough for the "march":

Twin Cannon

(Then again, I could see it as fitting even better with Dumai's Wells...rawrrr...)

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bumping this with my favorites:

Ingtar's redemption

Perrin sending Faile away before Trollocs descend on Emond's Field

Elayne and Aviendha becoming first sisters

Those three actually brought tears to my eyes.  They were beautiful.

These two I loved because I love Mat:

Mat arriving in Salidar (until Egwene gets the best of him ._.)

Mat meeting up with the Band in Altara and having Tuon realize he's "kind of a big deal"

- Aginor and Balthamel appearing at the eye. I remember feeling a chill down my spine reading when Aginor first spoke. Of course, I did not know it was them until he gave their names but I was spooked regardless. He seemed more awesome in this form than he did as Dashiva ;P

- Egwene's Accepted Test. The Portal Stone scene in TGH when everyone experienced all their alternate lives. The scene with Ingtar's confession was pretty powerful as well.

- Lanfear going ballistic at the docks in TFOH. Excellend description by Jordan again. I could really envision her rage. It was all great from beginning to when Moiraine tackled her to the land of the 'finns.

- Nynaeve healing Logain. Awesome, unexpected and excellently crafted.

- Nynaeve in the Borderlands at KOD. Suroth getting her just desserts in the end.

I'll modify the post as I remember the others. If you couldn't tell, they've been split up according to book ;P

Where to begin... one from each book I guess

tEotW:  Meeting Loial

tGH:  Min finds Rand and Lanfear heals Rand

tDR:  Mat vs. Galad and Gawyn

tSR:  Aviendha beating Rand and Mat to Rhuidean, naked and barefoot

tFoH:  The Far Snows, an igloo!

LoC:  "I don't know what that is, but I think maybe you should wait before deciding to break it. Eh?" (i.e. - Bashere is Canadian!)

aCoS:  The touching Balefire streams and killing the maiden in SL

tPoD:  Rand revealing his plans for the taint to the Asha'man

WH:  All of Far Madding

CoT:  Mat's attempted courtship of Tuon

KoD:  Paddling Aes Sedai, Tuon's realization of just how awesome Mat really is

tGS:  Don't worry I'm not gonna say a word here, you better not either.

I tried to stay away from ones that have been mentioned already, but clearly those are awesome as well.  If you couldn't guess, Mat & Tuon are my favorites.

One scence that I love is when Mat, Elayne, Nyn and everyong else is getting ready to leacve for Ebou Dar and Mat notices how all the Aes Sedai are treating Egwene so he goes way overboard with his greeting to make her feel better and show the Aes Sedai who's boss. It shws just how good of a guy he really is ^.^

All of my other favorites have already been posted.

*Warning, this post contains spoilers for those who have not yet read up to at least Book 11*

My favourite scenes include the following:

1) Mat taking out both Galad and Gawyn single-handedly with a quarterstaff whilst still recovering from the taint from the dagger in TDR.

2) Watching the history of the Aiel in Rhuidean through the eyes of Rand's ancestors, followed by the proclamation of He Who Comes With The Dawn.

3) Rand breaking out from being shielded in Dumai's Wells.

4) Rand cleansing saidin.

5) The scene where Mat has to fight a street-full of toughs when Tuon insists on being taken to a hell in Maderin.

Think that'll do for now :D.

*Warning, this post contains spoilers for those who have not yet read up to at least Book 11*

My favourite scenes include the following:

1) Mat taking out both Galad and Gawyn single-handedly with a quarterstaff whilst still recovering from the taint from the dagger in TDR.

2) Watching the history of the Aiel in Rhuidean through the eyes of Rand's ancestors, followed by the proclamation of He Who Comes With The Dawn.

3) Rand breaking out from being shielded in Dumai's Wells.

4) Rand cleansing saidin.

5) The scene where Mat has to fight a street-full of toughs when Tuon insists on being taken to a hell in Maderin.

Think that'll do for now :D.

I greatly enojoyed those scenes also ^.^ Especially when Tuon insisted on going to a hell.

I wanna see in tarwins gap too, when rand travels there by accident and destroys a whole army of trollocs etc

I also like hearing about the hundred companions and LTT

of course the opening prologue

Perrins two rivers exploits

Rand's crazy duels

rand learnign the spear

mat's fighting in cairhein

gholam

I would really like to see what really happened with isam/luc

destruction of malkier

the numerous lan and myrrdral fights

rand's flight to tear

etc

etc lol

I wanna see in tarwins gap too, when rand travels there by accident and destroys a whole army of trollocs etc

I also like hearing about the hundred companions and LTT

of course the opening prologue

Perrins two rivers exploits

Rand's crazy duels

rand learnign the spear

mat's fighting in cairhein

gholam

I would really like to see what really happened with isam/luc

destruction of malkier

the numerous lan and myrrdral fights

rand's flight to tear

etc

etc lol

I'm so glad you included Isam/Luc, I never thought about it until you just said something ^.^ It would be nice to know how that whole thing worked out and what not.

Mat in Cairhien would be amazing to see also. Are you talking about when he kills Couladin?

The Cleansing and Dumais Wells go without saying, both times we see tactical channeling and I love it. Dumais Wells for the intensity; I felt abit like I was there, especially when the Ashamans gateways start appearing. The Cleansing for several Forsaken PoVs of the same scene, and for Cadsuane showing her management skills.

The Forsaken meeting in KoD, when Moridin announces that the Forsaken should target Mat and Perrin. Woohoo, about freaking time Moridin you PRAT.

The Watchers PoV. Very creepy, intriguing.

I like the scene where Thunder Walkers are guarding the tent that is used for Travelling and there is banter between them and the Maidens. Great humor in there. The Maidens taunt them for believing there is honor in guarding an empty tent, saying would they get drunk from empty cups, the Thunder Walkers reply with the Maidens created handtalk so they can talk even when they arent talking, and the Maidens get the last word by saying the Thunder Walkers sound like thunder even when they arent walking. Gotta love Maidens for their bantering.

Gotta say this as well, EotW prologue was great. I like how Elan Morin is disgusted at the state Lews Therin is in. and I like the explanation of how Dragonmount was formed.

Archived