DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Aviendha's Four Odd Kids

eflynn

Aviendha would have Rands babies, too. Four of them at once! Something was odd about that, though.

The oddness is not necessarily something about the babies, it might just as well be something about the procedure of giving birth.

First ever cesarean section in Randland?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm pretty sure that Aviendha's babies have nothing to do with Elayne's babies. Elayne has been pregnant for months now, I believe, so unless Aviendha has twins who are extremely premature, or Elayne's are long overdue...

And since Min predicted that their kids would all be healthy, I very much doubt that that would be the case.

It's odd that Min thought there was something odd about Aviendha's quadruplets, because I'd think that quadruplets would be odd enough. It may actually be the first Caesarean section in Randland, but seeing as the One Power can make it easier to bear twins, surely it could make it easier to bear quadruplets too...

Don't Nicola have a prediction in the lord of chaos, that tells about three ladies in a both after the great batle,and he who lives and dies? Can't that mean that Rand lives, and have children with Avi after TG?

I'm pretty sure RJ (and now Brandon) will arange meeting between Rand and Avi before TGD. Otherwise there will be no suspense for last battle (at least with regard to Rand's fate).

1) Min comments in Jordan-hint fashion that she wishes she could see things about her own future children- potentially, Min and Elayne are both pregnant, and because of the sisterhood-pregnancy-Warder thing one's contractions will trigger the other's, and Aviendha will suffer the birth pangs of both- making them her children by proxy. Particularly relevant if neither Min nor Elayne survives.

Well, that sort of means that Brigitte should also be the mother of Elayne's children via the Warder bond. Doesnt it?

Any new ideas about what is going to be odd with the four babies Aviendha is supposed to have with Rand?  I'm at that point in re-reading the series (I had forgotten about it).  Maybe they are born as two sets of twins, each set opposites of their twin (1 good, 1 evil).  After all, in the past the Dragon has been the champion of the DO too right?

1. Opposites: male <--> female

2. The Dragon the champion of the DO? No, not possible otherwise Light would be dead already.

Hello Saidar. I haven't had a chance to look through the books (1000's of pages after all) to find where this was stated yet but I'm certain it's there somewhere.  Somewhere, I think in an exchange between Ishy and Rand) it is said that in ages past the Dragon has fought on the side of the DO.  I think he said he was the DO's champion too but I'm not 100% on the champion part.  Someone help me out here.  It could take a long time if I have to skim through the first 3-4 books to find it.  Someone else on this board suggested Ishy could be lying, which is true, but that would be a poor way out in my opinion.  I like the idea that in any given age, the Dragon can be on the side of the Light or the Dark.  Mostly because I believe the Creator and the DO are two aspects of the same essence (more on that later if you want to talk about it). 

Why does the Dragon fighting for the DO automatically mean the end?  There would still be a colossal struggle between the forces of the Light and the DO.  Don't forget that the heroes of the past could be called to fight for the Light with the Horn of Valere as well.  Even with the DO partially loose during the War of Power with Dreadlords and Forsaken/Chosen leading the fight (you'd think it couldn't get much worse than this) the dark side still lost.  And some of the forsaken were barely weaker in the power than LTT.  They even had use of the "True Power".

I'm not sure what your first comment was supposed to mean. Can you elaborate?   

As to Avi being sterile remember she had sex with Rand one time. Even Elayne had two. And as to the statistics found in contraceptive devices, I also recall that rubbers are only 99% effective even if used correctly!  Makes me think that maybr, just maybe, the 85% figure for pregnency resulting from  unprotedted sex might be a bit of a scare tactic.

There's a 20-25% chance of getting pregnant in any given month (i.e. if you're TRYING to have kids and are using optimal conditions such as tracking ovulation, conserving sperm count, positioning, etc).  This statistically gives a woman a 90% chance of becoming pregnant within 1 year of trying.  So, the back of the BCP pack is technically correct within the proper context, but it is definitely misleading.

I don't remember why the question was raised, but on the "dragon of the shadow" topic, Ishamael is a "lying lier who lies" I'm pretty sure that RJ confirmed that the Dragon has never joined the shadow and that without the Dragon the forces of light cannot win.

Maybe I'm mistaken.  Did RJ really confirm that because that would be news to me.  It kinda' takes a little something away from the story for me to be honest.  Not much though - I still love it. 

Regarding actually getting pregnant - it took my wife and me a little over two years to conceive, and that was doing everything right.  The timing - perfect.  The frequency - perfect.  The act - perfect (as always  ;)).  Both of us tested and in great shape.  Then again, a friend of mine had no intention of having a baby, did it once, and ended up with a pregnant wife.  Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it in the end. 

I'm actually hoping something is odd with her kids.  Something that perhaps could lead to a spin off series in the future???  Maybe Avi does manage to get pregnant before TG.  Maybe, in a last ditch effort to stay in the world, the DO, as he's being sealed back into his prison, lashes out and "attaches" to or taints somehow one of the 4 babies?

Maybe I'm mistaken.  Did RJ really confirm that because that would be news to me.  It kinda' takes a little something away from the story for me to be honest.  Not much though - I still love it. 

Regarding actually getting pregnant - it took my wife and me a little over two years to conceive, and that was doing everything right.  The timing - perfect.  The frequency - perfect.  The act - perfect (as always  ;)).  Both of us tested and in great shape.  Then again, a friend of mine had no intention of having a baby, did it once, and ended up with a pregnant wife.  Doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to it in the end. 

I'm actually hoping something is odd with her kids.  Something that perhaps could lead to a spin off series in the future???  Maybe Avi does manage to get pregnant before TG.  Maybe, in a last ditch effort to stay in the world, the DO, as he's being sealed back into his prison, lashes out and "attaches" to or taints somehow one of the 4 babies?

I don't think there will be a spin off serie...

It took my husband and I almost 5 years to get pregnant with my daughter, but about 4 years in we discovered I had a hormonal problem.  :D  Once we took steps to correct it, I was pregnant within 9 months of starting my meds.

This time, I stopped breastfeeding my daughter at the end of August, and I got my positive pregnancy test on my daughter's first birthday in October.  Go figure.  I guess whatever was broken is now fixed.  So, I agree, it all just seems to be a crap shoot.

Back on topic:  I personally like the idea of Avi having 2 sets of identical twins, one set a boy and one set a girl.  On another message board I frequent, one of the mothers had this happen this summer.  She had 2 eggs get fertilized, and each split into a set of identical twins.  I think the chances of this happening are like 1 in 13 million.  So, I could see this as being "odd." 

My theory is that the boys (I'm guessing there will be something like two boys and two girls) will have the dragons on both forearms even though they have not gone to Rhuidean.  I don't know about the girls, probably the invisible mark that the Wise Ones (I remember something about how the females didn't need a visible mark like the males.)

Maybe the kids will be republicans.

Rofl. I got to say, when I saw you were the last to post Luckers, I thought it was to the rescue of the Body Swap theory.. but this is so much better. xD

Really though, I see them as being Morarand's (Rand in Moradin's body) kids. Though really, I have no idea.

I thought Gaidal Cain was already born. (I know it's not Olver, but I'm pretty sure that Birgitte said something about Gaidal Cain being spun out in book 10 or 11... Somebody, help me!)

I seem to remember this too, though it has been a while. But yeah, I think Gaidal's out already. That being said, it would be SO much more fun if he were one of Avi's kids.....

I've got a little theory as well.  Because Min was so non-chalant about it I too believe it's not going to be anything very major.  I believe all of the children will just be Ta'veeran (sp?) sorry i don't read the books, i listen to them so my spelling is going to suck for a while till i get more into these forums. :-\

Archived