DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Wheel of Time computer game

akaliel

and here I thought this thread would be aout the WoT PC game they already made

Oh so long ago.  I remember playing that game.  All the drama that went on with the guilds/teams and everything, it seemed so big.  What a great game, I miss it. lol

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sarath, what game do you mean? What PC WoT game had teams and guilds? Do you mean Game of Stones, by chance?

What are the system requirements for Oblivion? I have no clue what you guys were talking about. I thought Morrowind was its own game. In fact, I have it on the old Xbox platform- Elder Scrolls Morrowind...

He's talking about the game of trying to design a game with other people.

You need a decent PC to play Oblivion.  At least 3Ghz CPU, and probably Geforce 6 series or ATI X1000 series, or newer.

And at least 1G RAM, although 2G would be highly recommended.

Morrowind is, fully "The Elder Scrolls III : Morrowind"

Oblivion is, again fully "The Elder Scrolls IV : Oblivion"

It's a sequal ;)

*Starts to get into the whole Morrowind vs Oblivion thing then forces his fingers from the keyboard*

• Community Administrator

So...you've reverse-engineered your Elder Scrolls game somehow and are re-writing it to be WoT-based, or what? This makes even less sense to me now.  ???

Every Elderscrolls game for at least the last 2 sequals, have a mod tool called The Elder Scrolls Construction Set, that allows you to mod, or modify the base game and add new content in it. Meaning you can add new quests, classes, ect. Even new land. AKA A wot Modification of Oblivion..

I finally found my Oblivion Disc..It was in my Halo case   :-\ .

I have it installed on my laptop 1.8 ghz 1 gigs ram.   I ran around Tar Valon for a bit just choping at the bit to install it on my desktop 3 ghz 2 gig rams and start scripting.

Nice World lay out btw. 

Sarath, what game do you mean? What PC WoT game had teams and guilds? Do you mean Game of Stones, by chance?

No Ben, I meant an actual WoT game.  It was a FPS (like UT, Halo, etc) made by Legend Entertainment.  It was WOT so far as based on the books ideas but not the story.  It was different cause it was based, if i remember correctly, before the Breaking.  MoDs were attempted to be made for it (I helped with a two of them for story and art) but nothing ever fully came of them.  Mainly it was to change the system as it played to a mana based system.  It was neat and different and a lot more people played then was expected.

Ooh, Sarath, is it still available anywhere? I read about a game where you play an Aes Sedai who can't really channel, but instead must use ter'angreals as she adventures around Randland. The reviews I read all rated it pretty highly. Is it the same game? At any rate, do you know where such games can be found?

BKVMC-do you mean like WOT MUD? Are you being facetious? There *are* some WoT games out here...free ones, but they aren't like real time graphics, FPS games like Sarath described. There is even a Dragonmount team in one of them, Game of Stones. It used to be a really cool game, but changes were made to enhance it. They were great changes, yet curiously, they killed the fun, instead. An Edsel was created, but it's slowly being...Healed. We'd love to have you on the team if you're interested. The game's pretty simple to play, and there's a forum here on DM for it, even. Here's a link if you'd like to try it out: http://www.gostones.net/gos/index2.php

I'm easy to find, as I use my DM name in-game.  ;)

• Community Administrator

I'm almost done with the al'Thor farm, I'll take some pics when I finish up, and post them

Just an aside, If you want some donation 3d models for Oblivion, just toss me a 2d sketch of what your propsing, some source pictures, and I can help you guys with some of your custom weapons/armor/architecture. :P

(Though, I still haven't worked out the kinks with architecture in Oblivion...

Though, if you can stil find it, I made a mod (not wot related) that had interrior buildings with out any loading times. It worked far better then people thought it would... A town with houses/giant pyramids you could walk into with out 'interrior cells' no loading times, nothing, And It had 60+ fps!) But what I guess i'm trying to say is... I haven't worked out the kinks of using the above system, in oblivion. :P)

BKVMC-do you mean like WOT MUD? Are you being facetious? There *are* some WoT games out here...free ones, but they aren't like real time graphics, FPS games like Sarath described. There is even a Dragonmount team in one of them, Game of Stones. It used to be a really cool game, but changes were made to enhance it. They were great changes, yet curiously, they killed the fun, instead. An Edsel was created, but it's slowly being...Healed. We'd love to have you on the team if you're interested. The game's pretty simple to play, and there's a forum here on DM for it, even. Here's a link if you'd like to try it out: http://www.gostones.net/gos/index2.php

I'm easy to find, as I use my DM name in-game.  ;)

No i mean  a  WOT based  game like  everquest  WOW  LOTR online etc. i  dont know if there would be enough of a player base to  actually  launch a  big  new MMO  might need to  make it into a  movie  series like  LOTR did for it to  launch  but i would play it  :)

The channelers almost need to be NPCs, which takes a lot of the fun out of it. In the first version of GoS I played, channelers sucked. Now, they're premium characters (they cost $5), and they rock, but they can't win gold from non-channelers when they defeat them, they don't get credit for the victory (although they still gain XP for it), and the loss doesn't count against the non-channeler's win/loss % (just a vanity stat, really, but mine's decent :P). In the semi-rare event that a non-channeler defeats a channeler, the win counts, they take gold, etc., so basically, you have two different games going simultaneously: one of channeler vs. channeler, and one of melee vs. ranged fighters, as the three basic classes of warrior, mage and rogue are represented. It works, for the most part.  :)

Ooh, Sarath, is it still available anywhere? I read about a game where you play an Aes Sedai who can't really channel, but instead must use ter'angreals as she adventures around Randland. The reviews I read all rated it pretty highly. Is it the same game? At any rate, do you know where such games can be found?

Unfortunately Ben, if your to find it at EB or Gamestop or whatever, you'd better hope they have it in the bargain bin.  This is going back to 1998-99 that it came out.  I doubt there would be any servers still up for multiplayer stuff.  The game was a blast and there were some neat ideas.

It's still a great game but I should warn anyone thinking of buying it now about one little thing.  The cut-scenes use a version of Quicktime that is very old - so old that new versions of Quicktime are not 100% backward compatible.  The game will install and play on XP and Vista but the cut-scenes will either be sound only or (if you mess around with it for a while) will have a vertical black bar running through the middle of them (that was the best I could do).  It doesn't really take much away from the game though and is worth doing IMHO if you are a WOT fan. 

BTW - Akaliel, have you seen the old WOT game?  Some of the scenes from the old WOT game, especially Shadar Logoth look pretty darn good.  Maybe can give you and your team some ideas for the Oblivion mod. 

Yup, I've played the old WoT game.  Proud to say that what we're doing will be absolutely nothing like that.  I mean, you play an Amyrlin that can't channel?  WTF is up with that?  I don't think the AS would have ever allowed that to happen in the WoT that we know and love.  I did run all the cutscenes, they're just .mov's in a folder on the disk.  Ruined the ending but was neat to see.  I considered stealing the opening cutscene for our mod.  But probably won't.

i  wish someone would make  a WOT  MMORPG  i  would so play that :)

I was thinking this same thing just this weekend. I have never played, but I was looking at the World of Warcraft free trial, and just thought it would be amazing if it was done the same way with the Wheel of Time.

It would not necessarily have to use the specific plot lines of Jordan's series, but use it as a jumping off point.

Choice of serving the Light or Shadow. There would obviously be fewer races; Human or Ogier, unless you get into Aelfinn and Eelfinn. There would be more into the classes though. chose to be of a specific nation (Andor, Cairhein, Seanchan, Tuatha'an, Aiel, etc.). choice of being a channeler (Aes Sedai [all the ajahs], Ashaman, wilder).

There is a world already created and I think would make a great adaptation of it. It will probably never happen though.

Archived