DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Quick question

Stryker7200

I was rereading the chapter in which Rand kills Sammael last night, and I couldn't for the life of me remember if the guy's identity that helped Rand in Shadar Logath was ever revealed.  I'm on a reread right through the series and haven't read the last few books in a while, so I didn't remember this guy helping Rand.  Do any of you know who that was?

I was rereading the chapter in which Rand kills Sammael last night, and I couldn't for the life of me remember if the guy's identity that helped Rand in Shadar Logath was ever revealed.  I'm on a reread right through the series and haven't read the last few books in a while, so I didn't remember this guy helping Rand.  Do any of you know who that was?

I thought it was Demandred. I will have to double check. But I think it was him.

Totally Moridin. The discriptions when you meet him with Mogehiden and again in Shadar Logoth are simliar. Plus he uses the true power which is why Rand can't feel him channeling. And at this point he's taking the "Let the Lord of Chaos rule" orders to heart. Sammael screwed up, so now even the Moridin is helping to make him pay.

No-one seems to of mentioned what i consider to be the most important fact to suggest it was Moridin. LTT knows the forsaken by sight, he can recognise them(definately recognizes Semirhage and im sure he remembers the faces of others in some passage of the books as well). If it was Demandred he would know.

LTT didnt show up till FoH either so thats a reason for him not recognising Asmodean on the trip throught the Aiel waste. To me this suggests that just like LTT not recognising Dashiva he would realise that its Ishamael in his new appearance as Moridin.

No-one seems to of mentioned what i consider to be the most important fact to suggest it was Moridin. LTT knows the forsaken by sight, he can recognise them(definately recognizes Semirhage and im sure he remembers the faces of others in some passage of the books as well). If it was Demandred he would know.

LTT didnt show up till FoH either so thats a reason for him not recognising Asmodean on the trip throught the Aiel waste. To me this suggests that just like LTT not recognising Dashiva he would realise that its Ishamael in his new appearance as Moridin.

Asmodean was using the mask of mirrors, so it didn't matter anyway.

Actually we do know that it was Moridin for sure. In KoD Rand identifies the man he is connected to in his head as being the man from Shadar Logoth, and furthermore realizes that that man must have been using the True Power. By that stage use of the True Power had been restricted to Moridin alone.

Not that the whole physical description and attitude didn't make it certain, just saying... its a fact.

Asmodean was using the mask of mirrors, so it didn't matter anyway.

Based on Rand's shock while Skimming to Rhuidean when he sees Asmodean, he observes that Asmodean did not disguise himself at all. He was shocked to see Jasen Natael was actually Asmodean and used no disguise. Re-read the end of tSR and you'll see.

Archived