DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Elayne and Morgase...

Morgase tried to throw herself out a window after denouncing herself as Queen of Andor...and though Lini saved her, I was never sure if anyone actually heard her say "the irrevocable words".

As Elayne is geared up to be Queen, I'm curious as to what people will think happens when Perrin and Faile find out that one of their maids is really a Queen of Andor, and then what Elayne and her siblings will do once they realize their mother isn't dead...and how Morgase will react to Elayne marrying the Dragon Reborn.

I'm always curious as to the happenings of the royals in the Wheel of Time.

Morgase feels like the perfect regent while Elayne is off making more anoying screaming small things, or, if rand does die, while she´s off at the white tower serving a 352 year penance for that sea folk bargain.

Don´t think Morgase would go back on those words even if noone did hear them thou.

//dyring

I think that Morgase being alive and being treated well by Perrin will be a Key factor in Bringing the while cloaks and the younglings to the Dragaon reborn's Team. It is really the only grudge that they have against him. I'm sure they'd be really ticked if they knew what he and Elayne got into but They would also have to accept him on the fact that he is they're sister's babies father. I don't think that they'd want to kill him after that. They might want him dead but I don't think that they would do it on account of the babies. But Meh, how knows. They are kind of crazy. Esspecally Gawynn.

Nobody actually heard her say the words (or at least nobody let on that they heard) But later in PoD it is certainly is common knowledge is Morgase's group. Leastways Lini and Tallanvor know, whether or not she told them or one heard.

As regards to what the siblings will get up to....maybe Gawyn will stop moaning about his promise not to harm Rand and help him.

As to the effect Morgase being alive might have. I suspect Morgase will actively conceal her continued life for some time. She knows it could unstabalize Elayne's already tenuos control, and she would avoid that at all cost. Later, she need merely make sure they know she abdicated, and since she is unlikely to have any support in any case that will be that.

And no, i dont see her playing any sort of administrative role. That would be potentially disasterous to Elayne's image, and neither woman would allow it.

Once a monarch abdicates, they can't (except under exceptional circumstances) then change their minds. Besides, none of the Andoran nobles would accept her back after the way she treated them all, albeit that she was being Compelled by Rahvin at the time.

She loves her daughter and would not usurp the position she had given her. So, like others, I see her as Queen Mother and granny and wife to Tallanvor, perhaps retiring to an estate in the country...

Sorry if this is a sidebar, but is it shown in the text that Morgase knows that Elayne is trying to pull together Andor / consolidate her power for the throne?  I'm still on my first complete re-read, and can't remember :).

I do think, though, that once Gawyn and Galad know that Morgase is alive BECAUSE of the help of Perrin (Rand's friend), and because of the help of Rand's Asha'man/etc, it will bring them to the Dragon's fold, to help.

Of course shit will really hit the fan when rand goes 'Since you're now pregnant and all elayne dear I feel i have to ask how closely related is your mother to tigraine? It turns out ya see dear that she's my mum so your brother is my brother and im actually a andor noble of purer blood then you are!'

I've spent a while in terror that this is all going to get rather incestial 

Tigraine and Elayne wasent closely related. Just barely related at all tbh.

Rand already asked one of those andoran nobles about it (can´t remember wich it was he asked, one of those going against Elayne after Rand left).

I quite clearly recall all the cousins vs what if they where farmers lines there ;).

//dyring

Yes, Rand and Elayne are not closely related in the genetic sense.

In fact, there's no marriage that Elayne could have made that would strengthen her children's claim to the throne more.  The offsping of Elayne and Rand unite the bloodlines of the two Houses with the most lineal connections to Ishara, and that is how eligibility for the Lion Throne is determined.  So, if Rand's lineage does become known to anyone but himself ... then it would merely strengthen Elayne's position.

I'm pretty sure it was Lord Lir that Rand asked about relations between Tigraine and Elayne. 

As for Morgase, I think she's going to remain hidden with the possible exception of Her kids, and they'll keep the secret as well.  They all want to see Elayne securely on the throne and won't do anything to jeapordize that.

I think Galad is going to join with Rand for the last battle and probably die there doing something foolishly heroic and "right".

Elayne will probably survive the whole thing, because Min saw that her children are going to be born healthy, and with the speed at which Tarmon Gaidon is approaching, I think it's going to happen before her kids are born.  I could be wrong with that.

Gawyn I'm not too sure of.  He's going to be a huge factor in Egwene's story line thought, because she has had many Dreams about him.  I see three possibilites here.  One: He kills Egwene and turns against Rand.  Two: he is bonded by Egwene, joins Rand's team, they both survive and live happily ever after.  Or three: He denies being bonded to Egwene, goes his own way and is killed painfully somewhere alone having screwed up his destiny with Egwene.

There's my take on the fate of Andor's royal line.

Rand spoke to an Andoran noblewoman about the lineage.

Basically...

Taringail Damodred was King of Carhien, and married Tigraine who was Queen of Andor (I think). 

Taringail and Tigraine produced Galad and Rand.

Gitara Moroso had the Fortelling and sent Tigraine and her brother Luc away, and we know that Tigraine became Shaiel who bore Rand through an Aiel husband. 

Taringail married into House Trakand and produced Gawyn and Elayne.

Elayne had a different mother and father than Rand, but is connected to him since Galad shared the same father as Elayne.

I'm pretty sure that's right. 

Yeah he asked Eleniya Sarand(sp?), as for Gawyn, I think KingKastchei has it right.  Min had an If vision about Gawyn.  As for Morgase, if she ever stops trying to hate Tallanvor, she'll marry him and go into retirement.  As for Lini, I hope she learns to chanell and has another 600 years of old sayings

Lady Elenia told Rand about the history of Andor and lineage and he asked the question concerning his relation to Elayne (LoC Chap 26).  They are merely "royal cousins" and their relatives go so far back they wouldn't even be considered related in present WoT time.

Tigraine left Andor over the Spine, was found dying in the Aiel Waste by maidens and gave her her name, Shaiel.  She becomes a maiden of the spear and becomes impregnated by Janduin, who becomes the chief of the Taardad Aiel.  She doesn't return until the Aiel War and gives birth to Rand on dragonmount.  Rand thus becomes the only child of a Maiden to ever come back to the maidens.

Rand is only a half brother to Galad, as he is half Aiel as well.  Not related to Elayne by important.

Just throwing that all out there.

I think Morgase is much to capable of a woman to simply become the "queen mother" or retire to her estates. 

Rand has repeated that he means the sun throne for Elayne, but as we have seen in Andor, she would not accept it from him.  Although she may press her own claim there, once she finishes absorbing Andor.  However, Morgase might have a claim to the sun throne via her marriage to Taringail.  With Dobraine gone, she may have a better claim than anyone. 

Archived