DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite parts\character

goldeneys

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Favorite Character: Always Nynaeve... though everytime I read there is always someone else running a close second and it changes each time. I'm enjoying Mat at the moment.

Favorite Moments (not moment as there are 11 BOOKS! How can I pick one moment out of 11???

- Nynaeve & Lan when she talks of shaming herself by saying too much. I don't know how many time's i've reread that part.

- Nynaeve when she breaks her block

- When Tuon claims Mat as her hubby.. I had been waiting WWWAAAYYYY too long for that moment.

- When Nynaeve sends Lan off to the Boderlands. ((Told you I liked her))

- Egwene, in Novice Whites, refusing to sit on the bench with the pillow. Because not only does she refuse for her principles, but also because someone else was influenced by her enough to try to help her.

- Morraine baiting Lan about his resolve to follow her and her thoughts about his walls and Nynaeve breaking through them.

- Thom teaching the boys to juggle and play flute

- Perrin, about to kill Egwene instead of letting her get visciously torn apart.

- Logain at just about any moment. He always seems to have something interesting to say.

-Nynaeve and her reaction after she heals Logain's gentling.

Ya.. I could go on for a while longer... but I have listed some of the scenes that stand out for me :P

Favorite Character: Mat

Favorite Scene: Toss up between:

In the stone of Tear when Rand realizes that he can't kill the Trollocs fast enough so he creates the lightning and kills them all, then Moraine walks up to him and says "I didn't know that was possible".

or

As previously mentioned when Tuon finally sees Mat for who and what he really is. That is a great scene.

or (Sorry)

When Mat comes to take Egwene, Elayne and Nynaeve from Salidar and finds Egwene wearing the Amyrlin Stole and he yells at them not believing she is the Amyrlin and they try to channel to stop him and their threads dissolve around him. Great scene.

or (sorry again)

When Mat kicks the crap out of Galad and Gawyn in the warder training lot with his bow staff.

• 2 weeks later...

my favourite would be either Rand (predictable) or Min. Having just started reading the books for the 5th time, I've just passed his first meeting with Min - where she sees 3 women standing over his bier. Ironic that one of them's her! Interesting to see how much he's changed, while Mat has changed hardly at all.

You like the scene where you favorite character dissappears from more than half the story?

She killed Lanfear! Even though she's reborn, that's a great victory for the Light. I'd certainly sacrifice myself if I every had the chance to kill one of the Forsaken.

Favorite character: Mat(one of the main reasons being his weapons of choice=sweet!(the throwing daggers and ashandarei))

Favorite scene: when Mat completely decimates the gang of thugs who come at Tuon as they(Selucia, thom, mat, and tuon) are leaving the "hell", and then Tuon does the whole throat crushing bit with the woman. Also tied for fav. scene is Nyneave reviving the Golden Crane.

Mat!

At Mat's first scene I figured him to be the comic relief for the story and resolved to watch him with interest, expecting him to be my favourite character. By halfway through TGH I wanted to throw him in a lake. Materialistic, greedy, selfish, friend-abandoner! He was redeemed somewhat by kicking booty in Falme and blowing the horn. When he was healed of the dagger's influence in TDR and his true character emerged (or maybe it was just that he was away from Rand and all that awkwardness), I had to admit that he was good to read. In the scene when he confronts Gaebril's assassin in that tavern in Tear (my fav scene, to answer the other question), I was finally hooked. Perrin gained some ground on him in TSR (THE Perrin book, IMHO) but that was just such a defining book for both of them. Sheer awesomeness. Perrin has always been one of my secondary or tertiary favourites.

Close behind Mat is Nyneave. Those two are easily the most quotable in the series. My other fav scene is Nyn vs Mog in Tarabon.

After that, Perrin Goldeneyes, Min, Logain, Moiraine (the way she just flips out and kills Forsaken is so cute), Egwene (when she was 'content with her situation' in KoD I could just see Alviarin frothing at the mouth, but I preffered her with the Wise Ones), and Thom (he kills Galldrian to avenge his girlfriend, thereby plunging Cairhien into civil war. This is book two. He and Moiraine were destined for each other), LTT (our favourite disembodied voice). Oh, and Olver, Nerim, Bayle, Egeanin, Juilin, Aludra... (why does Mat's entourage have the highest concentration of cool secondary characters) and finally Tuon, whose particular brand of psychological warfare I quite admire. And that's just the good guys. Lanfear, anyone? How cool was she? And poor Asmo. And Graendal-the-awesome-yet-underused, and Where-the-hell-is-Demandred. Then there's the neutrals, like Pevara and her crazy radical red friends. I could just go on. That's why I usually stop at Mat and Nyn. *boogie*

Guest Froix

Favorite character: Mat

Favorite scene: When Mat beat the crop out of Galad and Gawyn in the practice yard.

Favorite Character of course is Nyneave, however; always a close second is Egwene.

Favorite scenes so far:

Saidin cleansing

Reestablishment of the Golden Crane.

Egwene finally realizing what embracing the pain meant.

But my ALL TIME favorite was probably when Egwene showed her strength of character by going to the Wise One's and asking them to punish her for her lying about being Aes Sedai. She faced it like a champ, and gained MUCH respect in the eye's of the Wise Ones. And Amys refusing to beat her because of that respect was a great topper to the whole scene.

Favorite character - The Prince of Ravens, the Son of Battles, the Trickster, the most developed character in the series... Matrim Cauthon.

Favorite scene - when Nynaeve revives the Golden Crane. Gave me goosebumps and brought a tear to my eye. But there are TONS of runners up.

Seems like Mat is an overwelming favorite, mine too! :)

Favorite scene... i had to think about this. While many of those mentioned were great as well... (heck there all favorites) mine that would top the list is when Perrin and Faile get reunited with her Parents. Daddy says you must be gentle and soft cause shes delicate. mommy says you have to be strong and know when to lead her.

hehe it was halarious when she said (something to the effect)

"When he grabbed me by the neck and showed me whats what it was Glorious! "

hehe

Favorite character: Mat (Gambler, Lover and General... he's got it all)

Favorite scenes:

The final defense of the Two Rivers. (This really should include all that lead up to the final battle.)

When Nynaeve finally breaks her block. (brought a tear to my eye)

When Mat takes command of the Tairen and Cairhienin armies in FoH.

When Nynaeve defeats Moghedien. (the first time)

Mat's second trip through the red twisted ter'angriel doorway.

I'll stop there...

I think you listed everyone but Rand.

and Sevanna, and Tam, and Abel, Ingtar, and Rhuarc, and the Dark One, and Shaidar Haran, and Padan Fain, and Bayle's aged grandmother, and Lanfear, and Moridin, and George Washington (oops, how did he get in there), and Thera, not even Elayne or Faile. Also unlisted are Meric (I think thats what Faile's broless friend was called), Liandrin, Joiya, Rianna, Berelain, Harina, Christine, Jaichim Carradin, Falion, Ispan, and Ishamael. A few more are Pedron Nial, Galad and Gawyn Trakand, Elder Haman, Loial's mother, Erith, Isam/Luc/Slayer, Etheniella (or however it's spelled), al'Akir (Lans papa), Siuan Sanche, not Even Elaida or Loial.

hehehe that enough for you???

*gasps*

I forgot about Tsutama Rath, Aeldene Stonebridge, Kairen Stang, Rafela Cindal, Adelorna Bastine, Narenwin Barda, Jesse Bilal, Kumira, Ferane Neheran, Sarene Nemdahl, Andaya Forae. And Elza Penfell, Yukiri, Alviarin Freidhen, Myrelle Berengari, Silviana Brehon, I even forgot Verin. Even worse, I forgot Morgase, Souran Maravaile, Ishara, Tallanvor, Mazrim Taim, and Artur Hawkwing. I also forgot about Guaire Amalasan, Gorin Rogad, Raolin Darksbane, Yurian Stonebow, and worst of all, Davian.

hehehe

• 1 month later...

I think Mat is my favorite. Rand is great when using saidin and Perrin is cool with the wolves, but Mat is pretty funny.

Favorite scene? Whenever Mat's implanted memories crash down on him. Examples: Making the bargain w/ the Sea Folk in Ebou Dar (daughter of the sands/blademaster w/ blades bared) or when he talked with Birgitte at length in the Old Tongue. When he diced with a darkfriend in Tear that was tracking Egwene, Elayne, & Nynaeve. The dude had weighted dice and when Mat threw them his luck/taveren made him feel like it lurched and the dice landed better than designed for. I guess stuff when you see his luck or taveren kicking in since it happens more with Mat, or we see it happen more.

My favorite character is most definately Mat. IMO, he is the most dynamic character in the books, and still seems to be maturing.

I can't pick just one scene, but I always love when Mat's not paying attention and gets himself into trouble b/c of it (ie-having entire conversations in the Old Tongue and not realizing it until the end, going on and on about battle tactics, the trouble he gets into w/ his stereotypes of women, how Tylin traps him time and again...I could go on, but I'll stop here).

Archived