DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Favorite parts\character

goldeneys

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cadsuane

Cadsuane and Mat are my favorite characters. I love Cadsuane because she treats whiny, self-aborbed, self-pitying Rand and the obnoxious, obsequious Aes Sedai that follow her around EXACTLY how they need to be treated, and she doesn't give a rat's a$$ about what other people think of her for it. Swift kick in the rear, anyone? Get out her big black boots; granny's gonna give it to ya! 8)

And Mat, well, you all know why Mat is great. :D

My favorite parts are pretty much any involving Mat and Tuon. I also liked Golden Crane and the Cleansing. Although, what I liked about the Cleansing was not Rand and Nyn, so much as all the other characters that protect them, as well as the darkies that come out to attack. Much more intersting than two people sitting in a near trance. :wink:

My favorite character is Perrin, but I think he's been hard done by lately. I like the fact that he can be the most menacing, frightening of the three, but at the same time, his humanity is so evident.

Rand is trapped in this annoying, I can't show my feelings deal.

Mat, while quickly gaining ground, still strikes me as a bumbling fool at times. He mishandles half the people he meets and it's only his luck that balances his antics. Still, I guess that's what I like about him.

Favorite next to Perrin for me is Moiraine of course. Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder, but heck, even in the short time she has spent in the novels comparitively, there is no doubt...She is a bad BAD mama. A legend.

Favorite parts? geez..so many.

I''ll give you ten just to keep it short...well short-er.

10. Moiraine's first show of strength in Eye of the World, when she made the ground shake apart and buried the trollocs pursuing them to Shadar Logoth. That was the first time we got to see an Aes Sedai's worth, yet at the same time, it showed us the limitations of that power.

9. Elayne and Aviendha unravelling the Gateway. I just liked the desperation and how it illustrated the two characters bonding in such a way that one wouldn't let the other die alone. Birgitte was in it too to come save them so that's a plus as well.

8. Rhuidean and the history of the Aiel. Wonderful.

7. The Cleansing. So many moving pieces, so textured and complex. It was truly epic.

6. Underrated I think is when the boys meet Mordeth. It was the first time where I was reading and felt a jolt of terror from the books. When they realized that Mordeth didn't have a shadow...that dull almost innocent realzation, just perfect. Somehow it was even scarrier than the fade on the road, Baalzamon and all the trollocs. Moiraine's explanation of the history of Arhidol just added that extra bit of creepiness to send it over the edge.

5. Meetings at the Eye- From The death of the Green Man to Moiraine's desperate attempt to slow Aginor down, it was a great climax to set the series alight. Rand taking on Tarwin's Gap...EPIC.

4. Perrin's Emonds Field campaign. The characters, Perrin's growth as a leader. superb.

3. Weep for Manetheren. When Moiraine tells the brief tale, you felt as mezmerized as the Emonds Field folk did. It's when you realize the scope of the books for the first time.

2. I'll go with the concensus and put Dumai's Wells here. The carnage.

1. The most crucial turn in the books to me was the showdown at the docks. Lanfear with a face cold as ice flinging Kadere's skin aside to drift in the air sickeningly, like a bloody flag. The fire of the wagons in the background. Lanfear overpowering everyone including Egwene and Aviendha, Lan, hundreds of Aiel warriors and Rand himself. Moiraine's sacrifice and the chain of events that resulted from this moment. There's no denying, this was the most memorable incident in the series. hence, it is my top pick for favorite parts.

Archived