DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What are you watching?

Emperor

I just watched "The Science of Sleep", it's by Michael Gondry (the same guy who did Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind)  It's a really strange movie.. But I really liked it.  I've seen that it gets mixed reviews which is understandable because the movie is really difficult to follow.  You (and the main character) never really know when he's dreaming and when he isn't.

Right now I'm trying to decide between watching two tv shows that were lent to me.

Weeds and Rome.

Any suggestions?

• Replies 980
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just got finished watching most of the USA marathon of "Burn Notice".  It was an entertaining show though it is seems alot like a new age A-Team, except people die, and they do run out of bullets and not quite everything blows up.  Overall it's a very enjoyable show, with a decent running story line with good episode stroylines.  I'd recommend giving it a looksie.

spotless mind is i think the wirdest movie ever made.  if thats what its like to be on a drug trip, them im glad i never did drugs. still i liked it. one of the few (i think 3) jim carry movies i relly liked (the others being truman show, the best one he ever did, and bruce almighty)

soyboy i relly like burn notice too. not quite as good as csi but still pretty good.

anyone see that show on spike about the bank robbers? i cant remember what it was called but it was relly good

• Community Administrator

spotless mind is i think the wirdest movie ever made.  if thats what its like to be on a drug trip, them im glad i never did drugs. still i liked it. one of the few (i think 3) jim carry movies i relly liked (the others being truman show, the best one he ever did, and bruce almighty)

soyboy i relly like burn notice too. not quite as good as csi but still pretty good.

anyone see that show on spike about the bank robbers? i cant remember what it was called but it was relly good

The Killing Point?

I missed to many episodes of burn notice to get into it, I'm sure I'll regret it.

I just watched Stardust. I know it's in the theaters and not home viewing, but... meh.

I really enjoyed it. It was just a lovely little fairy tale, complete with wicked witches, pirates, imprisoned princesses, and undiscovered royal heritage. Only thing missing was a dragon, and it doesn't really need it. Claire Danes is charming, Catwoman is deliciously wicked, and Dustin Hoffman is quite amusing as the "whoopsie" sky pirate. I particularly enjoyed the dead brothers as audience. I recommend it for folks who like Harry Potter or other similar sorts of generally light, fun fantasy.

I'm about to watch Highlander: The Source, the latest of the highlander movies, went direct to dvd? In ameirca. I'm pumped to watch this, as from what i've heard, its story is focused more on the end of the highlander tv series, and lessa bout the movies. So less of 'the one' and more about the mcloud guy. :P

I'll tell you what I thought of it after I finished watching it.

"Mind you, the review will be based on how it rates compared to the other movies, not as a movie in general." :P

Okay I just finished watching Highlander: The Source.

Mini Review:

When you watch this, don't expect highlander 1,2,3 or even end game.

When you watch this, expect a rought continuation of the tv series, you don't see connor mccloud, nor any of the other 'highlander' film stars. Expect the cast of the series, Joe, Mythos, and that crazy catholic guy named Giovanni, and of course Duncan and his new wife Anna. It is a relateively low budget film, so don't expect great chorography, or stunning graphics, let alone a great dialogue. :P

But as far highlander films, this is vastly different. There isn't a 'big baddie who pops up who continually kicks the guys butt then at the end the hereo sucks it up and decapitates him." This doesn't follow the orginal formula. So in that regard as a highlander film, its not that great.

HOWEVER plot wise It is probably one of the best highlanders yet.

The plot is realtively simple.

It takes place a few years or months? After the series, the worlds gone to hell, but not quite as gone as in the 2nd or 3rd highlander movie. Mythos, Giovanni, and some other immortal guy named Weller, have noticed something strange, the planets in the solar system are aligning, not just that, planets and stars through out the galaxy are alligning. This leeds them to one conclusion! Obviously its has to do with the Source! The source? Its the 'holy grail' for the immortals, It is supposed to hold great power for immortals, its a mythical concept, that many have sought and none have gotten.

At about the same time the 'guardian' of the source has awakened after one of mytho's and companies lackie immortals stumbled upon a monastary that holds info on it. The guardian is not like other immortals, he moves at lightning speeds, pretty damned strong, and um.. a first for the highlander series. He decapitates an immortal with his bare hands!

Anyways things happen and duncan is thrust into the quest for the source, something he didn't belive existed. To top it off his wife anna (who left him since they couldn't have children "dun dun dun".) returns because the source is calling her. So obviously the 4 immortals, Mythos, Giovanni, Weller, and Duncan team up with anna to hunt this down and see just what its about, and perhaps, 'save the world'.

Going to point A to Point B, the movie is rather dull, but the ending is rather great, considering the lore of the Highlander series. Lets just say, that the ending is most definately unique of all the highlander films, and is worth a watch for the 'conclusion' to the tv series.

Before I forget, they also say that the movie is about Duncans search to find out Why he is an immortal, and He does gain the ONE thing no other immortal has ever had, and its NOT the thing your thinking of. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Apocolypto:

I watched this movie ALMOST to the end... but then it got overly violent and I just lost interest.  I wasn't grealy impressed with the movie... then again most people were not either.  It is worth a watch but just know you will see lots of violence. 

I'm about to watch Highlander: The Source, the latest of the highlander movies, went direct to dvd? In ameirca. I'm pumped to watch this, as from what i've heard, its story is focused more on the end of the highlander tv series, and lessa bout the movies. So less of 'the one' and more about the mcloud guy. :P

"Mind you, the review will be based on how it rates compared to the other movies, not as a movie in general." :P

It is on Sci Fi channel as a "Sci Fi Original".  I recorded it but I haven't watched it yet.  If it is highly edited I might just wait and get the DVD when it hits the 5 dollar bin.  I have the rest of the movies and season 1 of the series on DVD, so it is pretty safe to bet I will get it eventually.

It is on Sci Fi channel as a "Sci Fi Original".  I recorded it but I haven't watched it yet.  If it is highly edited I might just wait and get the DVD when it hits the 5 dollar bin.  I have the rest of the movies and season 1 of the series on DVD, so it is pretty safe to bet I will get it eventually.

It may have been edited for langauge? But I don't think it contained anything much that would have warrented a major scene cut. :P

Snakes On a Plane - So, this wasn't quite bad enough to be good. Mostly, it was just bad. Watching people die of snakebites was entertaining enough, even when it was totally ludicrous (dead center bare nipple snakebite made me laugh in the "I can't believe they really just did that" way). The plot was bad-ridiculous, the acting wasn't much better, despite my fondness for Sam L. I wouldn't pay money to see this again, and I even vaguely regret using one of my Netflix discs for it. Meh.

Tristan and Isolde - This is basically a mediocre romantic drama that crosses Romeo & Juliet with your standard Arthur/Guinevere/Lancelot love triangle. It was ok on a random Saturday afternoon, but I would recommend pretty much any previous version of either of those two stories before this combo. James Franco, who is usually pretty good looking, doesn't look that great, so that draw doesn't apply.

the story of Tristan and Isolde is actualy relly old. im not certin but it may even predate aurthr, thought not by much. i do agree thoguht that as a movie it was one of those where i was screeming inside my head "you were so close to making an awsome movie and just couldent do it aaagagagggggggg!!!!!"

just saw cold mountain for the first tim elast night.  was kind of intresting.  dont know if i liked it or not. im still trying to decide.

man of the house.  as a big tommy lee fan i was exspecting this movie to be a little more funny then it was.  he was good and the chearleaders were expectedly hot and dumb, but other then that it wasent all that great a movie.  the kind of movie i would watch only if it was the only movie on tv

Archived