DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Movie casting... your opinion?

nashdude

Jonathan Rhys Meyers is too short but is the only person I can see as Rand.  He'd be perfect--and his acting ability is superb (in my opinion).

Most others--I don't know--I kind of want unknowns.  Sad as it is (and although I love Buffy) Michelle Tratchenberg (too lazy to look up spelling) drives me insane and I don't think she'd be able to pull of the part of Egwene--same with Anne Hathaway. 

Heath Ledger would have been good at most any part.  Sad day.

*edit*  OOH what about Rebecca De Mornay for Morgase?  Maybe she's a little old...but gorgeous.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way to do this CG. If a voice actor passes away or leaves it is not too hard to match another voice, plus you can have one voice actor do many parts. It's nice and fun pick out famous actors, but it would never work, the budget would be off the charts, millions and millions of dollars, just for the salaries alone. If you did a yearly movie or tv series you would have to start out with actors in the mid to late teens who be late 20's to 30ish years old if not more by the end. With CG you  stand more of a chance to have a story told more true to the book, than getting some director who has their vision(see LOTR). Most of a live action movie would have to have CG anyway, so might as well go all the way. 

So I vote for CG and all ready established voice actors.   

Oh, btw, I would have Julia Roberts as Bela, since we are fantasing.

I have seen many of you pick

Perrin- Stanislav Ianevski

I have seen him in a couple of things but I haven't heard him attempt him to speak with out his native bulgarian accent. He would need alot of vocial coaching to be able to drop it and speak like a southern farm boy, which is how Perrin should sound.

[glow=green,1,500]Darth_Andrea[/glow]           starwars1.gif   

This could indeed be a problem. Im not sure if he can talk without the accent or not. He has looked the most like Perrin to me so far. Perrin is probably the hardest character to fill, not many young actors that have that kind of mass.

BTW... I've been meaning to ask... What actress did you use as the model for your avatar? She's hot! :D

(PS... NOT hitting on you in any way. I just think she looks familiar ;D)

That's Emmy Rossum she costared in The Day After Tomorrow, and has the role of Bulma in the upcomming live action Dragonball movie, You can see a good amount of material about the Dragonball movie posted by me at one of my other haunts Here www.Darkmark.com.

And I don't mind being hit on, I find it cute, I'm taken already, but it's still cute.

[glow=green,1,500]Darth_Andrea[/glow]          starwars1.gif

Daniel Day Lewis could be Gareth Byrne or Lan

Milla Jovovich has the beauty and intensity needed for Avienda...Messenger Ultraviolet, Resident Evil, Fifth Element...If she is too old have have her play Lanfear or Elaida  VM._CR81,0,323,323_SS100_.jpg

VM._CR53,0,378,378_SS100_.jpg

VM._CR63,0,273,273_SS100_.jpg

VM._CR0,0,450,450_SS100_.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000170/mediaindex

If he wasn't so old then Thom could be played by Willie Nelson, LOL

Maybe you could make sting look a little older to play tom, but he is probably too pretty

Johnny Dep as Taim

Most of a live action movie would have to have CG anyway, so might as well go all the way. 

Has anyone seen Beowulf? See attachments beowulf and oldbeowulf for pictures of the character, and raywinstone for a picture of the actor.

"So a 5'10" slightly plump actor can play a 6'7" Viking with a six pack." (paraphrased ray winstone)

I think WOT could be done very well with current technology; and the actors that we think could pull off the performance, but don't have the right look of the character, could still play it.

• 7 months later...

yeah heath ledger would have been awesome as any one but i reckon hed be awesome as a forsaken.

but i reckon Cary Elwes would be awesome as Mat, men in tights - robin hood is Mat.

How about Micheal Gambon as Thom and Snape from the Hp movies as mordin (only good actor in the movies)

Christain Bale could play Lan on the sole condition that he never used his "scary" batman voice ever again.

These never get old in my opinion. To answer the original question, i think Tyler Mane is a bit big to play Lan, who i believe is supposed to be around 6'4" or 6'5". I have Tyler as one of the Aiel Chiefs.

Here is my list so far:

The Main Characters

Rand - Jared Padalecki

Mat - Jonus Armstrong

Perrin - Garrett Hedlund (not perfect but if he beefs up to Friday Night Lights size or bigger he fits ok)

Egwene - Emma Roberts (perfect fit)

Nynaeve - Natalie Portman (perfect fit)

Moraine - Andrea Corr (not sure if she can act but looks perfect)

Lan - Kevin Sorbo

Thom - Hugh Laurie (personnal Favorite)

Min – Ellen Page (She is perfect for Min)

Elayne - Katie Cassidy

Avienda - Amanda Righetti

The Trakands

Morgase - Kate Winslet

Gwayne - Chase Crawford

Galad – Ben Barnes

Two Rivers Folks

Tam – Michael Chiklis

Abell – James Woods

Haral - ??

Alsbet - Robin Coleman

Bran - ??

Marin - ??

Bode – Anna Popplewell

Other goodies

Faile - Noureen Dewolf

Berelien - Minka Kelly

Aram – Hayden Christianson

Julian - Mekhi Phifer

Domon - James Gandopfini

Egeanin - Yancy Butler

Tuon - Lauren London

Bashere - Harvey Keitel

Noal- Michael Caine

Logain - Tom Welling

Birgitte - Ali Larder

Elyas - Tommy Lee Jones

Tylin - Demi Moore (perfect i think, plus she already knows how to tell much younger men what to do)

Alliandre – Liv Tyler

Gareth Bythe - Sean Connory (who else?)

Olver - Brent or Shane Kinsman

Aes Sedai (how will they pull off the ageless thing?)

Siuan - Zooey Deschanel

Leane - Katherine Heigl

(for these two i would have makeup make them a little older and ageless for pre stilling, then normal for post)

Alanna - Navi Rawat

Verin -

Elaida - Claire Forlani

Casuane - Helen Mirren

Valdene/Adeleas - Jayne Atkinson

Sheriam - Gale O'Grady (with some red hair dye)

Lelaine –

Anaiya - Kali Rocha

Romanda - Kiane Keaton

Alviarin - Kathryn Morris

Galina – Dru Berrymore

Aiel (choices based on all Aiel being really tall, I think Rand is a slightly below average height for a male aiel)

Rhuarc - Liam Neeson (he is a bit old but better then what i had before)

Gaul - Daniel Cudmore

Chiad - Bryce Dallas Howard

Bain - Laura Prepon

Amys - Heather Graham

Melaine – Famke Janssen

Sorilea - Annie Lennox (again i dont know if she can act but looks great)

Sulin - Lisa Ryder

Sevanna - Leelee Sobieski

Therava - Allson Janney

Bael - Robert Maillett (about 7' tall)

Braun - Sid Eudy (Psyco Sid/Sid Vicious for you wrestling fans)

Couladin -

The bad guys/girls

Taim - Cole Hauser

Fain - Steve Buscemi (too tall but i like him for this part, he does crazy well)

Moghedien - Joely Fisher

Sammael- Sean Bean

Ishamael – Julian McMahon

Moridin - James Lafferty

Demandred -

Graendal- Rose McGowan

Mesaana - Courtney Cox

Semirhage - Aisha Tyler

Asmodean – Jonathan Rhys Meyers

Aran'gar - Megan Fox

Osangar - Adrien Brody

Lanfear - Kate Beckinsale (one of the most beautiful women on the planet)

Cyndane - Kristen bell

Belal - ? we dont see him much

Rahvin - Dwayne Johnson (discribed as bigger then Rand and dark skinned)

Aginor - we dont see him but for like 5 minutes so it doesnt matter much

Balthamel - see Aginor, plus he wears a mask

Shaidar Haran - not sure how to do the Super Fade

Slayer – Jason Isaacs

Gholam - ??

Guest Dreadlord

For Rand, the guy who plays Sean Slater in Eastenders. Trust me, he even acted out going crazy for abit and all I could see was Rand

This is the type of movie that would be PERFECT for Cate Blanchett, but there are three roles which could suit her.  Which would be best?  Would she be better as

Moiraine? (That cool, calm, ageless Aes Sedai-ness that Blanchett naturally has)

Siuan? (Sort of like Galadriel from LOTR)

Elaida? (Blanchett could bring such depth to this role it's not even funny)

None of the above?  Just a thought - Cate Blanchett would be good as any one of the three IMO.

Also, I like the idea of Harrison Ford as Thom, but I think he would be good as Tam, also (since Tam is a more major role in EotW than in the later books).

I think the role of Rand al'Thor is an excellent building role - don't put a famous actor in it.  Get some unknown guy who shows great potential (like Andrew Adamson did in Narnia and like George Lucas did in the original Star Wars movie.)  This is a great opportunity for a director to build a great star, and the potential for an all-star supporting cast could improve that even further.

But then, tbh, if (and they probably will never do so) they make a movie, it'd be smartest to choose three brand new actors, never before heard of to play the three main roles (Rand, Mat, Perrin). The three leading ladies might very well have to be brand new, as well.(this was copied and pasted from an earlier post) But I agree, I think all the characters would have to be unknowns, 1 to keep the movie affordable and 2 anyone already known well will give preconceived notions of their ability.

However, casting Moraine and maybe Lan with a big box office draw could'nt hurt.

• 8 months later...

I know this topic has been dead for a while, but I've been rereading the books and casting keeps on popping in my mind, and I just really needed to share, haha.

For Moiraine, I think Mary Louise Parker looks the part perfectly and she's a fantastic actress.

Emmy Rossum for Egwene.

Amanda Setton for Faile (She plays Penelope on 'Gossip Girl' and has the bold nose and tilted eyes which are basically the dominant descriptors of Faile. And I know a lot of people imagine her as Asian, but with a name like Zarene Bashere, it seems to me she's really quite derivative of the Middle East).

Freddie Stroma for Gawyn. I just saw Harry Potter and just really want to see him something else now, haha.

Liam Neeson for Lan. For some reason, that's how I've always imagined. Lord knows why.

I officially have too much time on my hands.

Archived