DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

No one here is a nerd....

Emperor

And if you happen to ever be called one... please take a deep breath and don't freak out.  "Empy, what are you talking about!"  Check out this news article....

http://www.boingboing.net/2007/07/27/guy_who_lost_online_.html

Guy who lost online trollfight drives 1300 miles, burns dude's trailer

A dude on the internet referred to Navy Fire Controlman 2nd Class Petty Officer Russell Tavares as "a nerd" in an online trollfight. In one of the more dramatic tales of internet rage we've seen lately, the 27-year-old Tavares, who believed himself to not be a nerd, hopped in his car and sped off 1,300 miles from Virginia to Texas, where the name-caller lived.

Tavares photographed road snapshots along his route, and posted the images online, as if to prove to his internet peers that he was not a luzer. When he got to there, he burned the dude's trailer down. Tavares has been sentenced to 7 years in prison for arson. Snip:

The feud started when Anderson, who runs a haunted house near Waco, joined a picture-sharing Web site and posted his artwork and political views. After he blocked some people from his page because of insults and foul language, they retaliated by making obscene digitally altered pictures of him, he said.

Anderson, who went by the screen name "Johnny Darkness," traded barbs with Tavares, aka "PyroDice." Investigators say Tavares boiled over when Anderson called him a nerd and posted a digitally altered photo making Tavares look like a skinny boy in high-water pants, holding a gun and a laptop under a "Revenge of the Nerds" sign.

Tavares obtained Anderson's real name and hometown from Anderson's Web page about his Museum of Horrors Haunted House.

• Community Administrator

The irony? After going through so much work, and driving, and setting of fires, The guy ironically, proved himself to be a nerd more then the guys photo-shopped pictures did. >_>

You know what?!?!  I'm a nerd and proud of it....

Wait, I'm NOT a nerd and how dare I call myself a nerd!

I am too a nerd!

Nu-uh.

Yeah-huh!  Watch I'll drive home and burn my own trailer down and THEN you'll see!!!

I wouldn't dare.

Oh, yes I would!  *hops in my car*

[/insanity]

No to Ota-kon though I've been dying to go for years I can't afford to travel for justsomethign like that atm (poor college student /sigh)

As to MGS is that its name? if so I haven't heard of it

it that an accronym then I can't think of what it stands for. Closest I have Is Metal Suit Gundam or Mahou Sensei Neigima

Metal Gear Solid.  There was a mecha obsessed scientist who went by the nickname Otacon or Otakon, something like that.  Shame about the con business, if I get to make the road trip next year, I will let you know.  Its a kick in the pants.  Are you a manga or anime Otaku?  If so lets trade notes.

oh! Metel gear solid!

yeah I never became a hardcore fan of that. My cousin played the 2nd game up till you meet the lady that has the bullets dodge her and thats about all i've ever seen.

I'm a major Manga otaku but I started out as an anime fan (never really became an otaku for anime, I'm a big fan but not an otaku)

Vem, have you seen "Death Note"?

I own all 12 volumes and both the live actions movies^^

and before the 12 volumes were out in America I had already read and *LOVED* it online^^

actually...thinking back on it I made a joke about "I feel like L" in the Seanchan murderer game we played and BenT said 'Your more of a Misa Misa" and I got mad XD

Over all Death Note is my 3rd favorite manga^^. Full metal alchemist taking first place^^

Archived