Favorite Actor Versus Tournament Round 1

Emperor

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Community Administrator

I think I am going with Tom here. 

We have

Top Gun/Risky Business/MI/Collateral/Jerry Maguire/Few Good Men/Rain Man/Legend/Color of Money/Magnolia

vs.

Mad Max/Lethal Weapon/Braveheart/

I think Braveheart is a great movie... but Tom makes better all around movies.

The count (it's a close one):

Tom:4

Mel:5

You also forgot,

Lethal weapon 2

Lethal Weapon 3

Lethal Weapon 4

Hamlet

Payback.

:P

Pitt has made some pretty good movies and he's definately one of the better actors of his generation, but he doesn't hold a candle to Hanks.

Big, Forest Gump, Philidelphia, Apollo 13, Castaway, Saving Private Ryan, Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, Dragnet, Joe vs the Volcano, Splash.

I could go on and on listing great movies he did (though some were pretty campy back during his comedy days)

Oh and in case it isn't too clear (don't know how that could be though) Tom Hanks get's my vote.

Dammit, too late to vote for Brad. There's something with Hanks that makes me twitch and wanting to punch him in the face...

Pacino vs Nicholson though...Emp, how can you be so cruel? Two amazing guys, it almost hurts to have to chose, but...Pacino is the greater, though a mouse could starve on the difference.

This was tough, but the other options were tough as well.

Let's see...

Jack has 11 Oscar nods and 3 Golden Statues

Al has 8 Oscar nods and 1 Statue

Jack - As Good As It Gets, Batman, One Flew Over the Cuckoos nest, Chinatown, A Few Good Men, About Schmidt, The Departed, The Shining, Easy Rider

Al - Godfather 1, 2, 3, Heat, Scarface, Dog Day Afternoon, Serpico, Scent of a Woman

I think I have to go with Jack.  [glow=red,2,300]Jack[/glow] has a greater range for as an actor.

Tally

Jack: 4

Al: 3

Archived