DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Names

Hey BC...we did this thread in the debates a long time ago togther..*grins* curious fella arn't ya?

Twinflower is the English translation of my real life name, a Swedish flower....my grandpa named me. And here at DM it was shortened to twinnie almost immediatly, and then someone changed it to Twinnieflower...*grins* but mostly just Twinnie....

Guest Footman

When I found this little group, I thought I would like to join that. I knew I wanted the Infantry right off the bat and needed a name that was of a lowly soldier, and grunt just didn't do it for me. Foot soldier wasn't the right one either, but Footman seemed to fit. I'm a footman in the ranks of The Band.

Well, mine is rather old and is actually a nick name of a nick name now. Some think it is interesting, while others think it is pretentious...to me, it is just the way it happened.

When I first got "online" in 1984 (+/-1 year) I picked the handle of Space Cowboy. This came from my fondness of the song The Joker by the Steve Miller band. (" Some people call me the Space Cowboy, yeah some call me the Gangster of Love, Some people call me Maurice ...")

I have been online in some way or another ever since then. I have made numerous friends online, and like any other full name Space Cowboy ended up getting truncated to Spacey.

I have friends now that only call me Spacey to this day...in fact my best friend, whom I have know for coming up on 15 years, still calls me Spacey. It is truly a case where life imitated fiction.

Ah yes, how I came across my name......well, I was watching the Chamber of Secrets (Harry Potter movie) with French subtitles and there's a part in there (where the whomping whillow attacks the flying car) where Harry continously says, "I don't know." Well, the phrase "I don't know" in French is "Je nais sais pas." As you can see, I dropped the pas and used a unique spelling based of what was already there to get Jeannaisais.....so, literally speaking, my name means "I don't know." lol! Although....in RL, my name is a lot of different than that! But my middle name is sort of not really close, lol! Oh, and since many just call me Jea....the literal translation of that is "I"....now thats kinda funny....at least I think so.....yep, thats the story of how I got this username. There is another username I used based on the theme of my room though, but for here I wanted something with more character. Jeannaisais worked out pretty well....and I'd like to use it as a girls name for one of my kids someday (God willing I have a girl!).

Guest Cadsuane

Ohhhh, you mean like "Je ne sais [pas]"? I always thought it was an offshoot of "genesis," but your real name was Jean or smth, so you spelled it differently to encorporate that... :lol:

Well, Corki is my RL nickname. I acquired it around 8 years ago, while in primary school. Ever since then, wherever I have gone, it seems to have followed me! Basically, people couldn't be bothered pronouncing my surname (it is Irish, and for some reason, people struggle), so they shortened it to something they could actually say! Even teachers have called me by my nickname, or variations on it (Corks, Corkers etc). One of my friends back in my last school didn't know what my real name was - just my nickname! So, after being friends for 4 years, he finally asked me! Scary!

Vorkia is my alter ego. For as long as I can remember I have always used it. I use to have reaccuring dreams as a child where I would spit out gibberish, almost like a foreiegn languange, this was one of them. It was also what I was called in the dreams. Kinda strange I know, but its something I incorporated in my writing (I keep a dream log) and it took on like wild fire with my friends. When I would get in certain moods they would always blame it on Vorkia and would start calling me that when it would happen as if was no longer myself, but this other person from my dreams. Finally it got to the point where that was all my friends would call me.

I like it, it has a nice exotic sound to it when said (as long as its pronounced correctly) and it later became the name I would always use when RPGing. Also growing up in Vegas, it was useful to have a name other than your own to give the tourist when out on the town. Don't forget--What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas. :wink:

Guest Estel

Estel is actually from LotR, and it's Aragorn's name when he lived in Imladris/Rivendell. I loved the name as soon as I heard it and I use it as my screen name for most places.

Guest Cadsuane

I'm Cadsuane because, well, she's just the most kick-ass Aes Sedai ever. No nonsense, tough as nails, willing to spank whiny, self-centered people until they come to their senses! 8)

Guest Cadsuane

Lol, well, are you whiny and self-centered? Because if so, you may get a spanking... :lol:

But you seem all right to me, so I think we'll get on just fine... :wink:

Archived