DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

I had lunch with Nemo (eat your heart out!)

U4ea

Ya my bro got best trumpet player and then Sousa award and outstanding Senior. My other brother go best trombone. Of course Shawn can play like 7 different intruements so he's one of those peeps that can play anything. It's so not fair. *sniffles*

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awards? I got a Director's Award the first year I played (7th grade). I wasn't all that good, I just volunteer to do more stuff than everyone else. *laughs* So, no that's nothing new, is it?

I just got my letter for High School until my senior year. I wasn't good at the clarinet, honestly. I never practiced (I never studied, I never spent a lot of time on homework...*laughs* Sue me). I sat last chair in the symphonic band my senior year, after sitting second chair my sophmore year.

But again, my senior year, my band director gave me the Director's Award. My best friend and I volunteered to be his "aides" during an extra band class our senior year, so we got all the fun copying, counting money, check yourself out of school to deposit said money in bank account (and stop by and pick up lunch on your way back. ;) )kinds of jobs. LOL I was in the band room for 3 hours a day my senior year. I was an office aide for the class before that and throw lunch in the middle. God, I miss my senior year. LOL I did less that year than any other year in school!

That means I had time to get other awards like the Principal's Award (I was on a first name basis with the principal...you only THOUGHT you knew what kind of nerd I was, didn't you?), The Captain's Award for the Dance Team (pretty easy when you're the only upperclassman in the whole bunch, though), got inducted into the Beta Club, took AP classes... yeah, such a nerd!

*laughs* you're bonded to one, so hush *pokes Kyn*

*grins at Staffy* welcome to the club. ;) I have pics of all my online friends on my bulletin board at work. *laughs* Everyone who walks in thinks I'm nuts!

*laughs* Drama geeks were the biggest airheads I'd ever met in High School. Right up there with the cheerleaders, they just wore more material than the rest did. Of course, the Drama teacher was goth to her ultra dyed roots...

I knew two people who were in the band and drama, too. *laughs and shakes her head* Airhead fits them pretty well. Now, most of the dance team was in the band and most of the soccer team was, too. *laughs* what does that tell you?

Just got to read the posts, and Frenchie...I know exactly what you're talking about...

But I'm sure you've heard the..."How do you get a drummer to stop playing? Put a sheet of music in front of him!"

While the above statement is true, let me reiterate that I am most definitely NOT a drummer...I am a percussionist. :P

*laughs* yeah, my school was weird. With a band over 100 people strong in a school of 2K, we were a large chunk of the school's population. It made it fun watching the football players trying to be the jock's everyone else is used to seeing. *grins* We all thought they were idiots...

*laughs* The cheerleaders hated me. they figured out how fast I could get the band with their horns ready to cover their blasted noise with music. They'd see me getting set and then start a cheer. I got so sick of it that I just cued the band anyway. You want to mess with me, I've got 86 horns and 13 drums, 4 sets of cymbols and a crowd more willing to listen to what I'm doing than you. *laughs* Twits.

Archived