DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Run, Forrest...RUN!!!

GrandpaG

Don't know if this is the correct place for this post or not...

My favorite all time movie is Forrest Gump.

It's hard for me to pick a particular scene as favorite...I liked the whole thing.  The one that comes to mind is when he's telling Jenny that she was with him in VietNam when the stars came out if it quit raining...and running by the mountain lake...and out in the desert...and on the shrimp boat.  I think he really did care about her.

Any body out there enjoy the movie too?

Yeah this is an awesome movie.... ym favorite part is the listing of all the shrimp recipies....

Could they possibly ever have found a better actor to play Bubba? (NOT!!!)  I darn near cried when he passed on.  :'(

Does not make it to my top 50 list though.

WWWWHHHHHAAAAAATTTTT!!!!!! ::) :o ::) :o ::) :o

* steps back *

* reconciders *

* thinks out loud *

everybody doesn't like what I like?

hhhhmmmmm.

interesting concept.

guess that's OK?  :-\

They did a good job of making it look like he really did moon President Johnson.  :)

"I like your shoes."

Was Tom Hanks the same guy that starred in Rain Man? icon_neutral.gif

Terrible slam against the priorities of the University of Alabama.

I wonder if Hanks really is good at pingpong?  Some of that action looked pretty real.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree that Hanks is definately the best actor of his time, and one of the best ever.  I would never have predicted this considering his early career.  Bunch of comedies many of which sucked big time (though a few diamonds amongst them).  I never would have figured him for a great dramatic actor. 

I agree that Hanks is definately the best actor of his time, and one of the best ever.  I would never have predicted this considering his early career.  Bunch of comedies many of which sucked big time (though a few diamonds amongst them).  I never would have figured him for a great dramatic actor. 

Sometimes it seems that comedians convert to acting quite naturally.  Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, John Balushi, Tim the tool man Taylor/Santa Claus, Chevy Chase, Woopie Goldberg, etc.  Seldom see it go the other way.  John Wayne doing standup?  Steve McQueen?  Audrey Hepburn?  Clark Gable?  Liz Taylor?  (sorry I don't know the names of many modern day actors/actresses, just ancient ones)  Maybe the guy who played The Joker?  Or was he a comedian to start?  (Jack Nicholson?)

Sometimes it seems that comedians convert to acting quite naturally.  Steve Martin, Eddie Murphy, Will Smith, John Balushi, Tim the tool man Taylor/Santa Claus, Chevy Chase, Woopie Goldberg, etc.  Seldom see it go the other way.  John Wayne doing standup?  Steve McQueen?  Audrey Hepburn?  Clark Gable?  Liz Taylor?  (sorry I don't know the names of many modern day actors/actresses, just ancient ones)  Maybe the guy who played The Joker?  Or was he a comedian to start?  (Jack Nicholson?)

Most of the guys you named may can't really do anything except comedy, except for Will Smith, I can't see any of them pulling off a convicing dramatic picture. 

As for going the other way, you're right doing comedy takes timing that is foreign to most of them.  Though they can be funny playing the straight man (Tommy Lee Jones for example)

Archived