DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Anybody else feel like a dinosaur?

GrandpaG

Man... I saw the first episode of Dark Shadows when it aired.

:P

I used to watch Lost In Space on TV and I was in my 20's when Luke and Laura from the Soaps were just flirting with each other.

Barnabus Collins scared the bejebies out of me.  Hurried home every day for a good scare.  A soap opera with a vampire in it...only in America!  Then, it was time for the three stooges.  Woob, Woob, Woob, Woob.  ;D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i doesnt :( damn

40:o ewww i be old enought to be my own mother. older even eek! nah 25 at the very latest.. then i'll try flying and see if i really do bounce ;D , its just a matter of missing the floor is all..one of you folk will provide the legs?

I never did learn how to program a VCR.

Now, we have a DVD recorder that has sat in the box unopened since I don't know when (gift).

I only learned how to burn a CD on my music computer so I could share my creations.  I can still just barely do what I have to do.

My grandson is eleven.  He is more confident with computers than I am.

I have an associates degree (1977) in Automotive Service (mechanic) and lots of tools.  I don't even change my own oil.  :(

LOL! Yes  indeed, I have to get the booklet out every time I want to burn a DVD. But it's worth it GrampaG. I use video a lot in my classes and a DVD is just so much easier to deal with than tape. I luvs my DVD recorder! :)

I know what you mean about the oil. I used to have one of the first Hyundai Excels. Loved it. Maintenance so simple "a caveman could do it". Very good car to, for the money. No frills of course, but a good dependable economic commuter car. I cried when my hubby wrecked it. Now we have a Honda and someone else has to do the maintenance. It's just too complicated for us. :(

Boy I gotta say all that stuff you guys wrote really does make me feel like a dinosaur.  ;D

I'm feeling particularly old now after this weekend. I was at a party, tons of fun. They had a luge  :o (anyone heard of that)? So much fun. I sat down to rest a minute and the young girl next to me asked me if I had the time. The problem was she said, "mam do you have the time". Yes, this very old lady does have the time and the stamina to with stand the chilling "luge".

In my day a "nickel bag" was a five cent bag of candy at the five and dime store. They sold small glass bottles of cobalt blue perfume called "Evening in Paris". The smell made you choke. Wish I had one of those blue bottles.

Gramps I'm slightly younger than you, but your still too young for me. I like um more mature.  ;)

Boy I gotta say all that stuff you guys wrote really does make me feel like a dinosaur.  ;D

I'm feeling particularly old now after this weekend. I was at a party, tons of fun. They had a luge  :o (anyone heard of that)? So much fun. I sat down to rest a minute and the young girl next to me asked me if I had the time. The problem was she said, "mam do you have the time". Yes, this very old lady does have the time and the stamina to with stand the chilling "luge".

In my day a "nickel bag" was a five cent bag of candy at the five and dime store. They sold small glass bottles of cobalt blue perfume called "Evening in Paris". The smell made you choke. Wish I had one of those blue bottles.

Gramps I'm slightly younger than you, but your still too young for me. I like um more mature.  ;)

That's OK...my wife probably thinks I'm taken, anyway.  :)

*Chuckles* You kids crack me up! The Auld Man went to Disney Land the year it opened.I was a first grader. Every sidewalk square for blocks had chalk mark "Z's" from my Zorro sword with the chalk in the tip. I remember "Spin and Marty" on Mickey Mouse Club... Any "blue nosed gophers" out there? I remember the old men in the barbershop where I was gettin my 'flat top', which was greased up with reddish pink Butch Wax, talking about John Kennedy being Catholic and would never beat Nixon. This was 1960 in White Bluff, TN.

Programming VCR's was a snap... All those Rat Fink models and BOAC Convair airliner models taught me to read and follow written directions. Light forbid you try to teach a grandchild to read directions today.. Thats just MEAN.. Just Tell me!

I remember the day when Kennedy was assassinated. Watched it on our B & W tv.

The first day we had a telephone was in Winter of 1964. My brother came home from Korea with buttloads of discharge pay and got us one. woohoooo!

I watche the Mr. Ed show

My Favorite Martian

Dark Shadows (which I mentioned before but is worth saying twice) GO VAMPIRES!!

we got our first record player... our first 45 was from that crazy foreign band, the beatles. I wanna Hold Your Hand.

I know how to hook up ever single electronic device that you can buy and supply your house with, from Fry's Electronics. AND make them all work in unison. :p

I've been on the net since 1995 so I've seen it vast changes. I know a ton of useless crap about computers and software but not enough to actually get paid for it *rotfl*

I know how to hook up ever single electronic device that you can buy and supply your house with, from Fry's Electronics. AND make them all work in unison. :p

I've been on the net since 1995 so I've seen it vast changes. I know a ton of useless crap about computers and software but not enough to actually get paid for it *rotfl*

* stares in awe *

This is totally NOT dinosaur!  Don't know how you keep up!  Congrats!

* sneaks away *  * thinking out loud *

Seems like a lot of HARD work!  Guess you gotta enjoy something in life!  Like music?  Guitars?  Oh, I get it!  :)

OH I loved My Favorite Martian!!!

Hey Auld Man, for a minute there I thought you were my brother in disguise. ;D I got into his hair wax one day. It was fascinating stuff. Got my derriere smacked for that one. :'(

Aw, I'm just a fanatic about directions. My Dad was a TV repairman when it was all vacuum tubes, and I used to help him. I'm the mechanical/electrical techie in the family. I just don't learn/retain info like I used to. But I have had to rely on my son and daughter for info about online 'stuff', like some of the format things I've seen here. They've been online for a couple of years. All I've done before now is email and research. My husband is a computer-phobe. He won't go near it. He's Tyranasaurus Rex.  :D 

We might as well have not had a phone. We had a party-line shared with everyone on our street, so us kids were forbidden to touch the phone, except for emergencies. Ditto the 16", B&W 3-channel TV. But we could touch the antenna - everytime Daddy wanted to change the channel! (No remote controls) ;D 

tv shows, he man, thundercats, she ra, and hogons hearos. i remeber being enthraled while watching tv at sears. had to watch it there because we dident have a tv.  we only got one channle on the tv and about 5 on the radio. i remember the first time i flew, the pilots let me hang out in the cocpit for a few minnets before the flight, thank you southwest,. ahhh the good old days

I loved westerns and anything to do with horses:

Hop-Along Cassidy, The Lone Ranger, The Rifleman, Roy Rogers, Gene Autry, Fury, Flicka, The Virginian, Wagon Train, Rawhide, The Sons of the Pioneers, Wyatt Earp, Maverick, Johnny Yuma, The Gray Ghost, Sky King, Sugarfoot, Gunsmoke and Bonanza (the early years).

There was a cartoon show on Saturday mornings. It had a green wizard who flew around on a purple dragon... I think green and purple were the colors ::) chasing these two kids who flew around in a balloon. The wizards voice was done by Mel Blanc and sounded like Yosemite Sam (my hero)... I can't remember the name of the show for the life of me... Probably because I only ever saw it my senior year in high school at my friends house. His younger siblings watched it. I did too I guess, but the state I was in those days should not be done at home, and only by professionals. Probably why I can't recall much about it.

Archived