DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New user, came to vent.

RitualM

14 hours ago, Kevin Ray said:

I came to say this very thing.  I've never been a joiner in the WoT online community.  I picked up WoT when book one came out and have re-read the entire series every time a new book was released.  I have listened to the audio books a few times as well.  I have been a long-standing fan of the series since its inception.  Years ago, there were teasing's of a series, but it never came to pass.  However, when this started to come about, I was absolutely ecstatic.  I waited with bated breath for the first episode and was sorely disappointed from episode 1.  The cast is horrible; the script writing is pathetic; the character development is abysmal; the acting is mediocre at best; the sceanery is crowded; and the series itself is rushed to conclusions.  I think Amazon decided to do this as cheaply as they could and refused good production studios in favor of cheap ones.  As a result, this garbage was produced.  I wish I could apologize to Robert Jordan for the hatchet job these people did to the beloved story he produced and touched so many people with.

It does really suck when something you are excited for doesn't meet your expectations.

And while I agree that the script writing and direction needs some solid improvement I find the casting and acting to be just a joy to see on screen.