DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT Season 2 Episode 1: A Taste of Solitude

15 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

Who seemed to be the mother of the little girl. We also see that same little girl escaping in Perrin's initial vision, which is a cool detail I missed the first time.

Didn't Perrin found that little girl dead outside the village? Along with her dead dog?

1 hour ago, Elder_Haman said:

The dog, yes. I didn't see the girl. And Elyas specifically said she escaped.

I feel like we need a scene-by-scene comparison of the clothing. I think it was a different girl, who looked really similar...but not sure. It would be interesting to compare the dresses of the mother/child at the DF Social and the woman & girl scene in Perrin's vision. 

14 minutes ago, Storeebooq said:

I feel like we need a scene-by-scene comparison of the clothing. I think it was a different girl, who looked really similar...but not sure. It would be interesting to compare the dresses of the mother/child at the DF Social and the woman & girl scene in Perrin's vision. 

Agreed. Someone who's good at that sort of thing should post it. *cough* @SinisterDeath

2 hours ago, Masha said:

Did anyone notice who were attending Darkfriends Social - I saw:

One female Tinker, based on dress?? Anyone we know, I don't think that Tinker was ever identified in the books.

Might not be a tinker.  The outfit the child and mother are wearing are very similar to style that is being used for Amoth Plain and Amadicia according to some bts stuff.  Also the building being a 6 pointed star which happens to be part of the symbol for Amadcia.  Might just be coincidence.

Didn’t we see pain pull back his hood in the Darkfriend scene or am I mistaken? I thought he showed himself which connects him to the ones the group is pursuing, plus the little girl who appears to have escaped looked like the same one to me, and we see a shot of what I believe is the same clothing with a bird or something on one of the dead people as we saw in the first scene of the girl under the table seeing the different identifying features of the attendants. 

one other thing I can’t figure out is when Perrin has the vision (the one based on rands in the books) it almost looks like Ingtar is part of the vision and only after his appearance in that same spot did it initially on my first watch made me assume we’re actually only seeing him in the present moment. On rewatch it looks to me more like he’s part of the vision. 

30 minutes ago, Lightfriendsocialmistress said:

Didn’t we see pain pull back his hood in the Darkfriend scene

Yes. 

30 minutes ago, Lightfriendsocialmistress said:

one other thing I can’t figure out is when Perrin has the vision (the one based on rands in the books) it almost looks like Ingtar is part of the vision and only after his appearance in that same spot did it initially on my first watch made me assume we’re actually only seeing him in the present moment. On rewatch it looks to me more like he’s part of the vision. 

Elyas did mention how important it is to know the difference between visions and reality.

• Community Administrator
4 minutes ago, Guire said:

Are we getting any outside of show explanations for rules behind the scenes or anywhere in social media.  roughly knowing rules makes it easier for me to stay immersed.  Especially when it feels like rules have changed from book.  

This could be a WAFO?

1 hour ago, Guire said:

Are we getting any outside of show explanations for rules behind the scenes or anywhere in social media.  roughly knowing rules makes it easier for me to stay immersed.  Especially when it feels like rules have changed from book.  

Not yet and I am fine with that, we are discovering the rules at the same time as the characters are. 

19 hours ago, Elder_Haman said:

Agreed. Someone who's good at that sort of thing should post it. *cough* @SinisterDeath

image.png

It's really tough to say.  

The hair's the right length. She's around the right size. The face could be right, but it's to fuzzy to really be sure.
The clothing is slightly different, but that could just be a new day.

This scene with her "mum" (I upped the contrast in this one)
image.png
We see the girl has some bead work in her hair.
Her mom's dress has several "rows" on the bottom before we get this large solid color with lets call them "flowers" with 4 shapes in the middle and "triangles" at each corner.

Now compare the dresses on the people we see Fain killing.

image.png

They have the similar "rows" and "teeth" on the bottom, but lack the "flowers" in the middle.

But, since the X-Ray calls this out as Tel'aran'rhiod, if they keep the thing about "clothing" changes by thinking about it...

52 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

image.png

It's really tough to say.  

The hair's the right length. She's around the right size. The face could be right, but it's to fuzzy to really be sure.
The clothing is slightly different, but that could just be a new day.

This scene with her "mum" (I upped the contrast in this one)
image.png
We see the girl has some bead work in her hair.
Her mom's dress has several "rows" on the bottom before we get this large solid color with lets call them "flowers" with 4 shapes in the middle and "triangles" at each corner.

Now compare the dresses on the people we see Fain killing.

image.png

They have the similar "rows" and "teeth" on the bottom, but lack the "flowers" in the middle.

But, since the X-Ray calls this out as Tel'aran'rhiod, if they keep the thing about "clothing" changes by thinking about it...

Nicely done, thank you for pulling the screencaps and comparing. 

IMO it goes to show they are not the same folk. I am basing that mostly on the fact that the contume designers put a LOT of intention and work into the different clothings, and I haven't seen them show a lot of clothing changes for non-main characters.

They might all be Traveling people, since the styles are similar. Or may also be from similar regions & cultures. The wagons + protective dog + style makes me think Padin Fain was attacking Traveling folk (what an a-hole). I'm curious if we will get more info later.  

25 minutes ago, Storeebooq said:

I am basing that mostly on the fact that the contume designers put a LOT of intention and work into the different clothings,

24 minutes ago, Storeebooq said:

They might all be Traveling people, since the styles are similar.

Same. 
believe the pattern in the skirts have a story attached to them that we as the audience don't know about yet. It's something I look forward to in the BTS.

2 hours ago, Storeebooq said:

Nicely done, thank you for pulling the screencaps and comparing. 

IMO it goes to show they are not the same folk. I am basing that mostly on the fact that the contume designers put a LOT of intention and work into the different clothings, and I haven't seen them show a lot of clothing changes for non-main characters.

They might all be Traveling people, since the styles are similar. Or may also be from similar regions & cultures. The wagons + protective dog + style makes me think Padin Fain was attacking Traveling folk (what an a-hole). I'm curious if we will get more info later.  

You should be able to see the full cast list in IMDB for each episode, if the same actress is in both then it is the same character. 

2 hours ago, Scarloc99 said:

You should be able to see the full cast list in IMDB for each episode, if the same actress is in both then it is the same character. 

image.png
Sort of a dead end.... is that a pun?

(The DF social and the scene with the dead tuatha'an both = 1st episode, so we can't go by episode 1 & episode 2 cast list)

As far as I can tell, the cast list, also doesn't list any of the actors in the DF social, except for Niko & Ishy.

5 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

image.png
Sort of a dead end.... is that a pun?

(The DF social and the scene with the dead tuatha'an both = 1st episode, so we can't go by episode 1 & episode 2 cast list)

As far as I can tell, the cast list, also doesn't list any of the actors in the DF social, except for Niko & Ishy.

Sorry I had a moment in my head one was episode 1 the other 2, but yes no character listed there, I think you need IMDb premium to see every extra etc listed. What about the actual credits on the show? 

As per the black sister (and I’m referring to a darkfriend Aes Sedai) that we see in the cold opening… do we think that in this season they will reveal: 

Spoiler

Liandrin

Verin

Sheriam

All three? 
A combination? 

I, personally, think we’re going to see at least Liandrin revealed as a Darkfriend & find out her backstory. 

Thoughts? 

Oh, and I think having Fain show his face, and then having him hunting down and killing the DF’s would be excellent writing. Especially coupled with Lord Ingtars “Maybe he had a reason. You might not like the answer, but it’s worth asking the question.”

Edited by DreadLord31

40 minutes ago, DreadLord31 said:

Thoughts? 

Oh, and I think having Fain show his face, and then having him hunting down and killing the DF’s would be excellent writing. Especially coupled with Lord Ingtars “Maybe he had a reason. You might not like the answer, but it’s worth asking the question.”

I hope we get a version of his prison scene from TGH after they capture him this season.

Nothing like having a human send a chill up your spine.

1 hour ago, DreadLord31 said:

As per the black sister (and I’m referring to a darkfriend Aes Sedai) that we see in the cold opening… do we think that in this season they will reveal: 

Hide contents

Liandrin

Verin

Sheriam

All three? 
A combination? 

I, personally, think we’re going to see at least Liandrin revealed as a Darkfriend & find out her backstory. 

Thoughts? 

Spoiler

- liandrin yes she is already setting up to betray everyone to the Seanchan (am sure she is sending Mat to Toman Head), 

- Sheriam, no, her reveal in the books is really well done so I am happy keeping to that. 

- Verin, I hope her story is done far far better then the books, we might not see her be a darkfriend in season 2 but I hope we will very soon, and I hope we see her be very very evil, killing her own sister for one thing. She can be the character who shows the audience just how despicable darkfriends can be, all the time building to the big reveal in season 7 with a flashback montage as she dies showing all the terrible things she did from the point of view of someone trying to bring down the shadow. 

2 hours ago, Scarloc99 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

- liandrin yes she is already setting up to betray everyone to the Seanchan (am sure she is sending Mat to Toman Head), 

- Sheriam, no, her reveal in the books is really well done so I am happy keeping to that. 

- Verin, I hope her story is done far far better then the books, we might not see her be a darkfriend in season 2 but I hope we will very soon, and I hope we see her be very very evil, killing her own sister for one thing. She can be the character who shows the audience just how despicable darkfriends can be, all the time building to the big reveal in season 7 with a flashback montage as she dies showing all the terrible things she did from the point of view of someone trying to bring down the shadow. 

So in others words you want the show to lean even heavier into the whole 

Spoiler

Verin is like Snape plot? 

On 9/7/2023 at 7:42 PM, DreadLord31 said:

So in others words you want the show to lean even heavier into the whole 

Hide contents

Verin is like Snape plot? 

Yes 

Spoiler

She is though far more interesting then Snape, her story is far more nuanced, and what she does to play both sides is far more interesting.