DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DOOMSLAYER MAFIA - GAME OVER

Darthe

14 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

I'm not trying to be hard to read, ya'll just suck at reading me as anything but wolf. 😉 

That's the problem with playing a game like this for decades. You get so used to the paradigm in that social bubble, that when new people come in from the outside that are unorthodox, they auto-read as always sus.

I'd argue with you there on a few points - sure we might have more meta/history with players we've seen over and over again, but new players don't always come across as sus - look at Delta and Voodoo in ?Fireball - they were 'new' faces - and both got solid Town reads from most people on the field from early on. 

There's a few things they did I think, that helped with that - communicated their thoughts/best guesses about what player comments might mean for the likelihood of their actual alignment, for example.

True, it would be sus IRL, but I would still believe it makes him sus to me.

Prior games he's claimed he goes "hard" wolf hunting/spamming every game whether town or wolf. 

Not posting 30 pages in a day, breaks his "meta read", and makes people sus him. The "excuse" that he can't devote full attention here because of another game, sounds valid. As does not wanting to overwhelm people again. But if one excuse is an obvious lie, that puts sus on him. Getting caught in an obvious lie, brings more questions then answers. (D2 reexamine?)

Like this - I quite like it. I can follow the thought process, and can see how it might fit a Townie mindset. Doesn't make you LOCKTOWN to me, but it's at least a starting point for some positive-ish-ness.

FWIW - he is playing on MU 😂

I don't have any good reads on anyone right now. Those posts of substance you talk about don't confirm or deny sus. I've read no slips. and if anything I feel like you know more about what's going on then I do.

Does that feeling make you think/feel anything in regards to potential alignment? Same for any posts, from any other players? If so, lay 'em out there... 'confirm/deny sus' is too much for anyone to really have at this point tbh!

2 hours ago, Sooh said:

lol twitching and squinting is fine... the problem begins when people start reeeeeeeeeaching 😉

I feel like there may be some attempted pocketing goibg on between these two and I'm not sure at all whose the potential pocketer and pocketee lolololol

26 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Given the lack of any kind of context of what's going on, whether there's different town factions, cultists, wolves, etc, I'm kind of in the wait and see and move to night with no lynch.

I don't hate the idea of D1 no lynch in this game if it comes to it, tbh.

2 hours ago, Sooh said:

I went back and read a bit more thoroughly and it made sense lol. You were joking with voodoo and I got confused. 

I do agree we need to start reaching though. 

how do you feel about Zander?

I need more from verb and sinister and awholeloaf before I can get a read on them. 

actually all three of them should comment on me, you cass and Zander. At least we can get a foundation going, and I feel like there should be something to say about us three. I don’t really want to vote somebody for not posting enough. 

You seem extremely fixated on me Soo h why is that?

I mean I know you love me and im awesome but seems a bit much lawl?

1 minute ago, Zander? said:

I feel like there may be some attempted pocketing goibg on between these two and I'm not sure at all whose the potential pocketer and pocketee lolololol

ZANDERRRRRR!! ❤️

How could it be pocketing? In either direction?

I mean, the stretchy word made me twist like maybe it was shade.

But I have it currently as ??? NAI, and mostly just see a good dose of wariness/skepticism? Not pocketingish at all?

1 hour ago, Cass said:

^

This - at least I'm looking forward to seeing how game goes from here, and what thoughts the quieter people bring.

Zander - I think really needs to be here and comment more for me to get a better feel. I'm not seeing/feeling TOWN!ZANDERRRRR!!!!! yet - but this is countered by the fact that it took me a little bit to see it in the last two games and I'm not sure if there's a similar element here also, plus the addition of him being sick/distracted with MU. I do expect that if it's TOWNZ!!! here, you and I at least should be able to figure him out with a bit more content - and if it's TOWNZ!!!! here, I would expect him to be here sooner rather than later, shining though...

So I guess it's a game of wait and see what happens over the next few hours / half day-ish?

Wow I feel so loved but same as I just said to Sooh.  I stayed at start I'm.in multiple games dealing with an infection and working and in still most likely top poster lol

7 minutes ago, Zander? said:

I swear I was just about to ask this as I saw thos post lol. Mines lagging bad too

It's nowhere near as bad now as it was.

Every.

Single.

Post.

Was.

Hanging.

Before it actually posted. Or double posted. 

1 hour ago, SinisterDeath said:

And here I'm thinking can we confirm he's actually playing on MU, but... that's using outside sources for in-game knowledge. Shit.

I've posted several times more then either Verb or Loaf in this thread. But gl getting a read on me lmao. 

I could be mod confirmed townie and ya'll would still think I'm wolf. 😉 

Check Nannoks DC Upick game currently running on MU

31 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Not posting 30 pages in a day, breaks his "meta read", and makes people sus him. The "excuse" that he can't devote full attention here because of another game, sounds valid. As does not wanting to overwhelm people again. But if one excuse is an obvious lie, that puts sus on him. Getting caught in an obvious lie, brings more questions then answers. (D2 reexamine?)

I'd counter with:  why would he bother with a lie that can be easily identified as such?

28 minutes ago, Cass said:

Weren't you a wolf though? All's fair in love and mafia...

How confident are you in your meta of/ability to read differences in Town/Scum Zander in general? And same for Sooh and I?

I was town vig!!!  >_>

I feel reasonably confident in my ability to read Zander, but less on you two simply because I haven't played as many games with you.  But overall I'm confident in my scumhunting regardless of who it is.

20 minutes ago, Cass said:

Do you believe it could've be a natural thought process for Town!SD though?

I do think it's natural for him, and therefore NAI on the surface.  But the fact that we've pointed out these types of quirks and "outside the game" things (like the angleshooting last game), I feel that repeated instances can only mean intent to fool.

• Community Administrator
2 minutes ago, Cass said:

I'd argue with you there on a few points - sure we might have more meta/history with players we've seen over and over again, but new players don't always come across as sus - look at Delta and Voodoo in ?Fireball - they were 'new' faces - and both got solid Town reads from most people on the field from early on. 

You missed the line about unorthodox.

It's similar to arguing politics on Facebook, and you don't regurgitate soundbites from one side, the other is expecting you to use. It confuses the hell out of them. 😛 

3 minutes ago, Cass said:

There's a few things they did I think, that helped with that - communicated their thoughts/best guesses about what player comments might mean for the likelihood of their actual alignment, for example.

In the past, I have given my thoughts and guesses on people, and it still comes off as wolfy to ya'll. 😉 

4 minutes ago, Cass said:

FWIW - he is playing on MU 😂

Which is NAI. I'm apt to believe he's got some crud to. Kids are just full of nasty bugs.

5 minutes ago, Cass said:

Does that feeling make you think/feel anything in regards to potential alignment? Same for any posts, from any other players? If so, lay 'em out there... 'confirm/deny sus' is too much for anyone to really have at this point tbh!

Your alignment? No. Could just be a wolf gaslighting me. 😛 

nothing can confirm/deny is definitely the game state right now. I kind of feel like once we have more idea of what's going on, we can work from there.

4 minutes ago, Cass said:

I don't hate the idea of D1 no lynch in this game if it comes to it, tbh.

Aye. It would at least give us some idea of what the hell is going on. 
There's a 14% chance a random lynch = Wolf, but a 86% chance it's a towny.
Depending on PR's, Factions, and the number of Wolves in this game, it could be won/lost before D3 starts.

48 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

So, a few things:

- only Sooh and Cass have really been "playing" thus far, the rest of us have either only checked in with a few posts (like me), or just messing around and having fun

- neither of the above feel suspicious to me, but it's easy to disguise "townie eagerness" in the beginning of the game as a way to help lead

- I shot Zander in the face as soon as I was able to last game, so I'm giving him a little bit of a bye right now as an apology, lol

- DM is indeed laggy (f*cking Barm)

- I love lamp.

GOD FORGIVES

ZANDER DOESNT 

LOLOLOLOL

51 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

But getting caught in such an obvious lie automatically makes me think of the Jester/Tanner role...

@Zander? I swear - if you are one of these and you don't help us LUNCH A WOLF FIRST!!!! Imma be so mad 😂

Also, I think this post looks ~villagery from SD.

2 minutes ago, Zander? said:

Cass I see you're posting while im catching up I have to go to an appt to get some more antibiotics for this infection in fighting I'll be back in like 2 hours give or take

It's nearly 130am - and I have another 10+ hr shift in the morning 😞

Surely we'll get to be here properly at the same time soooooooooonnn!?

• Community Administrator
1 minute ago, Verbal32 said:

I'd counter with:  why would he bother with a lie that can be easily identified as such?

The only reason I could see someone trying to get caught in an obvious lie, is if their win condition is to get lynched/nk'd. It's what I'd do.

3 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

I do think it's natural for him, and therefore NAI on the surface.  But the fact that we've pointed out these types of quirks and "outside the game" things (like the angleshooting last game), I feel that repeated instances can only mean intent to fool.

Or.. hear me out here. I'm being truthful and ya'll are so paranoid ya'll think my truthiness is a fools gambit.

3 minutes ago, Zander? said:

Cass I see you're posting while im catching up I have to go to an appt to get some more antibiotics for this infection in fighting I'll be back in like 2 hours give or take

GL. Stay out of the sun.

1 minute ago, Cass said:

@Zander? I swear - if you are one of these and you don't help us LUNCH A WOLF FIRST!!!! Imma be so mad 😂

lol. I have my doubts Zander actually is one, but my sus on that would have only been true if he was caught in an obvious lie like that.

Now I do wonder...
VooDoo is the town "hodor".
Darthe's post implies the "Doom Slayer" aka the protagonist of Doom is the Wolf in this game.

Doom Slayer is a silent protagonist.
Ergo, is VooDoo =Doom Slayer = Wolf?

8 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

The only reason I could see someone trying to get caught in an obvious lie, is if their win condition is to get lynched/nk'd. It's what I'd do.

Or.. hear me out here. I'm being truthful and ya'll are so paranoid ya'll think my truthiness is a fools gambit.

GL. Stay out of the sun.

lol. I have my doubts Zander actually is one, but my sus on that would have only been true if he was caught in an obvious lie like that.

Now I do wonder...
Darthe's post implies the "Doom Slayer" aka the protagonist of Doom is the Wolf in this game.

On 8/7/2022 at 7:33 PM, Darthe said:

Khan - He is uncompromising, a relentless being of violence.  He came, cutting through them like a sickle through a field.  He struck out towards the shadow of the planes of sin, and only this one was left… Found choking in his own blood..?

Imp - He is broken sir, but he is alive. 

Khan - That has ever been a rarity, yes.   Let him be an icon of hope, a symbol to show that even the Slayer is imperfect.  This one survived, and he must be known.

VoodooNut is a TOWN HODOR (innocent child who can only post in emojis/gifs/other players quotes during the day).

25 minutes ago, Zander? said:

WIM IS ETERNAL AMD CAS. ONLY HUMAN ALIVE THAT HAS MORE WIM THEN ME!!!!! Lolololol

I just meant same thing I saw here off jump posts then didn't see anything for awhole after. I did same thing Cass did to me and what we usually do in case question WIM throw on tinfoil.hats about eachother and get paranoid af lololololol

Ok. I really need to drum it through your head that my WIM IS ETERNAL!!! (Except when I'm a Wolf) BUT that WIM does not always = posting, especially if I'm asleep or at work... or I've stayed up for 3 days rocking in the corners with my tinfoil.

TBH that's why I asked you - LACK OF WIM???? I wouldn't have expected Town!YOU! to be actually worried about my not posting at that time being a potential wolfy thing, especially with sleep and work etc. 

Where are you at with me now? (when you return)?

22 minutes ago, Zander? said:

Wow I feel so loved but same as I just said to Sooh.  I stayed at start I'm.in multiple games dealing with an infection and working and in still most likely top poster lol

Of course you're loved! That post literally is love and waiting for you to return. 

No pressure 😛❤️ 

There really wasn't much to go on earlier, but I have hopes for the time ahead!

16 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Now I do wonder...

Might just be me - I have a hard time with players that know they're saying angleshooty-type things or things that are outside the game, and continuing to do that on purpose.  It both doesn't feel right to me, and also makes that player inclined to use that as scum and easily skate by with such an "obvious town meta".  I'm not a fan, honestly.

For that bottom section, Voodoo is cleared town, did you miss that?