DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

DOOMSLAYER MAFIA - GAME OVER

Darthe

• Community Administrator
1 minute ago, Verbal32 said:

For that bottom section, Voodoo is cleared town, did you miss that?

I did see that, but it's worth thinking about in terms of the "Theme" of the game.

On 8/7/2022 at 1:10 PM, Darthe said:

Since the game is themed, non-town players will be given fake claims.

Also, I have no idea wth this means in terms of mafia.

31 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

I feel reasonably confident in my ability to read Zander, but less on you two simply because I haven't played as many games with you.  But overall I'm confident in my scumhunting regardless of who it is.

Good to know, ta.

31 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

I do think it's natural for him, and therefore NAI on the surface.  But the fact that we've pointed out these types of quirks and "outside the game" things (like the angleshooting last game), I feel that repeated instances can only mean intent to fool.

Disagree on the bold, but ok?

1 minute ago, SinisterDeath said:

I did see that, but it's worth thinking about in terms of the "Theme" of the game.

Heads up, you can definitely let that concern go - 'Innocent Child' is declared by the mod - and it would be game-breaking for them to be anything but, in a way that Darthe just wouldn't do. Promise. To tinfoil that is really, really, really, really not something to worry about - or something you can mention without suggesting Darthe deliberately broke the game. Remember how much we ❤️ and trust our mods to do the right thing 😉 

1 minute ago, SinisterDeath said:

As in you don't understand the sense of 'fake claims'? 

8 hours ago, Cass said:

You know we definitely nail your feet off you describe mafia as a neat experience, right? 😛

What did you like about it?

Saw this and another post asking what to do?? Is there anything confusing you in particular?

I remember Darthe (at least telling me he was) sharing some of his mentor torture of me with you once, and you saying it was mean of him to toy with me so - I would've thought he'd at least shared the basics?

a) Be Town and share your thought processes!

b) Eliminate non-Town!

c) Profit a whole new mafia games addiction??

Obviously b) differs if you're a wolf, but if that's the case glglgl

More seriously I recommend finding people you believe are sincerely Town, and narrowing down to your least confident/most likely non-Town and vote them?

@Cass

Thank you for helping me with that, he has not torture taught me anything yet to make things as fair as possible. I get to learn as I go, just like everyone did in the beginning. Maybe I will enjoy this one, and if I remember correctly I was a stand in on the last game because I only played for a day.

That's a really good explanation, thank you again! I think I can do that, and be sincere myself. I know town, and I'm kinda clear on a wolf. I know there's more roles beyond that and that we vote during day and night is bad. 🙂

14 hours ago, Zander? said:

This got makes me wonder if any else every thought of hitting Derf in the head with a hammer... @imaloafofbread

Lolololol

@Zander?

I mean...

giphy.gif

41 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

You missed the line about unorthodox.

Ok, yeah I did XD, but 

It's similar to arguing politics on Facebook, and you don't regurgitate soundbites from one side, the other is expecting you to use. It confuses the hell out of them. 😛 

Why would you want to confuse us here?

Conform and be orthodox, darnit!!!! 😛 

Which is NAI. I'm apt to believe he's got some crud to. Kids are just full of nasty bugs.

Agreed.

Your alignment? No. Could just be a wolf gaslighting me. 😛 

Could be, but you've gotta start somewhere...

nothing can confirm/deny is definitely the game state right now. I kind of feel like once we have more idea of what's going on, we can work from there.

Aye. It would at least give us some idea of what the hell is going on. 
There's a 14% chance a random lynch = Wolf, but a 86% chance it's a towny.
Depending on PR's, Factions, and the number of Wolves in this game, it could be won/lost before D3 starts.

Ungghhh, numberssss.

I feel like old DM stats would say we at least used to do better than 14% D1 wolf-lynches. 

I don't necessarily think that we have a higher chance than that here, so far. 

I do currently feel that if we all still collectively don't have a strong wolf-lean on anyone by near EoD, NL would make more work for the wolf D2, and give us extra time, which could be a good thing, right?

But it is too early to tell, and we still need moar from people before we decide they're not wolfy for staying so hush.

8 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

I have a hard time with players that know they're saying angleshooty-type things or things that are outside the game, and continuing to do that on purpose. 

2 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

And here I'm thinking can we confirm he's actually playing on MU, but... that's using outside sources for in-game knowledge. Shit.

TBF, I did say that confirming he's on MU would be using outside knowledge, and I had no intention to pursue it precisely because it was outside game knowledge. I was merely thinking out loud because I'm paranoid as hell.

If you're going to harp on angle shooting, may I suggest to ignore what happened last game and not using that game knowledge in this game?

21 hours ago, Darthe said:

Lol Myers’s Briggs, that thing hates me.  So many people get something cool, like ENTP - The Debater, or ISTJ - The Inspector.  The damn thing gave up on me and I got XXFX - Emotionally Stupid. Description was “you wouldn’t understand anyways.”

@Darthe

How am I supposed to dish the tea if you're spilling it all over the place?

21 hours ago, Zander? said:

Yep those are def on yhe list along with

Have you heard of Stockholm syndrome?

Do you have Stockholm syndrome?

Are you ok?

Should I call 911 for you? 

Etc

Etc

Etc

Lolololol

@Zander?

Yes

Would I know if I did lol

Yes 🙂 and I hope you feel better soon

No lol sweet to ask

21 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

Blink twice if you are being held against you're will.

@SinisterDeath

blink-blinking.gif

33 minutes ago, Verbal32 said:

For that bottom section, Voodoo is cleared town, did you miss that?

Verb, what do you think of SD's suggestion that Zander might be Jester/Tanner?

Is that something a non-Town rand would be likely to bring up?

2 minutes ago, Cass said:

To reiterate, that was only something I considered if Zander was caught in an obvious lie.

Looks like we are here but let me know if I missed something.

Official Vote Count:

Zander (1/4): Sooh

Loaf (1/4): Verbal

Not Voting(5/7):

Voodoo, Zander, Cass, Sinister, Loaf

It takes four to lynch.

Countdown timer:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20220810T1530&p0=25&msg=Day+One&font=cursive

Edited by Darthe

17 hours ago, Zander? said:

Just tell me if your Role PM say Town or Mafia and ill guide you thru what to do!!!!!

I'm town but isn't everyone? 🙂

17 hours ago, Zander? said:

Ok sweeet are you a hostage and being held against your will?

Is Derf some sort of secret Billionaire?

Are you in need of rescue?

Do you have Stockholm syndrome?

Lets start with these....lolololol

Nah

No 😞 he's not the bat

Not at the moment..

I don't think so 🙂

22 minutes ago, AwholeLoafaBread said:

@Cass he has not torture taught me anything yet to make things as fair as possible. I get to learn as I go, just like everyone did in the beginning. Maybe I will enjoy this one, and if I remember correctly I was a stand in on the last game because I only played for a day.

I hope you do! 

22 minutes ago, AwholeLoafaBread said:

I think I can do that, and be sincere myself.

Looking forward to seeing more!

2 minutes ago, Cass said:

Yes, in the role PMs

Does that mean the Mod could tell the players they're X, but they're actually Y, and the player not know it?

Example: They are told they are a PR, but they're actually just vanilla townie?

2 hours ago, Verbal32 said:

Vote: Loaf

Hi, nice to meet you....are you scum?

17 minutes ago, Darthe said:

Looks like we are here but let me know if I missed something.

Official Vote Count:

Zander (1/4): Sooh

Not Voting(6/7):

Voodoo, Zander, Verbal, Cass, Sinister, Loaf

It takes four to lynch.

Countdown timer:

https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/to?iso=20220810T1530&p0=25&msg=Day+One&font=cursive

5 hours ago, Cass said:

@AwholeLoafaBread LOAFABREAD

@Cass

You rang? 🙂 I'm sorry for the small posting, getting into the rythym here and I see this is something I'll be keeping  open on my phone. I have a 2yr old (this month) so if I'm not on enough I do apologize, and blame the terrible twos lol

5 hours ago, Cass said:

Oh oh oh!!

1. Zander is going to land the big one!

2. Red flag on Zander!

3. Zander is full of Foxxy Rage!.. Is that like Wolf Rage?

4. Zander is FISHY!

TLDR - need moar @Zander? !!!

@Cass

You think so? I have gotten good vibes so far, super funny and I enjoy the banter with him and everyone so far. I will make sure to stayvigilantt but I'm not sure he's sus 🙂 we'll see?

5 hours ago, Cass said:

@AwholeLoafaBread

I could just be uber tired post work, but I can't figure out your laugh emoji on this one, halp?

@Cass

I may have misclicked, I'm a tired loafabread lol I'm sorry, if there wasn't a gif from VooDooNut on there then I misclicked. I like the gifs 🙂

5 hours ago, Sooh said:

*scrapes dust off of mafia muscles*

Ok, so... I'm not sure if it is my reading comprehension or lack of playing mafia or if I've just gone stupid lately (probably a combo), but when I went back to reread I think I understand lol.

Anyway, yes to more @AwholeLoafaBread, please 🙂

@Sooh I'll do my best 🙂 

3 hours ago, Cass said:

^

This - at least I'm looking forward to seeing how game goes from here, and what thoughts the quieter people bring.

Zander - I think really needs to be here and comment more for me to get a better feel. I'm not seeing/feeling TOWN!ZANDERRRRR!!!!! yet - but this is countered by the fact that it took me a little bit to see it in the last two games and I'm not sure if there's a similar element here also, plus the addition of him being sick/distracted with MU. I do expect that if it's TOWNZ!!! here, you and I at least should be able to figure him out with a bit more content - and if it's TOWNZ!!!! here, I would expect him to be here sooner rather than later, shining though...

So I guess it's a game of wait and see what happens over the next few hours / half day-ish?

@Cass I don't know mr Zander's past, so I can only speak on this one.. You seem to know him well, I'll be checking in on your reads if that's okay 🙂 I'd really be sad if I voted a town by mistake, i'm the most nervous about that.

8 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Does that mean the Mod could tell the players they're X, but they're actually Y, and the player not know it?

No....

It usually goes something like:

"You are the Mafia character whose real name is BADMAN! 

Your safe/fake claim is GOODMAN!" 

Where 'Badman' and 'Goodman' are both aptly named characters in the chosen theme.

2 hours ago, SinisterDeath said:

Confirming he would wouldn't confirm his alignment, but lying about it would definitely confirm he's sus.

But getting caught in such an obvious lie automatically makes me think of the Jester/Tanner role...

I'm pretty sure you've mentioned jester/tanner role if like every game we've played together it's like you're trying to will it into existence lolololol

55 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

Mod confirmed means 100% accurate, unless bastard modding (which this isn't, see below).

55 minutes ago, Cass said:

Good to know, ta.

Disagree on the bold, but ok?

Fair.

33 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

TBF, I did say that confirming he's on MU would be using outside knowledge, and I had no intention to pursue it precisely because it was outside game knowledge. I was merely thinking out loud because I'm paranoid as hell.

If you're going to harp on angle shooting, may I suggest to ignore what happened last game and not using that game knowledge in this game?

Which means you knew it wasn't the right thing to talk about, and did it anyway.  "Thinking out loud" and "saying we do it" becomes semantics at that point, ya know?

25 minutes ago, Cass said:

Why not?  I know I would as either alignment, so I didn't even think twice on that.  Are you testing me with this question, or is it a legit one?

8 minutes ago, SinisterDeath said:

That would be bastard modding, and Darthe didn't state this was a bastard game - therefore, you can sleep easily knowing the mod isn't lying to you.

2 hours ago, Verbal32 said:

Yes, I meant in general - not this game as of now.  That said, I admit to not being a fan of his idea of checking MU.  One could argue that's an easy way for scum to throw a little shade without doing any work for it.

I'd say he's currently in my WTL for today......but to be fair, that essentially includes everybody other than Voodoo and Zander (though if HE slips, then all bets are off lol).

Why am I off the table for today???  I don't think I've yet reached that Zander Level of Villageryness yet where there's 0 doubt....weird not sure what to make of it.

1 minute ago, Zander? said:

Why am I off the table for today???  I don't think I've yet reached that Zander Level of Villageryness yet where there's 0 doubt....weird not sure what to make of it.

You missed earlier when I admitted my guilt for shooting you in the face last game the second I was able to.

I mean, as the town vigilante, that was not a good shot, and I feel bad.

>_>

<_<