DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Episode 8 Teaser

Sabio

23 hours ago, Skipp said:

The multiple fades in a quick cut look awesome.  It does seem they will give the killing of the Trolloc army, partially or entirely, to Egwene and Nynaeve and any other channelers they find.  Not a change I mind depending on what they do with Rand at the Eye. 

Having Rand teleport to the Gap and then talk with the Creator(?) was always a bit confusing.

Especially so as the writers have been very careful to avoid any detailed mention of a "Creator" thus far. 

That is reinforced  when Moraiane talks about the Wheel not "wanting anything" .  Even Jordan avoided the

whole divine being thing for the most part. 

1 hour ago, Yojimbo said:

Yes!  It will be revealed that the Aes Sedai have gotten so much wrong over the past 3000 years that the DR is actually only a non executive figurehead, with all the real power being invested in a committee of women who do all the really difficult things.  ?

I would think you'd like that since that is basically how many Aes Sedai act in the books.

17 minutes ago, TheDreadReader said:

I would think you'd like that since that is basically how many Aes Sedai act in the books.

And look how that worked out for them *cough* Dumais Wells *cough*

I was of course, joking about that.   Changing things so that he actually IS not the only person who can defeat the DO to some guy who needs his hand held all the way by a (for lack of a better phrase) women's circle would be an abomination.  

Edited by Yojimbo

I understand it might be hard if they ever do get to the Last battle trying to show 4 or 5 sperate people doing their own thing at the last battle.  But the show clearly has been saying the Dragon must be the one to face the DO.  I think they can show each group is important. Mat and Egwene fighting the army. Perin after 14 books still trying to master his dream world abilites, and Rand vs the DO. 

31 minutes ago, Sabio said:

I understand it might be hard if they ever do get to the Last battle trying to show 4 or 5 sperate people doing their own thing at the last battle.  But the show clearly has been saying the Dragon must be the one to face the DO.  I think they can show each group is important. Mat and Egwene fighting the army. Perin after 14 books still trying to master his dream world abilites, and Rand vs the DO. 

It might be useful to think of how the last battle conceptually played out in AMOL when thinking about how they might end season 1.  

9 minutes ago, TheDreadReader said:

It might be useful to think of how the last battle conceptually played out in AMOL when thinking about how they might end season 1.  

Leak spoilers below...

Spoiler

Holy shit... Having read the leaks it sounds like they've set it up almost as a mirror moment in a way, sans Mat.

Been a while since I've read AMOL but seems like there's lot of foreshadowing, at least.

Edited by NinjaPowers975

1 hour ago, TheDreadReader said:

Since EotW and aMoL do that anyway.  At least with Rand.

EotW Ending in a very simplified statement:

Spoiler

Rand is tempted by Ba'alzamon, shown his mother, told if he sides with the dark everything will be alright and he'll get everything he wants.  Just surrender and join the side that will give you what you want...

aMoL Rand vs DO in a very simplified statement:

Spoiler

After being shown the both imperfect and perfect victories of each side Rand is tempted by the DO offering to just let everything end, no one hurting, no more suffering.  If Rand will just give in then the entire struggle and all the death and suffering will end...

1 minute ago, KakitaOCU said:

EotW Ending in a very simplified statement:

Hide contents

Rand is tempted by Ba'alzamon, shown his mother, told if he sides with the dark everything will be alright and he'll get everything he wants.  Just surrender and join the side that will give you what you want...

To be fair I feel like Ba'alzamon was attempting that every couple chapters in the first few books. Bit slow on the uptake old fire eyes.

On 12/22/2021 at 4:15 PM, Skipp said:

Having Rand teleport to the Gap and then talk with the Creator(?) was always a bit confusing.

I was under the impression that this was the dark one, mirroring the way he speaks to Rand in the last book and the forsaken throughout the series.

assuming i'm right it would actually be a useful way to hint that the dark one isn't who they think he is, furthering the theme of the Aes Sedai not knowing nearly as much as they think they do

2 minutes ago, MasterAblar said:

To be fair I feel like Ba'alzamon was attempting that every couple chapters in the first few books. Bit slow on the uptake old fire eyes.

That among other things is the reason I feel like RJ2 took New Spring, EotW, TGH and TDR and decided "What is the story of these four books together?"

Because honestly, Books 1-3 can each be summarized as "Rand faces a bigger world he doesn't understand and must come to grips with being the chosen one while Ba'alzamon tempts and challenges him to either die or turn to the darkness.