DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Episode 8 Teaser

Sabio

18 minutes ago, zacz1987 said:

I'm more surprised that Mat is shown. Can anyone confirm whether it is old footage from a previous episode or is it something we have not seen yet? I was under the impression that we were completely done with Mat for the season.

Probably footage not shown before. The last scene they filmed before covid break was when Eggs and Nyn met Siuan. I think it was said in the BTS video. Barney didn't come back when the filming continued.

Edited by DaddyFinn

Given it's only 4 women standing in front of an oncoming army, and the blonde's not wearing Red, I think we're getting introduced to a new sister here, who will link with 2 people not yet in the novice book, and a political accepted in order to obliterate said army.

If true, I don't expect it's a disposable sister, and could be either Verin or Cadsuane. Or it is, she dies, and Egwene takes over leading the circle

Edited by Jaysen Gore

2 hours ago, flinn said:

Yep, in the books Rand used the clean saidin from the eye to destroy the army, but I have a feeling that will not happen in the show. They will give that to a woman or women and Rand will be a token.

Nope. Rand is going to have his OP moment. It is necessary to the narrative. However they choose to depict it (personally, I think it will be Rand rescuing the others from Fal Dara), Rand is going to go ham. 

The sheer power of the Dragon is going to be something they want front and center. The audience must understand that the Dragon is to be feared. 

4 hours ago, Elder_Haman said:

Nope. Rand is going to have his OP moment. It is necessary to the narrative. However they choose to depict it (personally, I think it will be Rand rescuing the others from Fal Dara), Rand is going to go ham. 

The sheer power of the Dragon is going to be something they want front and center. The audience must understand that the Dragon is to be feared. 

I think this is what they need to do after Moiraine's comment to Logain about his strength compared to the Dragon Reborn.

1 minute ago, Sabio said:

Seems like the rest of the group does indeed stay behind.  If Rand dies it means Perin can really start flirting with Egwene.

I don't know what about your quote above triggered this thought, but -- 

Spoiler

the "love triangle" also helps to establish a foundation for believing in the later intentional break between Rand and Perrin and the way it goes down.

That is all.

The multiple fades in a quick cut look awesome.  It does seem they will give the killing of the Trolloc army, partially or entirely, to Egwene and Nynaeve and any other channelers they find.  Not a change I mind depending on what they do with Rand at the Eye. 

Having Rand teleport to the Gap and then talk with the Creator(?) was always a bit confusing.

6 minutes ago, Elder_Haman said:

I don't know what about your quote above triggered this thought, but -- 

Reveal hidden contents

the "love triangle" also helps to establish a foundation for believing in the later intentional break between Rand and Perrin and the way it goes down.

That is all.

I'm nauseous already. The unbridled expansion of their world view and baptism by fire tests their friendships, not some juvenile nonsense.  

On 12/19/2021 at 9:14 AM, flinn said:

Yep, in the books Rand used the clean saidin from the eye to destroy the army, but I have a feeling that will not happen in the show. They will give that to a woman or women and Rand will be a token.

Or, more realistically, this gets combined with Falme some and we'll get Rand's fight projected very obviously across the sky for everyone to see which, if the girls handle the gap, will be an inspiration or reason to push harder.

I expect a few things:

(1) Egwene will get stronger - probably with a little training from Amalisa. It's a good way to establish her desire for knowledge.

(2) Nynaeve will encounter her block.

(3) All hope will seem lost

(4) Rand will save the day - at the expense of breaking the first seal and freeing the Forsaken.

2 minutes ago, ManetherenTaveren said:

I'm nauseous already. The unbridled expansion of their world view and baptism by fire tests their friendships, not some juvenile nonsense.  

What? I'm talking about a very specific plot point between Rand and Perrin.

Spoiler

Rand convinces everyone that he and Perrin have had an argument and that Perrin is no longer allowed in his sight. This was a ruse. 

Portraying early tension between Rand and Perrin serves that plot point.