DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The Show ROCKS!!!!!

WalterKohl

5 hours ago, Kudzu said:

Loved the banter between Rand and Mat in episode three.

From memory so not 100% accurate.

R: Mat, the man who once walked while a little chilly.

M: You're funny now! That's a new wrinkle.

R: All roads lead to Tar Valon.

M: That's not how roads work.

R: Come on, we'll take turns.

M: Do you think she'll be up for it?

The banter between the two of them was just fantastic

Now that E4 has dropped, I hope this thread gets lite up again.  My likes for E4 are

-Representation of saidin is pretty cool and I really liked the way they showed the taint as a layer on the source.

-Nynaeve and Lan budding romance.  As annoying as she is in the book, they're story is a great one

-The shield on Logain as a lace (though not a fine lace) as accurate as anything

Still waiting for Loial!!

I've probably mentioned this before - but every episode has enough extra detail to it that even after a couple of viewings there are still things that I only find from other people breakdowns.  I think it is another mark of a good show that can be both simple, nuanced and sophisticated at the same time - at least in its look & design.    Almost as if watching the show was in itself watching Daes Dae'mar in action.

Edited by ArrylT

I am counting down the days till episode 5.

Also finally figured out how toget to the shorts on the Xray thingy, on a tablet, because our tv did not respond to showing it at all. I like how they did that, the little background info. I think I also like dthe art style, but I watched it mostly for the info. My guy did not watch it, but gained a bit more knowledge by just listening to it. So that's good ?

He still has theories and ideas. I am still not allowed to confirm or deny any of it.

Edited by Daenelia
Edit for typo. The R and the T are worn away on my keyboard, but that is no excuse for my typos.

Well, I keep saying that Rand sounds Dutch. (He also 'smiles' Dutch, I can't really explain that, but it's recognisable for me.)

Tbf, the sound quality is not that great, as with most modern tv series. But given that for me all people from the north of England sound the same, for my guy, who actually IS Northern, he can distinguish between very rare, local accents that I just do not hear.

Plus, Thom has a musician's ear. I did not find it that far fetched. It just takes a little more thought that shouting out the first things that pops in one's head.

4 hours ago, Daenelia said:

I am counting down the days till episode 5.

Also finally figured out how toget to the shorts on the Xray thingy, on a tablet, because our tv did not respond to showing it at all. I like how they did that, the little background info. I think I also like dthe art style, but I watched it mostly for the info. My guy did not watch it, but gained a bit more knowledge by just listening to it. So that's good ?

He still has theories and ideas. I am still not allowed to confirm or deny any of it.

hopefully they make those videos more accessible

still can't find them lol and I'm a fan that actually knows about them.  I'd imagine viewership of these shorts is pretty small under this convoluted setup

1 hour ago, Daenelia said:

Well, I keep saying that Rand sounds Dutch. (He also 'smiles' Dutch, I can't really explain that, but it's recognisable for me.)

Tbf, the sound quality is not that great, as with most modern tv series. But given that for me all people from the north of England sound the same, for my guy, who actually IS Northern, he can distinguish between very rare, local accents that I just do not hear.

Plus, Thom has a musician's ear. I did not find it that far fetched. It just takes a little more thought that shouting out the first things that pops in one's head.

I know the comparison is starting to get abused, but in GoT the different accents are quite clear.

The thing is anyway that one should not think "Thom has a musician's ear" to motivate what is shown but it should be clear. As you said, Rand sound for you dutch. In general, Rand ,Mat, Nyn, Eg, and Perrin do not have the same distinctive accent. So, this is one of the little things that make me thing that I am not in a well-crafted fantasy world but I am looking at a costume-play.  

9 minutes ago, fra85uk said:

I know the comparison is starting to get abused, but in GoT the different accents are quite clear.

The thing is anyway that one should not think "Thom has a musician's ear" to motivate what is shown but it should be clear. As you said, Rand sound for you dutch. In general, Rand ,Mat, Nyn, Eg, and Perrin do not have the same distinctive accent. So, this is one of the little things that make me thing that I am not in a well-crafted fantasy world but I am looking at a costume-play.  

The Stark kids were not all doing the same accent, even if they were trying. It was approximately Northern English, kinda, for most. It was not consistent.

Or do you mean that the 'bloody foreigners', as the English term everyone who does not have a discernible British accent, had their accents... the rule being: if they did not look English, they had to sound foreign? ?

(I have British family. I can say these things, lovingly, because I am not British and actually have been called  a bloody foreigner ? the same way I curse tourists in Amsterdam, lovingly.)

Edited by Daenelia

I appreciate your insight but in GoT  i see differences (as an Italian having spent lots of time abroad) 

And so you state, they are at least trying to do different accents (imho Sansa sounds a little bit too posh anyway).

Also, there is a distinct difference in accent between nobles and peasants in Got, again something not done in WoT.

4 hours ago, DojoToad said:

Funny how I can react to some posts in this thread and not others.  Never seen that before.

image.png.0023e8db81a00f63b8a985e8f18bbb28.png

It's a new special feature just for you Toad. I know it feels like random glitches but I assure you its a present just for you. <.< 

Lol but that's weird. Is it only affecting this thread or some others?

This is the thread I really need. Oh my goodness!! The show is amazing. Things I love so far:

1. Can't talk enough about Lan/Moiraine chemistry. The Bond is REAL, man. I can't even..... *fangirling again in the corner* OK, I'm sane now. 

2. The Manetheren song, and the speech afterwards. Lan talking about where he came from. Thom talking about his nephew. I so appreciate that they take time for back stories, even when it means minutes of talking. 

3. The opening with threads and weaving. I don't know if they're going to explain the whole ta'veren or weavings of the wheels later, but the opening is perfect to prepare for that. 

4. Saidin. The portrayal of the taint and the madness is awesome.