DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Interviews and News Articles

WhiteVeils

47 minutes ago, MasterAblar said:

"But the messy ending, some inexplicable changes to the backstory and the feeling that the show is making changes where they're not needed and not making changes where they are needed continue to make the series feel uneven."

Pretty accurate.

Part of me wonders if this is why season 2 got greenlit early with the runtime/number of episodes being a clear point for them to consider.

This is an interesting article regarding Zodiac signs and Wheel of Time characters. Since I was born under the Libra sign, I was pleased to see my most favorite character in all of fiction was also designated as a Libra by the writer of this article. 

Which The Wheel Of Time Character Are You Based On Your Zodiac Sign?

1 hour ago, GanoesParan said:

This is an interesting article regarding Zodiac signs and Wheel of Time characters. Since I was born under the Libra sign, I was pleased to see my most favorite character in all of fiction was also designated as a Libra by the writer of this article. 

Which The Wheel Of Time Character Are You Based On Your Zodiac Sign?

I'm a scorpio so I'm very happy with Min. I don't even believe in the Zodiac signs ?

Edited by DaddyFinn
Good to see other Rand lovers

‘The Witcher’ Tops Parrot’s Digital Originals Chart, Pushing ‘Wheel of Time’ to No. 2

Digital_original_chart-12.24.21-e1640774333318.jpg

Amazon Prime Video’s “The Wheel of Time” dropped to No. 2 on the digital originals chart after three weeks in the top spot. Based on a series of fantasy novels, the show had 46 times the demand of an average series during the week after a 6.2% gain in demand expressions. “The Wheel of Time” was No. 5 on the list of overall TV shows.

https://www.cbr.com/the-wheel-of-times-least-popular-love-interests-wont-be-cut/

Why do they think they need this to be a romance? ?‍♂️

How long after killing his wife did it take Perrin to start sniffing around Egwene?

Also it's not like he's lacking in romantic interests in the books

Spoiler

Eg: Faile and Berelain

Edited by SingleMort

5 minutes ago, SingleMort said:

https://www.cbr.com/the-wheel-of-times-least-popular-love-interests-wont-be-cut/

How long after killing his wife did it take Perrin to start sniffing around Egwene?

Hide contents

Wow…

It may have shown up in other interviews but this is the first time I’ve ever seen Rafe confirm that it is a question of romantic love.  I thought it was generally poorly done but if they had tried to explain it off as fraternal love or some sort of protector relationship it wouldn’t have been as bad.  He’s just doubling down on the dumb ideas, huh?

Edited by Mirefox

1 hour ago, Mirefox said:

Wow…

It may have shown up in other interviews but this is the first time I’ve ever seen Rafe confirm that it is a question of romantic love.  I thought it was generally poorly done but if they had tried to explain it off as fraternal love or some sort of protector relationship it wouldn’t have been as bad.  He’s just doubling down on the dumb ideas, huh?

1 hour ago, SingleMort said:

Reveal hidden contents

Sorry where did he say there is a romance? He said the viewers are meant to be questioning whether Perrin has feelings for her. 

13 hours ago, GanoesParan said:

The really surprising one for me there is marvels Daredevil, although his cameo in spiderman might be the cause of that. Indictaes that Disney are right to be doing a 4th season on disney plus

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/wheel-of-time-showrunner-interview-1235051283/

Not sure if this one has been posted but a few interesting points that indicate Rafes thinking behind certain aspects. I fully agree that the Aes Sedai needed to be introduced fully in season 1. I also understand that if you focus on Rand for winters night then, as he says, you don't really get an introduction to the other characters (Mat is my fav character in the books but really he didn't click for me until about book 4 first time of reading). 

I still think Eomonds Field could have done with a slightly longer slower intro. 

3 hours ago, Mirefox said:

Wow…

The thought I had after watching episode 8 - it wasn't his love for Egwene that Perrin gave up on when Rand and she were betrothed. It was his love for Rand. Because, reasons.

3 hours ago, Ralph said:

People who disliked the show because of the changes - look away now... 

https://gizmodo.com/the-wheel-of-time-tv-series-works-because-of-the-change-1848281234

Apologies if posted already - I hadn't seen it

Not sure I can think of any other adaptation of a book, game or other material where the people making the adaptation have said if you like the source material the adapation is not for you. ?

Edited by SingleMort

2 hours ago, Ralph said:

https://gizmodo.com/the-wheel-of-time-tv-series-works-because-of-the-change-1848281234

The funny thing is that if you read the article they heavily trash the show(acting, cgi, dialogue etc) but all is good anyway because of the "message"

4 hours ago, Ralph said:

The Wheel of Timeshow has modernized, streamlined, and focused the sprawling, byzantine, and more-than-occasionally problematic narrative told by Jordan in the massive 14-book series.

That doesn’t even make sense. None of that describes the 1st book which is what most of the 1st season is based on. 

The 1st book is the opposite as it’s entirely told from Rand point of view (or nearly so).