DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Which Forsaken make the cut?

Pandemonium

1 hour ago, Sabio said:

I would say it would be unlikely a forsaken could ever redeem themselves,  Even Asmo is responsible tens of thousands of deaths, it simply goes against the nature of the people picked to be chosen.

that's the darth vader question right there. except Vader killed more people than any forsaken could

20 minutes ago, Pandemonium said:

that's the darth vader question right there. except Vader killed more people than any forsaken could

Psssh. If you check the numbers, Vader's killing on screen all retail. Vader's son probably killed more than he ever did - just because the voices in his head told him to. Hmm. " In the 5th age, an age long past, and age yet to come, a wind rose on the salt flats of Tattooine..." 

As for Forsaken, there's at least 2 city level obliterations tied to Forsaken, so at least 2 of them have body counts in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, in the Age of Legends

4 hours ago, Jaysen Gore said:

Psssh. If you check the numbers, Vader's killing on screen all retail. Vader's son probably killed more than he ever did - just because the voices in his head told him to. Hmm. " In the 5th age, an age long past, and age yet to come, a wind rose on the salt flats of Tattooine..." 

As for Forsaken, there's at least 2 city level obliterations tied to Forsaken, so at least 2 of them have body counts in the hundreds of thousands, if not millions, in the Age of Legends

maybe star wars is the 4th age.  But until we get a death star in wheel of time I'm not sure the murder count can ever be on that planetary scale.

I think the most likely to make the cut are Ishamael (literally already mentioned and shown ;)), Lanfear, Asmodean, Graendal (since she killed Asmodean and plays a big role with the mind control stuff later), Moghidien, and Demandred.

I honestly don't remember what the rest of them do in the books other than Rahvin fighting Rand for like 10 minutes in book 5. 

I don't think they'll cut any of the Forsaken, more likely they'll cut some of the lesser Darkfriends if they need to free up time. They need a fair amount alive for the last battle but they also need some to die throughout the series to give the light some wins, the only way that really works is if they keep all 13.

For season one I'm pretty sure Ishamael is all we'll see in person, I think they'll have Balthamel and Aginor still sealed. I'm guessing that Ishamael tricks Rand into breaking the seal at the Eye and releasing them. I could also see them moving the whole "I killed the Dark One", "the Dark One wouldn't have a body" discussion forward to the season one ending.

Edited by AusLeviathan

13 minutes ago, Sabio said:

About half the Forsaken seemed to just show up to die to Rand shortly after.

Samuel seems likes a cut.  There is no point to waste valuable screen time on another fight in SL where he is eaten by Mashadar.  Plus what did Sammael really do?  we don't need another monarch forsaken, another blademaster forsaken, or someone to spread chaos with the Shaido.  the shaido need to be done after dumais wells.  

Edited by Pandemonium

Here is the image of all 8 forsaken statues in Stepins room.

From left to right are my assumptions.

Mogehdeian, as there seems to be spiderweb pattern on her dress

Semirhage, no direct reason

Sammael, short, beared and appears to have a scar.

Ishmmael, Stepin seemed to indicate taht is the case

Lanfear, belt seems to be something she would wear

Asmodean, holding a guitar

Demandred, no direct reason

Graendal, ..... reasons

FFpZ8m_UYAAOSAT.jpg large.jpg

24 minutes ago, Skipp said:

Graendal, ..... reasons

i'd switch Semirhage and Lanfear. 

I think the outfit of the 2nd female statue doesn't look 'professional' enough for the greatest physician.  

secondly, Graendal is shown with an elongated neck with choker necklace.  she was deemed to be a beauty, but like a trashy beauty.  Lanfear was a real beauty.  the second statue has a longer, more graceful neck and features, you can even see the carver included detail of the pelvic triangle.  She looks more alien to us because of the longer neck but that may have been the fashion of the time.  

and Semirhage didn't care about fashion.  the 5th statue seems to be holding some kind of lozenge shaped tool, maybe a ter'angeal

Edited by Canukistani

It will be interesting to see if those are now the only Forsaken the series will have now.  If so it means serious changes are coming since most the Forsaken who die first will be gone.

Also notice the Moghi one seems to be lurking behind the others.  #5 is Lanfear, that seems to be the one clearly meant to show attractiveness.

10 hours ago, Skipp said:

Graendal, ..... reasons

Well done! I think you're right for all except perhaps Demandred. Could that be Aginor or Balthy? Maybe we'll see before season 1 is out?!

12 hours ago, Canukistani said:

i'd switch Semirhage and Lanfear. 

I think the outfit of the 2nd female statue doesn't look 'professional' enough for the greatest physician.  

<snip> 
and Semirhage didn't care about fashion.  the 5th statue seems to be holding some kind of lozenge shaped tool, maybe a ter'angeal

I think that's Mesaana the teacher and not Semirhage. 

The main reason I think that is because they'd be Ishy, Lanfear, Sammael, Graendal, Demandred, Mesaana, Moggy, and Asmodean because they're the 8 who play the biggest role in the plot. The other 5 aren't really important other than signposts on the journey of the DR, and probably won't be seen in 7 episodes between them.

3 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

That was Tarkin, not Vader. I'm talking about direct personal action.

I see.   Vader bears as much  responsibility there as anyone even if his finger wasn't directly on the trigger.  Vader enforced the plans, used slave labor, protected the defenses, and directly carried out the Emperors mandates knowing that a weapon capable of planetary destruction was being constructed 

7 minutes ago, Jaysen Gore said:

I think that's Mesaana the teacher and not Semirhage. 

The main reason I think that is because they'd be Ishy, Lanfear, Sammael, Graendal, Demandred, Mesaana, Moggy, and Asmodean because they're the 8 who play the biggest role in the plot. The other 5 aren't really important other than signposts on the journey of the DR, and probably won't be seen in 7 episodes between them.

Ohh think you're right, that one does sort of have a teacher quality about it.