DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Am I the only one who thinks the show looks bad?

swollymammoth

59 minutes ago, TheMountain said:

I watched and enjoyed them as a kid, back when I wasn't such a film critic. Now they hold a special nostalgic place in my heart, though I definitely see why some people don't like them.

I mean its a multitude of things including taking the best sci-fi villain in history and making his story arc ... creepy annoying kid - becomes creepy annoying angsty teen - then becomes angsty NOOOOOOOOO. lol

I don't like all of the star wars franchise. I used to like them as a child, but growing up, I'm finding the whole plot and setting kinda stupid.

I also quickly lost interest in the whole marvel/dc universe; the whole plots hinge on poorly explained macguffins and feels like it's just an excuse to see people with superpowers beating each other up. Dragonball was more coherent.

and finally, i didn't like GoT either. not that i watched more than half an episode by accident, but it's way too grimdark for my tastes. But I have no specific complaints about its quality here, just that it doesn't match my tastes.

Now you can all stop bickering and gang up on me.

But not too hard, or I'll post a link to the holiday special.

but my general unpleasability is auspicious here, because if i didn't like some of the greatest hits of our time, and yet i am liking almost everything i'm seeing of this show... then there is hope.

3 minutes ago, king of nowhere said:

Now you can all stop bickering and gang up on me.

But not too hard, or I'll post a link to the holiday special.

Hush you. That things a classic. 

A classic what...well its not to be said in polite company.

3 minutes ago, JenniferL said:

The last ten posts are about Star Wars. Does that mean everyone has completed the discussion here? If so, I’ll close the thread. 

Naw we'll roll right back to Wheel. ? 

1 hour ago, JenniferL said:

The last ten posts are about Star Wars. Does that mean everyone has completed the discussion here? If so, I’ll close the thread. 

Please don't. I for one thought the previous thread closure was a bit premature...

Also, is there some rule that threads need to be closed after a day of low activity or off-topic discussion?

Edited by TheMountain

8 minutes ago, TheMountain said:

Please don't. I for one thought the previous thread closure was a bit premature...

Also, is there some rule that threads need to be closed after a day of low activity or off-topic discussion?

I would say no on the first and yes on the second.  This is about WoT, go down your rabbit trails but bring it back around quickly...

• Community Administrator
19 minutes ago, TheMountain said:

Threads aren't closed after low activity, but they can be closed for innumerable reasons.
Threads can and will be split when they go to far off topic, or closed if it devolves into fighting.

Right now, I'm not to worried about topics straying and meandering.

When things pick up, and we get more posts from more people, expect to see reminders like "Stay on topic and/or create a new thread".

It's generally good forum etiquette to have 1 thread for 1 topic, instead of 30 threads, for 1 topic. It's easier for people to jump in and discuss a topic if we do it that way... Otherwise you get a scenario where the thread goes from talking about the type of Roofing used in the Two Rivers, and by page 30 of that thread, they're talking about Quantum Entanglement and the One Power.

You realize, of course, that turning this thread into a discussion of moderation policy isn’t really making a case that you need it. We have several threads for trailer/ promo reactions. No one is being deprived if we start closing some of the duplicates that have wandered off topic. 

25 minutes ago, JenniferL said:

You realize, of course, that turning this thread into a discussion of moderation policy isn’t really making a case that you need it. We have several threads for trailer/ promo reactions. No one is being deprived if we start closing some of the duplicates that have wandered off topic. 

I'm just reacting to your (I believe) heavy-handed approach to the leak thread, and don't want to see that crop up everywhere. Sarah saying "don't believe everything you read" (paraphrasing) is not confirmation of the leak being false, and locking it up right away was just a bad look.

I thought there was some good discussion going on in this thread, albeit a bit derailed by the Star Wars talk. Now it's practically imploded though with the talk of closing it, so whatever.

Edited by TheMountain

Yall lets keep this to the thread topic and take the moderation discussion to PM/Email. 

Cuz technically if this becomes a discussion about moderation it departs the topic and well...becomes lockable lol.

Edited by CaddySedai