DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Chitter Chatter Spring Edition (2021)

Ryrin

Lady, I love pho! My oldest son’s fiancé is Chinese and we had it.

It’s good to have nice people around you at work. I hope you got some rest.

James, have a fun trip. I want to hear about it when you get back.

I did! We got through State Testing with minimal insanity (if you count half the computers deciding they didn't want to log kids into the test for almost an hour at the beginning of the ACT minimal insanity.... which I do). The second night we went to an excellent Mexican restaurant and stayed out late talking for hours as a group. ? 

Now we're down to 8 lesson days left in the school year and I'm just trying to make sure all my students complete their final papers and exams and pass. 

At least inside our house is pretty calm. My son has already finished five of his classes early, and all he has left is a unit test and his final exam for Geometry, and he will be done with all of his Sophomore classes. 

The house improvement/customization projects continue. We got the back yard divided up into the sitting area/dog area, and the larger part of the yard where I want to put up a large trampoline, the shed, and do some gardening (without the dogs destroying my plants). It also has room for lawn games. My husband built the cutest little dividing fence with lattice and it really defines our covered porch area nicely as well. 

We were very fortunate that last week's epic hail storm missed us. I have several friends who had cars totaled, roofs ruined, windows broken on their houses, and a variety of yard items busted (the top end of hail was 4-5 inches in diameter. It was huge!). It went south of us so all we got was rain. 

Yes, we will also be looking at home improvement projects.

I had an MRI of my left knee. I have lateral and medial tears in my meniscus. We will be moving soon and then my sister and brother in law are coming to visit. Plus hand surgeries. Ugh.

On 5/3/2021 at 10:17 PM, Ryrin said:

James, have a fun trip. I want to hear about it when you get back.

We had a lovely time. My wife and I flew to Atlanta, my first time away from home since Before. But we're vaxxed up and masked up, and all went smoothly. 

On Friday my wife attended a women's-only luncheon. I took the time to myself to visit the zoo, browse a bookstore (found an Epictetus work I've been looking for) and had a shrimp poboy for lunch.

Friday evening was a nice dinner at our friends' home with the wedding party and extended family. 

On Saturday my wife and I worked out in the hotel's fitness center, then spent the day strolling around the shops in downtown Decatur (where our friends live), noshing on ice cream and poking in tiny art galleries.

Saturday evening was the wedding itself. The young couple were supposed to get married last April, but of course you know what happened. They went ahead and married in a tiny ceremony, and this was the main event, so they had the unique experience of having their big wedding on their one-year anniversary.  Afterwards was an evening of eating, drinking, and watching the young kids dance up a storm.

Sunday we went to a brunch at our friend's home which they hosted as a way for out-of-towner friends to visit. We then drove to the airport Sunday evening, dropped off the rental car, and checked into a hotel. Our flight home was early Monday morning so we didn't want to be rushed. We got home mid-afternoon glad we went but happy to be home.

• 2 weeks later...

Sharing what we framed and hung this evening with folks who will appreciate. ?

This is the wall you see when you walk into our house and turn immediately left into the Living Room. (The computer you see is my work space where I spend most of my day). 

WheelofTimeArtCollection.jpg

@Merena Yes! These are the Ariel Burgess transformation posters (of the Emonds Fielders, Lan, and Nynaeve), that were for sale on Ta'veren Tees when the site was still up. They don't make them anymore. I bought them all before the store closed down, and have just now finally gotten them all framed and up. ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So happy in our new home! We are swimming a lot. 

We had a visit from my sister and brother in law. We went to Big Sur, Sequoia National Forest, and Bass Lake. We had such a good time my sister is coming back on 9/9! 

I have a few boxes to unpack and a bit of organizing to do. 

I’ve been reading a lot, swimming, and spending time with my dogs.

Such beautiful places to visit! And I'm glad you love your new home.

Big Sur and Point Lobos are my parents favorite spots in all of California. They have photos (My Mom took) and several paintings of those spots along the coast hanging in their home that I've grown up with. Including a (more recently acquired) high-quality museum print off the original of Albert Bierstadt's Point Lobos painting with the Seal. 

I have never been to either spot, but they're on my 'must go' list whenever we finally do a family road trip up the West Coast. 

Edited by LadyWordsmith

21 minutes ago, LadyWordsmith said:

Such beautiful places to visit! And I'm glad you love your new home.

Big Sur and Point Lobos are my parents favorite spots in all of California. They have photos (My Mom took) and several paintings of those spots along the coast hanging in their home that I've grown up with. Including a (more recently acquired) high-quality museum print off the original of Albert Bierstadt's Point Lobos painting with the Seal. 

I have never been to either spot, but they're on my 'must go' list whenever we finally do a family road trip up the West Coast. 

I used to live about 45 minutes from Point Lobos. We stayed and watched the sunset over the ocean and deer were coming out. It is one of the most beautiful places on earth, I think.

We loved China Cove. 

image.thumb.jpeg.e66790264530bffd846f0d11c0a75ff4.jpeg