DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Tam AlThor’s family

jsbrads

My guess they are dead.  What we know of Tam is born 940, ran away from home in 956, returned to the Two Rivers 978.   So if last battle happens in 999 Tam was almost 60.  My guess is his parents might of died sometime after he left the Two Rivers or shortly after returning, most than likely before Nyn became Wisdom.  All the companion says about his family was Tam was born to a sheepherding family.  Kari was an outsider so her family wouldn't of been around.  

So if say his parents were 20 when they had Tam, that would mean born 920, Tam returns in 978.  So they would already of been at least 58 when he returned, early 60's if they had Tam later.  In those times it's probably not uncommon for people to die in their early 60's.

You are assuming that his parents had brothers and sisters.  Rand never mentions or thinks of any family other than Tam and Kari, until he learns about Tigraine and Galad being his birth mother and brother, but Galad being his half brother never really matters in the story.  They don't even talk ever I don't think.  

Yes, but it stretches the imagination that a farming village would include a family with only one child, that child is male, generation after generation. And although not as close a relation, his grandmother and great grandmother were only children as well?