A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter week 2018] Mafia game thread

Sooh

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Zanatron said:

This is weird atp if Iron is Town he'd have to assume Clov who hates bussing is bussing Tress?!?!?!

I dunno.....

your missing two things   

1 Marsh may not know clov doesnt like bussing

2 Just because Clov doesnt like bussing doesnt neccesarily mean he wont do it

8 minutes ago, dicetosser1 said:
  8 hours ago, Zanatron said:

This is weird atp if Iron is Town he'd have to assume Clov who hates bussing is bussing Tress?!?!?!

I dunno.....

your missing two things   

1 Marsh may not know clov doesnt like bussing

2 Just because Clov doesnt like bussing doesnt neccesarily mean he wont do it

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, Hallia said:

I think there is likely a scum on the train, hence what I said that you quoted about Marsh

I also said my town reads atm which are You, Dice, Verb, and Clov

Marsh is the only real scum read atm, but I feel like anyone really could possibly be the other one

Do you think Marsh is scum because he was on the lynch, or do you think he's scum for other reasons and he happens to have voted there?

Can you talk to me about Dice?  He's someone I felt seemed townie enough early on, but I've got a decent number of people I feel more strongly about, and he's just kind of existed most of this game (which really could be said for a lot of people, so it's not like it's ONLY Dice)

2 hours ago, Zanatron said:

Sorry !*it got crazy at work...heading home now. 

Not sure when night ends  and havent got to finish reread.

Ive i get deaded im still not swayed too much from the last list i posted

Hallia

Chris

Verb/Dice/Kat/Lessa/Iron

If Im wrong on Chris that should prolly clear Verb and to a lesser extent Nessa and maybe Dice.

I know thats not overly helpful but its where I'm currently at.

If I'm alive with the flip in hand ill finish reread and see if i need to reevaluate.

Remind me about why you're feeling most positively about Hallia?  I have reasons to believe my reasons for feeling good about her weren't right.  If we're going solely on her gameplay, I don't really see an argument for her being that strong of a town read - or scum read, for that matter.  

With Verbal flipping town, I think that's probably a good sign for her... I don't know that she would white knight him over something basically meaningless and just kind of double down on him two or three times for no reason.  I'm still not sure what she saw there, but I get the impression she believes it.   I'm just nowhere near as confident as you.

Also, is the last tier ordered or just whatever?  If it's ordered, Iron being last has me scratching my head.  I would have expected you to put Kat there based on how much you've talked about her, and it seemed like you were beginning to come around on him.  Not really sure what you were getting at with the signature stuff.  I get that a lot of his reads have been thin, but he hasn't been around much at all (could be lurking on purpose, I guess) and it's not like there's been a TON to dig into.  I thought his re-evaluation on me seemed okay, though I don't think he ever answered me on what he misread/misinterpreted.

On 31/07/2018 at 12:41 PM, Ironeyes said:

Just tone so far. It'll take me a little longer to get enough evidence to back up (or refute) my initial impressions. 

Wtl probably anyone who isn't Zander, Dice, me, or Verb

Did anybody bother to read Cory's analysis or Iron in Irons siggy?!?!?!?

On 31/07/2018 at 1:23 PM, Clovdyx said:

I wasn't sus of him until that post where he apparently doesn't understand a really basic concept.  I just saw no reason to feel good about him.  His only content was fos Hallia and townreading me, neither of which felt... anything, the.  He's just there. 

I'm really damn good at this game.  I can't read people that aren't posting, especially when my D1 approach is basically "do they believe what they're saying" + meta.

In hindsight of Verbs flip what does that do for your reads on each player?

On 31/07/2018 at 1:39 PM, Katiora said:

a good question... i don't know. :sad: 

Zander will want to kill me now lol since I posted the dreaded light salmon hehehe

but honestly...  you know how much I hate D1. Verb is pushing you because I don't really understand why?? I guess I just don't see what he sees. I don't see mine and your discussion yesterday as you pushing me?? IDK. Didn't seem like that big of a deal *shrugs* I never really thought you thought I was scum.. Everyone just thinks that I"m defensive about stuff I'm not really defensive about? idk. This happens literally every game now. I don't think that as scum you would even approach me about it. Though idk. I don't know the last time I played with you as scum lol 

I really want to think you and Zander are town. I do. I JUST DO. I mean I don't really think it... but i want to. But I tinfoil both of you SOOOOOO bad. 

Everyone else here. Dice has been kinda quiet and agreeable. I don't know what to think of that. last few games where he's been true town he's been kinda beligerant lol 

Everyone else here really hasn't given me enough to think about. Right now I probably don't want to lynch you, zander or verb just because IF you're town you will add a lot. And if you're not you won't get NK'd lol And I'll be more suspicious of you. 

Hallia is quiet but that's become her new normal the past few games. ehhh IDK. I'd like to see who starts pushing who and for what reasons. I don't love Verb's push on you so far. Your thing with tress was kinda meh.... I didn't have the problems with it everyone else did I think because I actually read your posts up to that point?? lol I mean you literally said " I don't care who gets lynched but I want it to be one of these three" then randomly posted one. I don't think that's inherently scummy on a day as short as this. Something has to get things rolling. *shrugs* 

but to answer your question. I don't know. lol I'm hoping I have at least an idea soon. I should probably re-read the thread while it's short. 

You address Verbs reason for sussing Chris which in par5 was his interaction with you but iirc umless I mixing something up in my head Iron took issue with the same thing yet I dont recall you addressing that.

Thoughts on Iron and why you didnt mention that?  Please correct me it i missed you doing that or do upon my reread.

1 minute ago, Clovdyx said:

Remind me about why you're feeling most positively about Hallia?  I have reasons to believe my reasons for feeling good about her weren't right.  If we're going solely on her gameplay, I don't really see an argument for her being that strong of a town read - or scum read, for that matter.  

With Verbal flipping town, I think that's probably a good sign for her... I don't know that she would white knight him over something basically meaningless and just kind of double down on him two or three times for no reason.  I'm still not sure what she saw there, but I get the impression she believes it.   I'm just nowhere near as confident as you.

Also, is the last tier ordered or just whatever?  If it's ordered, Iron being last has me scratching my head.  I would have expected you to put Kat there based on how much you've talked about her, and it seemed like you were beginning to come around on him.  Not really sure what you were getting at with the signature stuff.  I get that a lot of his reads have been thin, but he hasn't been around much at all (could be lurking on purpose, I guess) and it's not like there's been a TON to dig into.  I thought his re-evaluation on me seemed okay, though I don't think he ever answered me on what he misread/misinterpreted.

My Hallia read was NOT based on gameplay.  Tho her play hasn't been alarming thus far.

Last line isnt ordered yet.  Its my primary PoE upon completion of my reread with now seeing Verbs flip.

3 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

Did anybody bother to read Cory's analysis or Iron in Irons siggy?!?!?!?

Is it bad if I pulled up the database to check my memory of Iron's play against Cory's take, and the big takeaway I came away with is "Iron isn't likely to be NK'ed so he might actually be mafia"?  

I know I've seen him play as town multiple times, but I really don't remember it.  Sailor Moon and Tainted Minds to a lesser degree are the games that stick out to me (both scum), and I remember being pretty impressed.  I thought he did well in both.  I'm...not really feeling that here.

4 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

My Hallia read was NOT based on gameplay.  Tho her play hasn't been alarming thus far.

Last line isnt ordered yet.  Its my primary PoE upon completion of my reread with now seeing Verbs flip.

That's what I figured, and that's what I was going on for her, and it appears I was... not right. :dry::dry::dry: 

On 31/07/2018 at 2:07 PM, Hallia said:

Yeah, actually - I don't see his response to me as being bad, and the stuff during catch up I see that he isn't just immediately tossing you a town read for your involvement, I like it.

Well then v.v alas  (i still appreciate you)

I can see how it might read as defensive.  I was tired last night, feeling better today.  I'll be here for the next half hour.

Town reads mostly lie in Verb, Clov, and Zander.  

also @Katiora  it really isn't my new normal, I'm typically low, though I would say on average my posts have gone up from like two years ago?

Hallia 2 questions:

Have your Town reads changed and who are your Scum leads and why please?!?!?

1 minute ago, Clovdyx said:

That's what I figured, and that's what I was going on for her, and it appears I was... not right. :dry::dry::dry: 

Sorry the wording here is slightly confusing me....are you saying you werent right because you didnt think she was Town and didnt think she was Town for the reason I did?

On 31/07/2018 at 2:26 PM, Hallia said:

Adding Dice to town reads, he seems genuinely happy and engaged

Meh dont know I agree with your reasoning here.  Not saying I completely disagree with the read but i don't see the sane reasoning at all.

On 31/07/2018 at 2:25 PM, Ironeyes said:

We're off the record for a few minutes, so I'll go back and read it again. I may have just done a stupid since I had woken up like 10 minutes prior 

On 31/07/2018 at 2:31 PM, Ironeyes said:

I think this is what threw me. I only read the first couple words and formed a conclusion automatically 

I cant tell if this is genuine Towny oops or a bad Scummy backtrack.  I want to believe the former ...

3 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

Sorry the wording here is slightly confusing me....are you saying you werent right because you didnt think she was Town and didnt think she was Town for the reason I did?

I'm saying I thought you were hinting masons, hence "having reasons" to trust her.  With him flipping mason, obviously the pairing isn't you/her. 

Obviously that doesn't necessarily mean I was wrong about her being town, but my reasoning clearly wasn't right.

On 31/07/2018 at 4:18 PM, Verbal32 said:

As decent as somebody who hasn't played on the site in prob 6 months can, sure.  Nobody has jumped out as obvious town to me, and Clov jumped out as I pointed out.

Why thank you for pointing that out, you saved me from having to google it.

Wait.....are you talking about the POE thing?  Hold on, let me do a little homework.  Back in a few.

On 31/07/2018 at 4:38 PM, Verbal32 said:

Sorry, that posted is more clogged up than I expected.

tl;dr = 

- I suss Hallia

- Clov susses me and then puts me in a WTL (after talking about he didn't feel any way about anybody)

- I suss Clov and vote him

- Clov says he sussed me after I didn't understand POE, which is not true and I showed it above

My vote stays on Clov today.

Well we know at least Verb believed he was right but is he???

Im leaning no but theres things making me doubt somewhat.

Gth id still guess Chris is prolly Town atp but my read obv is a little less then yesterday.

7 hours ago, Clovdyx said:

I still feel good about you, and I actuslly feel even better about Kat.  Lolme if I'm wrong

I liked Iron's EOD a bit, so I'd move him up.   I kind of want to call Hallia town for reasons Which would Verb, Dice, and Lessa.

Gut days the last few minutes of Eod are different if it'd exactly dice/Verb, so maybe start with Lessa? 

@Zanatron

2 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

I'm saying I thought you were hinting masons, hence "having reasons" to trust her.  With him flipping mason, obviously the pairing isn't you/her. 

Obviously that doesn't necessarily mean I was wrong about her being town, but my reasoning clearly wasn't right.

Ok that's not what I got from your post.  But I had reason to think that you were half right here from what i saw.