DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[Harry Potter week 2018] Mafia game thread

Sooh

2 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

Sweeeeeeet tyvm for clearing that up....i cant stop eating the package of tinfoil.... lololololol

Hey, you know I don't care if people aren't clearing me.  I don't care if people are suspicious of me.  I care whether or not people are honest.  I have no problem believing that you might be hesitant to right me off because I know how much you respect my game.  I had a hard believing "I feel good about players 1, 2, 3, 4... I'll lynch the rest" was something Verb struggled with.

• Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 31/07/2018 at 5:45 PM, Clovdyx said:

I'm here.

Not going Zander/Kat/Dice.

Don't want to go Iron/Lessa.  I'm not going to strongly argue against any of them, but barring a counterwagon on one of the those three/myself, I won't vote there.

I still don't have any strong preference between Tress/Verb.  I'm fine with a Hallia lynch, but between Tress's massive notes with no analysis and Verb pushing based on a POE that I thought was pretty straight forward, I'd prefer one of htem.

2 confirmed Villas and my strongest Town read...sadface.gif

On 31/07/2018 at 5:46 PM, Lessa Nikia said:

Yes I'm still sus of Clov

He responses to Clov seem genuine but I've been wrong before.

Yes I'm here. I'm sorry. Screaming baby not helpful to the process

Im starting to get that feeling like Lessa and Chris are more likely t/w (not in order) as opposed to t/t and i really dont think theyre w/w.

On 31/07/2018 at 5:50 PM, Clovdyx said:

Zander/Iron/whoever: am I just focused on the fact I know Verb is wrong about me, and I think his reasoning sucks?  Because I'll give him credit for going back and fact checking - I sort of skimmed the past couple pages so I don't know how valid his argument was - but beyond that...I'm really not feeling him this game.  And I don't think I've been terrible at reading him.

Granted, it's been a while since I've played with him, so maybe I'm expecting more overlap in our thoughts/styles if he's town than I should be.

Fwiw I agree that Verbs reasoning on you were pretty meh

1 minute ago, dicetosser1 said:

actually i thought verbs reasons was pretty good.

reads

zander

marsh

halli

lessa/kat

clov

am i missing anyone?  

I was referring to his Clov read. There was one post that made me shake my head.

dude i specifically asked you about him remember?

i havent said a lot  his focus on kat out the gate struck me and his posts seem really.....noncommittal.

He feels off to me.

then you have the fact that verb was very clearly after him and look who died. and yes it could be mafia killed him for misdirection but it could also be not that

8 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

I apologize but I dont recall but do you mention any suss on Clov prior to this.....vote?!?!?!?!?!?!

That seems... not right :unsure:  He hasn't gone super in depth that I recall, but he's definitely expressed a lack of trust there

6 minutes ago, dicetosser1 said:

dude i specifically asked you about him remember?

i havent said a lot  his focus on kat out the gate struck me and his posts seem really.....noncommittal.

He feels off to me.

then you have the fact that verb was very clearly after him and look who died. and yes it could be mafia killed him for misdirection but it could also be not that

I laughed. =]

25 minutes ago, dicetosser1 said:

actually i thought verbs reasons was pretty good.

reads

zander

marsh

halli

lessa/kat

clov

am i missing anyone?  

Can you elaborate on anyone?  Marsh and Lessa would be the two I'm most interested in, but anyone really

On 7/31/2018 at 8:30 PM, Clovdyx said:

I have (probably dumb) reasons to feel Dice's vote is more likely from town than mafia, but it's nothing I would absolutely bet the game on.  

Kat's comment was fine.  I wasn't crazy about there being one wagon either, especially considering it was tied 1-1 with half an hour left.  The not voting is... less fine.

Rest I'm pretty much right there with you with.  I'm pretty sure you're town, and I liked Iron's last few hours.  If I had to guess, I'd say it's a clean wagon.  Garbage reasoning says Mafia!Iron is fine not voting Tress there; if it stays ties, it rands and maybe I get lynched.  If it doesn't stay tied, either town!Tress or me get lynched and the end result is basically the same.

Can you explain the bold to me please?!??!

On 7/31/2018 at 8:50 PM, Katiora said:

I didn’t like either train. I sure as heck didnt want to vote clov. At that point with no other viable train and tress pretty much just getting lynched my vote didn’t matter. If I jump on and she’s town it doesn’t look great. If I jump on and she’s scum I could be bussing. I had no case on her. Whether I voted or not there is a case for it being scummy regardless. So why vote? I’ll say this I would have voted her before I would have let Chris get lynched. 

FML

I hate the bold.

I'm town.  Tress was town.

No matter what happened, town was getting mislynched.  He came out of nowhere, hopped on a wagon that was not getting pushed through, with like 1 minute left in the day.  Since then, multiple people have asked him about it.  I don't think anyone would have batted an eye if he hadn't been around - phase change is, what, 6 or 7 in the morning his time? - to vote.  That means he chose to put extra negative attention on himself for literally no gain.

If Tress had flipped mafia, I might be raking Dice over the coals today.  But she didn't.

2 minutes ago, Clovdyx said:

I'm town.  Tress was town.

No matter what happened, town was getting mislynched.  He came out of nowhere, hopped on a wagon that was not getting pushed through, with like 1 minute left in the day.  Since then, multiple people have asked him about it.  I don't think anyone would have batted an eye if he hadn't been around - phase change is, what, 6 or 7 in the morning his time? - to vote.  That means he chose to put extra negative attention on himself for literally no gain.

If Tress had flipped mafia, I might be raking Dice over the coals today.  But she didn't.

@Zanatron do you disagree?

20 hours ago, Hallia said:

The Tress train made no sense whatsoever :/

I don't know if I have stated this here, but with my promotion I literally can't even get online except for like uh, break times, and even then only if I want to walk out to where I can take my phone out :rip:

That being said, I'm here.  Marsh is currently up on the top of my scumdar.

20 hours ago, Hallia said:

I feel like he was just happy to sheep away on the Tress wagon.  I don't see any original thoughts there at all.

Help me Hallia Won Kenobi youre the only one I feel like I can trust...youre my only hope!!!!!

1 minute ago, Clovdyx said:

@Zanatron do you disagree?

No.  That makes sense.  I def dont feel it clears him but again it makes sense. 

Unless your Scum and hes your teammate and he wanted to make sure no funny business takes place....[\spoiler]

16 hours ago, dicetosser1 said:

hmm i kinda like marsh   probably cause hes speaking things i was thinking

Anyone who thinks the same way ad an Aussie isnt right in the head imo....lolololololol

But seriously what are you referring to here?

Like can you show me where hes posting the same stuff you stated youre seeing please?!?!?

7 minutes ago, Zanatron said:

No.  That makes sense.  I def dont feel it clears him but again it makes sense. 

Hide contents

Unless your Scum and hes your teammate and he wanted to make sure no funny business takes place....[\spoiler]

I don't feel it outright clears him, either.  That's why I said I wouldn't bet the game on it.  It can honestly be he saw no harm in voting there as scum, or he wanted to "bluff" it.  It just seems less likely to be that.