DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So I'm Looking to Bond an Asha'man...

In interest of fulfilling the Reds' agreement with the Black Tower to bond Asha'man, I'm looking to bond a Warder with my character Jagen.

She was previously bonded by Aslan/Jakar, but his writer seems to have left DM. So I was given permission to dissolve that bond, which I did ICly by having Jagen and Aslan pass the bond(s) to an NPC Red. Jagen does have interest in being bonded to an Asha'man, however, and not just in interest of keeping her word to do so.

Those who wish to bond need to be willing, of rank, and of course, not bonded already. :)

17 minutes ago, Jagen Sedai said:

... Black Tower to bond Asha'man, I'm looking to bond a Warder with my character Jagen.

You BT folks could also maybe think about how you want to refer to these bonds. It's NOT a Warder bond.

This is true :laugh: Me AND my character have to get out of some traditional thinking, it seems! (Though, I think the Reds very much think of it as a Warder bond, ICly)

Edited by Jagen Sedai

Yeah :smile: ... I think that's less to do with the characters IC and more to do with us as readers OOC'ly lol. We all think bonding and immediately also think Warder. It's hard to break that habit but it's a detail that's bugged me for a long time and I really don't want to detract from the Warders and their unique status.

That's what I've been doing up to now admittedly. We'll see how the Asha'man feel themselves about it because they do also have that similar but different bond available to them for wives. It's nice to be clear who and what we're referring to each time.

@Jagen Sedai I know it's not much help right now, but Merdyn is down to be bonded. Just have to wait till I get him promoted to Asha'man. I'm trying to get him up in the ranks as fast as I can, so if you're still looking to bond someone in a few weeks Merdyn is all yours.

@Taymist I've been meaning to ask this, but for our progress reports, can we check off requirements even if the scene is still going or does the scene have to be closed in order to check off one of your promotion reqs? Like for the free roleplay: I have the scene at the Kitchen with Ful, going to be hitting the 4 post min for that very very soon, but I don't think we're concluding the scene anytime soon?

@Oddpositions If you've met the requirement in terms of content, post and word count, it's considered complete whether or not the RP itself is. :smile: You can go ahead and mark it off. It still requires official approval from Cass as RGL though, so remember after updating/editing your main post, to post again in the same thread so she can easily see a change has been made.

I have to agree, me three. Their relationship within the bond seems much more... equal...and open to learning. I've enjoyed that part so far. Reading some more aMoL at the moment while I have a spare half hour lol.

The way their bond worked was awesome. I wish they had explored that sooner. There's a ton of implications that would be fun to explore. Do either of you know if there are any AS and BT players double bonded in our game? I'd love to go read their RPs (sorry if I'm going off topic.)

Confirming that we don't. We have a couple of Asha'man who are the bondholder and Reds who are the bondholder, at least one Red with multiple BT bondeds ...... but none where they're both bondholder.

I am not opposed to a bond.  However I don't think Nox would much appreciate it.  I can already hear his complaints lol.  

But it's a very much IC thing and I don't want to force anyone down any path so I say wait and see lol, but for you and the others it's a possibility I'm willing to accept.  Nox is glaring at me tho.

• 1 year later...

its not recorded cause jakar bonded jagen, there is no mention in tread of her bonding him 

also there really no reason all of these bonds shouldnt have names

Warders bond is the AS-warder one

wife bond in BT

but you have the souvra bond from the aiel that later spreads

and there so many words in old tounge you can easily keep naming bonds, but really between those are there need for more? well i guess ic they may not yet know of the sibling bond so may need another name for it

however for realistic ness i had jakar take over and he only seen the one bt bond which is why aslan did get knocked on his arse after bonding jagen, cause she was not impressed by him (jakar unbeknown to her) kissing her as he performed the bond

so aslan and jagen thanks to his other asshat personality do share the wife bond, but dont think it would go over well ic to refer to it as suvh

so yeah hm bond name between AS and Ashie, which really is both this times descendants not blood but culture wise of old time AS which had both sisters and brothers - something with dar and din would fit, if they dont know of the aiel way souvra out of bound and batle is taken by warders

tower (n.) – tar

tar'dar and  tar'din

maybe?