DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Who should Rand have chosen as his true one love

Jawcromwell

Not necessarily they wouldn't love him if he wasn't the Dragon reborn, it's more of Elayne and Avi never would of met him to fall in love if he wasn't. There is a chance he still could of met Min one day.  But as a mere sheep herder he never would of met Avi and had he still of tumbled in the garden, once he left he never would of met Elayne again.  It's being the Dragon that allowed them to be around him to know they loved him.

On 2/24/2020 at 4:51 AM, Sabio said:

Not necessarily they wouldn't love him if he wasn't the Dragon reborn, it's more of Elayne and Avi never would of met him to fall in love if he wasn't. There is a chance he still could of met Min one day.  But as a mere sheep herder he never would of met Avi and had he still of tumbled in the garden, once he left he never would of met Elayne again.  It's being the Dragon that allowed them to be around him to know they loved him.

True there is a bigger chance for Min to meet Rand one day but Min wouldn't find Rand attractive when he is a sheep herder. Elayne would probaly find the meeting with Rand interesting because it would be the first time she meet a commoner without having a lot of people around her.

7 hours ago, Bard29 said:

True there is a bigger chance for Min to meet Rand one day but Min wouldn't find Rand attractive when he is a sheep herder. Elayne would probaly find the meeting with Rand interesting because it would be the first time she meet a commoner without having a lot of people around her.

and yet Min constantly reminded Rand he was a sheepherder.  Min loved the man, not the Dragon Reborn, and did everything she could to help him hold onto his humanity and not become lost in the godlike role the Pattern had cast him in. She did become an expert in the DR prophesies, but mostly looking to find a way that he could survive doing what he had to do,

I always viewed them as being different aspects of femininity and Rand being unable to choose between them due to his role as champion of humanity and the author deliberately not wanting a choice between them for that reason.

Girl next door, career woman and beautiful princess.  It was also important as well, as detailed above, that the women chose to hold on to sisterhood above petty jealousy.

On ‎2‎/‎24‎/‎2020 at 3:51 AM, Sabio said:

I think that is the case for Elayne though.

I think Min or Aviendha could love the man Elayne needed the title as well (not putting her down she does become a queen after all)

1st off...1 Remember in Book 1 when Rand saw all of the different realities? 1 of which was living happily ever after w/ Egwene?  So I think that answers the which one Rand would've chosen thing.

2nd, Why does Rand need to choose 1??!!!  I know that in this "Morally" Inept world we need to have monogamy, but seriously if people in the world today could get away w/ 3 "Love interests" and all 3 were cool w/ it wouldn't they? 

Let the boy have 3 Loves...Peace & Love Man!!

Edited by Lancer

18 hours ago, Sabio said:

I don't think Elayne needed a title, but Rand being a commoner would of never been allowed near her and then she would of been off to the White tower.  You saw Morgase having a flings with Bryne and Thom. 

Morgase did so after providing Andor with an heir and Elayne would have had the same consideration.

Who would not choose Min, obviously wish Rand only the worst :).
I like Aviendha, but she admires Rand because of his ability to fight. Rand does not like battle, he is forced to fight by destiny. Aviendha doesn't like Rand as he want to be.

I see nothing at all as love, In the case of Elyane. She use only her words and her thoughts but actions speak differently.

On 2/23/2020 at 8:16 AM, Bard29 said:

Min wouldn't love Rand either if he wasn't the Dragon Reborn, none of them would love Rand if he wasn't the Dragon Reborn.  

Min describes her ideal partner differently, but that doesn't mean she would not like Rand.