DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Brown Ajah History Week: Create Your Own

Eclipse

46c7a5b72cb892c3ed1c728378c87830--welsh-

Brown History Week: Create Your Own

Have you ever wanted to know what it would be like to have your own name beneath an intricate Coat of Arms designated to your family house? Or wield a sword crafted of your own design? Or don the gleaming armor of something you could wear proudly to the battle field? Well look no further. During the middle ages, family crests were used to symbolize houses and forms of power. Weapons would be forged and proffered by solders who would unsheathe them proudly as an extension of their own being. Armors created with such artisan care that knights would ride to war with pride and faith. These were symbols of strength, unity and resolve.

Through time, weapons, armors and crests from this period have intrigued and inspired, conjuring countless ideas, variations and replicas of these most awe inspiring aspects in this pinnacle of history. Now you can too, craft something of this liken to symbolize the very knight within you.

How about creating your very own coat of arms?

Or...

How about creating your very own sword?

Or...
How about creating your very own armor?

Go crazy! Have fun! See what you come up with! And feel free to share with the rest of us! We'd love to see and hear on the hows, whys and ideas that on how you came up with your creations.

Edited by Eclipse

Also of note: Sorry this was a day late in showing up! I was so busy all weekend that I lacked the time to get this started when it was supposed to! Forgive me there. D:

GRAH forgot that photo bucket is dumb now. Get mine up in a bit!

Ah, but we have galleries here on DM!

Shield

Might have put one rose in the center rather than the four things around, but whatevs

gallery_20138_351_5699.png

My weapons:  (I let there be a little bit of embellishment on the bow, and I picked the hammer because it looked like an owl :P )

gallery_20138_351_5491.pnggallery_20138_351_7566.pnggallery_20138_351_18881.png

My staff for when I'm deciding to feel wizardy and cool, or just need a walking stick :P also let there be embellishment here--this is a dazzle staff, not necessarily a fighting staff (or is it...)

gallery_20138_351_9912.png

Finally, armor. Actual, functional, female armor

gallery_20138_351_19127.png

Edited by Aiel Heart

Oooo those look neat. I actually like the crest and the armor. Though honestly, I agree, the armor looks efficient. Gotta be careful with chest plating so it doesn't actually crush your ribcage like a lot of fantasy armors like to portray.

Oh wow Heart, I love yours!

So simple and efficient and elegant!

I'll do mine later on when I get on the PC - I think it's definitely something I could take too long tinkering with though  :laugh:

I'll post the coat of arms I created a couple of weeks ago on another forum (but I think it was on the same site, or one that looks pretty much like it)

post-162-0-45826100-1502822697_thumb.png

The animal was the one that was closest to the wolf <3

It seems that my compy has some problems loading the page for the armour and the weapon, so i'll try again in a bit.

It seems that my compy has some problems loading the page for the armour and the weapon, so i'll try again in a bit.

It is just a white box at first until you choose one of the options, at least for the weapons. Also make sure it's scrolled down all the way because for some reason my computer was having trouble doing that at first on that site.

Something I found amusing for the female armor on the site is that it had the option for whether or not the chest was flat :P 

I wish there had been some sort of coloring in option. Wouldn't have probably been the best work, but it's too white this way :P 

Edited by Aiel Heart

Holy cow Chae! I really like your crest. :D Honestly, it looks a bit Celtic to a point, which I believe for that time frame was prominent for Scottish people. So designs that looked a tad more tribal were seen more then something not. :>

I agree though. Was a tad disappointed that the weapon and armor generators lacked the ability to color as so much could be done when it would come to adding some vibrant color or depth, but with how busy I was, I just lacked the time to find something more substantial, unfortunately. D:

I could load the page today ! woohoo so there are the blades and the weapons. Now using Photoshop to color it all is an awesome idea

I am usually very bad at coloring so this could be some kind of exercise :biggrin:

post-162-0-39804300-1502900432_thumb.jpg

post-162-0-47858700-1502900752_thumb.jpg

(totally not medievally accurate lol but I like the very light armours lol i guess i play too much as a mage :tongue:)

• RP - LEGACY

Wow, you are ready to go. That is awesome, Kyn.

And just in case anyone is interested, I found this one heraldry meanings Heraldry Meanings in case anyone is interested. I was fascinated by the symbols and colors on shields when I was younger. Everything had a meaning, and it is very fascinating.

Wow Kyn you look awesome!

And just in case anyone is interested, I found this one heraldry meanings Heraldry Meanings in case anyone is interested. I was fascinated by the symbols and colors on shields when I was younger. Everything had a meaning, and it is very fascinating.

I can't get mine to save *grumble*

But this was a cool link! I used it to design my shield, elephant for strength, dog for loyalty, castle for protection and dragon for guardian of knowledge!

Wow Kyn you look awesome!

I can't get mine to save *grumble*

I did a screenshot for mine :P

• Elgee locked this topic