DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

Egwene's Previous Lives

Kesiera_Sedai

All of this is true, but remember that in book 13 when Rand comes to the Tower and approaches the Amrylin Seat, he says, "Hello Egwene...you've played your part well." To me that sounds like Lews Therin recognized Egwene for who she'd been...

This mostly means that Rand needed to get the leaders of nations together and didn't have the time to do it himself. He got her worked up and got her to do it for him.

He needed them for the most part willingly agree, he probably could of forced Tear and Illian to agree with him.  The only real issue would of been Elayne.  But it means more and is more likely to be enforced if all the leaders willingly accept the deal.  So he manipulated Egwene to do the hard part of bringing all the people who might cause problems.

He needed them for the most part willingly agree, he probably could of forced Tear and Illian to agree with him. The only real issue would of been Elayne. But it means more and is more likely to be enforced if all the leaders willingly accept the deal. So he manipulated Egwene to do the hard part of bringing all the people who might cause problems.

This would make a great deal of sense if Egwene represents Lews Therin's counterpart in this Age...this time he listened to her argument (thanks to Moiraine of course), and it was conceded that the Breaking of the seals wasn't his job, it was hers, which would make sense with the whole anti-balefire weave thing plus the fact that the seals are cuendillar and her cuendillar-making abilities are unparalleled.

No, she didn't want to break the seals... that's where Moiraine comes into by reminding her of her duties as Amrylin..and I was saying that it was her that rediscovered the making of cuendillar in this Age and no one else could make an object instantly turn to cuendillar like her...with some a simple object like a cup took an hour...and the weave itself didn't work at all for maybe 97-98% of Aes Sedai.

I think the superpowers egwene exhibits are more an aspect of her role as one of the wonder girls than an indication of a past life connection. It doesn't strike me as something Jordan would have written into the story. I can't recall any hint of previous incarnations of the female characters except birgitte maybe. Maybe I just missed it, but if it's there, I haven't figured it out.

All the wonder girls have talents and strengths and ... wonders... if anything explains that, I believe it would be something about the pattern bringing about what was needed when it was needed, but I'm not sure anything really does explain it beyond the Mary Sue thing., which he seemed prone to utilize.

Egwene will have had past lives, but not in the way Rand does. She may have just been any ordinary person, or maybe a queen or anything else. Rand specifically like the heroes of the horn is bound to the pattern. Even Matt and Perrin are just ordinary people apart from being Taverin in this age. Jane Farstrider became a Hero and so his new lives after becoming bound to the horn will be to the requirements of the pattern.

I am not sure if all Heroes are Taverin to any degree or not but maybe you do not need to be Taverin to do the patterns bidding. That is just required to bend other threads around you.

I think the superpowers egwene exhibits are more an aspect of her role as one of the wonder girls than an indication of a past life connection. It doesn't strike me as something Jordan would have written into the story. I can't recall any hint of previous incarnations of the female characters except birgitte maybe. Maybe I just missed it, but if it's there, I haven't figured it out.

All the wonder girls have talents and strengths and ... wonders... if anything explains that, I believe it would be something about the pattern bringing about what was needed when it was needed, but I'm not sure anything really does explain it beyond the Mary Sue thing., which he seemed prone to utilize.

Maybe he's just using the "nothing new under the sun" idiom so often that I'm seeing things he didn't intend, lol

I think everyone sees things he didn't intend, and I really believe he based later events on fan feedback. If he'd lived to keep writing, maybe he'd have fleshed these things out some more.

It's fair enough to say that there's a lot going on under the surface and I'm pretty sure that another hundred rereads wouldn't be enough to dig it all up.

Archived