DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

World's End Mafia - town wins comprehensively

Pralaya

6. Sooh

Time for me to do a list I suppose

*SNIP*

Besie- She does ask a lot of questions, and she did present some good cases, however I don't think the Besie I know is showing up in a lot of her posts. To add to that I don't think she has followed up much on her suspicions. This just rubs me all wrong. 

I honestly love this so much. You're the best, Sooh.

For the record, I never felt you went hard on me at all.

I won't be arguing with Lenlo (about his alignment anyway) anymore.

I hate letting wolves go free so I wouldn't have unvoted him if he was anywhere near more likely to be scummy than not.

He's not blue because godawful opening-midday. But he's not where the wolves are.

The wolves are contained within Tina and Shad.

Sooh not voting Shad is problem.

Why?

I could vote him.

I wasn't confident on my slightly towny read of him before, and I'm still not convinced he's a wolf, but I'm willing to trust others on this read because I've proven before that I can't catch ShadWolf.

Right now I'm more comfortable with Tina though, and seeing as she's one of your wolves, why is it a problem that I'm voting for her and not your other wolf?

See song attached to "1. Dice". :laugh:

7. Nikon

Euhm... he was here. For a while. Now he's subbed out.  His replacement may or may not be on time. Please buckle your seat belts whilst the craft makes a emergency landing.

8. Lenlo

Dice, that post was a joke. Atleast I meant it to be one. I do not actually think the number of words Pizza chooses to use is indicative.

So what do you make of Zander using the same reasoning?

Is Zander using it as a legit reason to push Pizza? Cause if so its not good imo. Even if it was, Pizza has since then begun putting alot of words into his posts so its kinda moot.

Just interesting. Pizza :wub:

*Sigh* Inconsistency route? Your twisting and ignoring what I say again Pizza.

No, that is precisely what you have done to me.

If it's wolfy, then you are calling yourself wolfy.

Again you try to take everything I say and make it scummy.

Nowhere in the discussion about the idea did I call Dice scummy for his logic. I just said it was crap. The point at which I found Dice scummy came with his poorly made reasons to vote me and Zander. 

So Pizza, are you doing this smudging thing with the bold and caps and underlines?

Smudging by the definition I have provided is to paint someone as being wolfy implicitly, and not vote them.

I'm being very explicit and I will have your head. With my vote.

Oh ok, so your doing something completely different with your bold and caps and italics, but with the exact same supposed intent behind it. Gotcha.

Yes, it is completely different, and every single townie in this game with half a brain cell understands the difference between explicit voting and implicit smearing, wolf.

Keep using the word. Keep throwing out AtEs and insults to the entire game. Im sure it helps your case.

Im gonna go watch a show. See you when you calm down man.

What's the matter? Ship all banged up? Who's the man?

Wait till I get another plane, I'mma line up all your friends, right beside you!

Later man. Good luck with this whole case thing.

This was a very interesting few pages that I actually read.

I don't know what else... I've had a soft spot for Len since reading Matrix and I actually did think your tactic idea would have worked for me. *grins*

Seeing the shift in her focus on Lenlololololololol.

FYI- She does have a soft spot for Len from Matrix.....she may or may not have told me I was a bit of a jerk for bussing a fellow Minority Villa.....lolololololol

But I still can't help but kinda feel like there COULD be a possible connection here.  There was a couple minor things that kinda set my radar off a little bit but maybe thats just me.

I really don't feel a Sooh Besie team.  The back and forth really reads genuine between them to me.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He is!  Not great yet, but he's on antibiotics and he's behaving normal instead of making me hold him 24/7, just still has a bad cough.

And I'm down from a fever and chills to just a sore throat.

And the holiday visiting madness has pretty well subsided.

Life is good in my MINORITY village!

FTFY- LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Also I do hope your young lad is feeling better brother!!!!!!

Think of the game in terms of how many players the village can mislynch before losing.

In a standard 13er, the answer is four. 13 -> 11 -> 9 - > 7 being must lynch.

Having basically a guaranteed night lynch in a scenario where villagers are only lynched in this game leads to...

12 -> 11 -> 9 -> 8 -> game. With LYLO being actually at night instead of at day. That's till four mislynches.

That's... interesting to say the least. Honestly the game might lack balance with 9 villagers and 3 wolves. Think of this way. If village lynches a villager every night:

12 -> 11 -> 9 -> 8 -> 6 (push) -> 5 -> must lynch. That's 5.5 lynches the village has barring role shenanigans in a 13er. That's... a little much.

#themathsarewaytoohardforzander

It's actually very possible we have four wolves.

I guess the outside the box theory is that we could also have a Serial Killer with no wolf kill and that's what did me in, but I think that's probably not right considering Besie sort of let me know they were killing me.

I guess we shall soon see.

9. Nolder

Catching up from page 31:

Lenlo for his plan.

Sooh for being defensive about Nomi early in the game.

Cory much for the same reason as you, I'm just more wary of Cory.

Shad I don't remember I'd have to look it up it was something he said.

The nulls I have to look into more anyway so no explanation.

So you have literally no opinion about anything I've done since like page 1. Good to know.

Posting on phone SUCKS.

Do you think you've done anything else noteworthy?
Gee thanks. Now I feel awesome about spending ~4 hours in front of this game last night. 

I don't know if I necessarily have a tendency to do noteworthy things in mafia, and I still don't see how that is noteworthy.

Sorry. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad.

It was a genuine question with the aim of seeing how you view your own game so far.

Mmmmmmmmhmmmmmmm

Sounds good.

Let's try to get inside each other's head.

Maybe with some hypotheticals?

Hypothetically if you had a roleblock who would you block tonight as of right now?

I would block Dice. He's not really a suspect of mine but that's part of the problem, I don't have a good read on him. Other than arguing he's been kind of low key this game and he also has very good instincts with night powers. I also don't see many others calling him town just quite yet which gives me pause because Dice is one of those players who usually gets townread early or it doesn't happen at all.

I think I would block Besie. She's someone I don't trust at this point in the game, and I think she's cunning enough if mafia to create serious problems for town. 

Where do you stand on Pizza? If you have said I apologize. I don't recall off the top of my head.

I had him as null on my reads list on page 28.

I don't think I'm ready to take him out of null but I did like that big note list he posted.

Shows a lot of engagement with the game.

Engagement with the game? lol...

Pral you have me voting and not voting.

His engagement with the game wasn't engaging enough to engage voting on two engagement levels. *cough*

Who's lynch would give us the most information on other players?

That was a BFG-only proposition, sorry.

And I don't really believe in conditional-villager flips; I think when a villager flips you learn nothing and gain nothing but a dead villager. The only goal is to lynch a wolf, not gather information. You gather far better information reading the thread.

FWIW I really liked the question he asked.

10. BFG

There's not much I can quote about you. Lol. You're just so calm and up for anything. I love it.

Let me see if I can find something. Mmmm...

I stand by my lack of read on Besie and generally there are players I have trouble reading for [whatever reasons] and I'm not just going to fabricate a read because it pleases people. This is me going pretty much at about 100%. If you're expecting the volatility and anger of my previous games I think my newfound emotional health has erased those facets of my game personality for at least some time.

I have a really hard time reading you :unsure: (for similar reasons that I struggle to read Clov and AJ) This game I think I'm going to need flips before I feel completely comfortable, I like to think the fact that I'm not actively mafia reading you for not coming hard out of the gate is progress for me :sad:I have no intention of tinfoiling any time soon, and the fact I think it would be tinfoil is probably telling.

Ok I'm delving into ISOs tonight. Extended family gathering tomorrow so I won't be around during the day, but will be around before deadline.

Before ISO's I can't say I'm that different to the consensus

Zander

Lenlo

Sooh

Cory

Besie

Dice

Nolder

Nikon

Shad

Tina

Pizza

Groups are only vaguely ordered.

Zander seems inquisitive this game, isn't focusing in one place too much

Sooh's difficult to explain, I haven't disagreed with any of her reads this game, or positions in thread.

Lenlo is mostly his response to pressure and his mechanics thoughts.

Cory is difficult. He hasn't hit any of the reliable tells I have for his mafia game, there are a few points of minor concern - his lack of read on Besie is one, the lack of follow through with a reread is another. In general I feel he's cruising in his 70% range which is both town and mafia for him, I agree with most of his posts and reads. Need him to ramp it up to 90+ to be more confident and not tinfoil.

Besie isn't pinging me this game like Diablo. She's acting differently, but I don't know that's her town game and there are very very minor things I disagree with /shrug

Nolder seems pretty relaxed so far, mostly waiting for more from him.

Dice I feel I should have a stronger opinion of him, I remember feeling better about him, but can't remember why and this is a pretty major concern.

Bottom 4 has a large element of POE about them, and less reason to feel 'good'

Nikon is almost completely null and here by POE. His 'catch up' seems focused on things that don't seem important to me, but I have knowledge of previous games he doesn't have. His catch-up didn't take him much past his first posts so I don't know why he couldn't have posted that much from the start. Desperately need him to start playing.

Shad I'm having a hard time remembering his stances, I get being busy in RL, but that doesn't stop him being mafia either. He's made a few observations I like, but there's something missing. His recent post about voting Pizza and if Pizza dies he'll kill Shad as well, while he's voting Nolder seems all sort of off. I like his position on Sooh

Tina is interesting, she's not addressing Cory, I remember in past games where Tina's been town and Cory mafia she's pretty much blackmailed him into reading her correctly and this game she seems more passive. Cory's unvote was 'odd'. Her initial posts were very focused, since then she's broadened a bit, but I'm left a bit /meh

Pizza is always going to be the same things; he seems more surface level this game, he hasn't handled multiple suspects, his reads aren't as well explained. BUT he's more aggressive than, say, Middle Earth, he's excusing differences in his mafia game, which is something he did that game and I don't remember from his town games. I will try to do a real meta search here, but that will come after ISO's from this game.

This doesn't feel right at this point, but I'm not sure why.

Odd things that probably aren't important

Pizza and Cory are both reading Besie conditionally on Zanders read of her.

Cory's unvote of Tina was really interesting timing, although I'm not sure what to make of that right now

I can´t get too focused on Cory and making him satisfied. I´ll play and I hope he will see me as town. Cory is going up and down between null and town. I don´t base that on what he believes about me. I haven´t found anything scummy with his play so far. He doesn´t seem to have an agenda. (But... I need to add a but... I´m not sure I would notice if he had one.) 

I don´t see how you (or anyone) can have Sooh that high on the list.

To answer Cory´s earlier question: Right now I´m most sure about Zander and Pizza. I wish I could be as sure about Dice as I was earlier but he hasn´t done much lately. 

From the posts I have read today not much have changed my mind. I think I just need a flip. If people would rather vote Sooh than Pizza then I´m okay with jumping on that train.

Teeleedeedeedee. There they are all standing in a row...

Besie now say that 5 times really really fast!!!!  lololololololol

What was it about Nol's question did you like my dear?

Lololololol ya BFG has been pretty Boss!!!!  If BFG is the Deep Wolf I'd ALMOST ALMOST ALMOST say she deserves the win but no TOWN DESERVES THIS WIN AND SHALL HAVE IT!!!!!   Also Id be quite impressed at how BFG and Besie played off against and with each other.

jackinsane.gif

Good God Woman!!!!!  Stop making my brain explode!!!!

#thetinfoilspewiswaytoomuch

Take it easy on a fella would ya!!!!

nH9a0Ck.png

It's actually very possible we have four wolves.

I guess the outside the box theory is that we could also have a Serial Killer with no wolf kill and that's what did me in, but I think that's probably not right considering Besie sort of let me know they were killing me.

*grins*

tumblr_mf8w04Dtj41rb1opbo1_500.gif

THATS YOU!!!!!

This is really a fascinating set-up. Pral could have done a lot of things.

If we're dealing with four wolves, I'd put more weight behind the unlikelihood of Shad/Nikon being wolves together if Shad flips wolf (which seems a given as he's pretty much trolling at this point) and the game doesn't end and gun for Nolder first. I'd at least have some time to go through everything again before N3, because I am not going to let this game go past N3.

VOUCH!!!!!!

Zander I love you but if you actually are considering the things Besie is saying and integrating them into your reads and it distracts you from the line I'll be irritated that you considered the words of a dead fledgling wolf over an experienced villager who has been pretty dead-on so far.

Besie's posts are all anti-spew and counter-spew and are meaningless to think about in literally any way.

KISS lynch the scummy people?

Always use KISS in every part of your life!!!! And yes lunch the scummiest of the scummy scumbags imo!!!!

I'm not going to tinfoil on Dice even in four wolf situation.

There is no world where Dice tries to talk me into following my heart on Tina when I was distracted by the Pizza lynch because A) he knows I am liable to just take over a game outright and get the lynches I want and B) there's just no equity in Dice bussing at that particular point in the game. Especially if there's four wolves, as mislynches are inherently of great value and Pizza is certainly a "value" lynch for the wolves. In a game where the wolves know they can never truly get rid of me, they aren't going to make the mistakes of putting the controls in my hand and give me a help in assessing a conflicted read I wanted to pursue. Especially Dice, because Wolf!Dice inherently fears my ability to read him - he's not going to damage his team's equity to try and earn my favor because he knows I'm pretty damn liable to figure him out anyway with enough time and ultimately I have all the time in the world this game.

Occam's Razor: He's a villager. I know that's a me-dependent read, but Dice just isn't going to take that angle with me. The rest of his play holds up to his general villager game besides some mild paranoia I had early that was quickly resolved.

I dont feel the same way with Dice....like I mean i think he's Town but I cant fully lock it in yet.  But imma follow you on this brother!!!!

Is anyone else even reading Besies posts? Cause im gonna be frank im not.

You should!!!! They are funny and I think Besie is the type of person who could certainly have put something relevant in them!!!!

KISS lynch the scummy people?

kill 'em with kindness

:wub:

I only make out with scummy people, myself.

sadface.gif

I only make out with scummy people, myself.

</3

Thanks for shattering my dreams.

I was talking about you.

If you Helmet Catch my drift.

lololololololol

To conclude with...

My updated iso list!

Proper Mafia:

Besie & Tina

Additional awesome people:

The rest

Towny townies:

Pizza & Cory

Seriously,

I may drive you guys crazy, but

I love you all :wub:

We :wub: you too even though you are a big bad :hopper: !!!!!

You should!!!! They are funny and I think Besie is the type of person who could certainly have put something relevant in them!!!!

You also thought she was obv town this entire game.

I hope one day you learn to enjoy the thrills and emotional rollercoaster that is villaging, Besie.

It's not so bad being the good guys, and it's a lot more of a challenge. No feat for the weak-hearted.

Some general advice in case you are interested:

Being a villager also is about finding and connecting with teammates and utilizing their strengths. A poorly constructed or divided village tends to lose a great deal more than a united one.

It's why I generally judge people's overall strength on the merits of their villager game; being a good wolf is not hard if you have heart and people lack a real bead on you. Being a good villager is more difficult; you have to A) be right, which is hard enough in itself in a game where you start knowing basically nothing and B) be villagery enough to get people to trust you enough to not lynch you outright nonetheless actually listen to your reads. It's not easy work when people are actively trying to deceive you.

If nothing else, I hope you strive to be a truly two-way player and a valuable villager when you are one.

There may be a time in future game that we are villagers together and I'll need your help. I hope you are apt and able when that time comes.

Listen to Cory here Besie for.....

58039000.jpg

Zander, you know what your mission is.

It's the mission you were both with.

It's the mission that will define your life.

Yes I KNOW THIS MISSION AND IT SHALL DEFINE MY LIFE

"TO BE THE TOWNYEST TOWNY TO EVER TOWN AND LUNCH EVER SINGLE WOLF IN THE WORLD!!!!!!"

MISSION ACCEPTED!!!!

Though I find it somewhat amusing that 3 of your 4 losses will have come with me on the other side

You need to rand the same team as me next time bub

Would be a good time probably, we could share drink recipes and laugh about life

Burn......lololololololol

god i'm such a brat lololololol

ly boo <3

<3

Zander I love you but if you actually are considering the things Besie is saying and integrating them into your reads and it distracts you from the line I'll be irritated that you considered the words of a dead fledgling wolf over an experienced villager who has been pretty dead-on so far.

Besie's posts are all anti-spew and counter-spew and are meaningless to think about in literally any way.

Besie completely outsmarted me.  It wont distract me from the line brother and Im following you and the plan.  But I owe it to not just myself but this Town to ensure I dont miss anything at all from her that COULD POSSIBLY help.  And i know Besie is the type of person that loves puzzles and could very well through things out there that could very well spew someone something!!!

But I WILL FOLLOW THE LINE Im just not leaving any stones unturned!!!!

I can't control the Zander

I can merely attempt to guide him

85eb9e47ef8528e3160089a5a3ac18c0ed3af51e

You also thought she was obv town this entire game.

Yes I did.  But Im not sure what you're getting at brother in this regard?  Just because I was totally wrong doesnt mean that i dont find her posts funny or that they have no relevance.  Am I missing something?

He got pocketed Lenny

It happens and she got found out anyway

Forgive the man!!!

Yes I most certainly did.  Like hardcore....lololololol.

It does and I'm truly glad it didn't cause Town bad atp.

Thank you brother but believe that no one will be harder on themselves then I will for it.  And also know......I WILL LEARN FROM THIS!!!!

:flamingsword: :flamingsword: :flamingsword:

I'm just saying it's data you are more likely to misinterpret than not because it's facetious by nature.

Especially if you think she "outsmarted" you this game, because that just means she's liable to do it again.

I think you just sort of let your friendship with her color your read even if that's not something you believe. But what do I know, I'm a silly internet person LDO.

The point is we keep this village going strong <3

I know it because I deal with it too, that internal confirmation bias where you want someone to be a villager and then when they start to post anything even remotely villagery you attach yourself to it like it means a lot more than it does and overestimate its value.

It has taken me years to ignore that instant and see things more objectively. Years.

I'm just saying it's data you are more likely to misinterpret than not because it's facetious by nature.

Especially if you think she "outsmarted" you this game, because that just means she's liable to do it again.

I think you just sort of let your friendship with her color your read even if that's not something you believe. But what do I know, I'm a silly internet person LDO.

The point is we keep this village going strong <3

Well she's quite liable to do it again because Zander's not all that bright!!!!  lololololol

You know much wise teacher and are quite right i beleive

WE WILL KEEP THIS VILLAGE STRONG!!!! <3 <3 <3

I will not deviate off course!!!!!!

I know it because I deal with it too, that internal confirmation bias where you want someone to be a villager and then when they start to post anything even remotely villagery you attach yourself to it like it means a lot more than it does and overestimate its value.

It has taken me years to ignore that instant and see things more objectively. Years.

Cory you complete me!!!  Its honestly like you can see directly into my brain!!!!!

I will work on this for sure!!!!!

Archived