DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

What happened to them?

badhead

The conversation was with Shaidar Haran; not with Ishamael/Moridin.

To me a Skimming type Gateway seems more likely than balefire since Asmodean & Graendal seemed very close to each other and since he managed to say 2 words.

There was the conversation between Rand and Moridin, Moridin specifically said that Balefire was the only way to keep the DO from bringing someone back.

Not all that comes from any character is true.  They could be either mistaken or lying; or they could withhold information.

balefire might have been the only Moridin knew/remembered; or he might have known/remembered another way.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree with mb, as we have seen before just because they think something is true doesn't make it so.  Its possible there are other ways the DO can't bring someone back and they simply have no idea.  Not to mention RJ said its how and where Asmo died.  it might be balefire was used but then whats the Where he died part?

I agree with mb, as we have seen before just because they think something is true doesn't make it so.  Its possible there are other ways the DO can't bring someone back and they simply have no idea.  Not to mention RJ said its how and where Asmo died.  it might be balefire was used but then whats the Where he died part?

True, in the AOL stilling and burn-out wasn't something that could be healed.  Then ta-da, Nynaeve who refused to believe it found a way that is 100% with males, and maybe 25% with women.  I think Saidin is needed to fix Saidar, and Saidar to 100% heal Saidin.  I wonder if a man and woman healing someone while linked would somehow shore up the connection even more than originally there, making them able to handle a little more of the power than before.

Only thing I remember about people being healed from being  severed/burnt out is it seems if a female heals a female or a male heals a male then amount they can channel again is weaker.  But as we saw when Nyn heals Logain he is back to full strength.  So a male with a female trying to heal someone could bring them back to 100% or really mess the person up. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Demandred, he's the only foresaken we really nothing of until late.

I always thought Asmo got a raw deal because his shaido plan derailed lots of things. Most of them are bumbling idiots but he did something. Also we'll probably never know but I hope there's any entry for Halima where it tells what precisely the Egwene plan was.

Somewhat on topic...I would actually like to know what happens to the main characters beyond the hours after the final battle.  

I would really like to know what happens with Rand - does he totally cut himself off from everyone (even his future children, brother, father, Perrin/Mat/Nynaeve/Moiraine?), save for Min, Elayne, and Aviendha?  To me, the man that Rand was and grew into is not one who would have cut himself off forever from everyone who loved him/he loved, but he thinks to himself on the 2nd to last page: " South.  East or west would do, but he figured he wanted to go someplace away from it all for good."  To me that is very final/definitive that he had no intention of ever returning, and, despite the heavy burdens placed on him, I find it to be totally against who the character of Rand was to never want to see those people again.

It would have been nice if a nearly 1200 page book could have found room for a longer epilogue/aftermath section after spending almost the entire book on a battle.  When the battle started so early in the book, I was sure we would have a nice conclusion, but for me there really was no conclusion to this book, just an abrupt end.  Felt a lot like The Sopranos.  Unfortunately, a disappointing end can really affect my perception of a series/book, and this put a damper on the entire series for me.

main characters; unfulfilled prophecies give some idea of what will happen.  and Sanderson revealed a little bit of the outriggers.

though I wanted the book to end after the births of Rand's children.

from the next paragraph, it seems that Rand's main intentions were to travel.  there might be some chance of he letting others come along if they catch up to him.

@Chris, RJ said he wasn't going to tie up every loose end in the book and didn't like explaining everything  So its doubtful if he had finished the book he would do a chapter on what happened to each person after. 

Yeah BS said all RJ had was something about Perin on a ship thinking how he was going to have to kill a friend and mat dicing in an alley.  Something like that.

Archived