DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV] LOST

Yveva

That's because Locke's dad is the Real Sawyer ;)

Good episode. Locke and Ben's confrontation is great. O'Quinn's acting when he was picked up and stuck in the wheelchair for the first time was awesome. Sayid putting the seed of doubt in Alex's mind about her mother was excellent stuff (expect this to be a plot point in future episodes).

I'm calling it that Danielle raids the Others' armoury, tools up and goes Rambo on their backsides. I think this road trip, especially if it ends in her getting to talk to Alex, may finally convince her to join forces with the Lostees properly rather than just randomly tramping around in the woods. That's just not fun.

I'm hoping 'The Box' is a metaphor or something. The idea of a magic box on the island creating stuff out of nowhere...just too weird.

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Cadsuane

But it might explain things like the polar bear, Kate's horse, and Jack's dad appearing randomly. I mean, if it's really magic, it could work... ^_^

Good call on The Real Sawyer. I wouldn't be surprised, since everyone seems to be connected to at least one other person.

Guest Emperor

That was what I was getting at with my question, the Real Sawyer.

All the characters are tied together in some way, or most of them seem to be.

Falling out of buildings seems to be quite popular amoung the Losties..

Hurley when he is talking to his accountant witnesses someone falling off his building.

Locke gets thrown out by his dad.

Sun's dad tosses out her boyfriend.

interesting....

Well, Lockdown (Season 2, Episode 17) answered the Locke's Dad=Sawyer question, but they edited the scene out as they thought it was insulting the audience's intelligence (telling them something that was too obvious). Then, after seeing that people were still confused, they started wondering if they should put it back in (I don't even think they included it on the Season 2 DVD). That's why they pushed the button on Claire's Dad=Jack's Dad, to remove any doubt even though a lot of people had worked it out already.

Guest Emperor

Right, I had it in my mind for some time, I just forgot about it until this episode. I prefer them to make it less obvious until they actually slam the hammer down and tell us. This way when you go back and watch, you can see all the signs if at first you did not catch on.

Guest Emperor

Just some news... but I am excited about the possible earlier time slot....

"Lost" star Naveen Andrews, who plays Sayid on the ABC series, told SCI FI Wire that he believes the network may be mulling a later start for the upcoming fourth season, which would begin in January and run straight without a break, like Fox's "24."

"I believe that's the plan," Andrews said.

He also thinks the show should be returned to it's earlier time slot.

"I think they should make it sort of like what it was before. I liked it when it started a little bit earlier, because a lot of the audience are kids, aren't they? I thought, hmm."

Guest Emperor

LOST 3.14 FAQ

What’s it called?

“Exposé.”

What does TV Guide say?

“Hurley begins to suspect that Sawyer might be involved in a mystery surrounding two fellow survivors, and Sun learns the truth about her kidnapping attempt by the Others. Flashbacks follow Nikki and Paulo (Kiele Sanchez, Rodrigo Santoro). Boone: Ian Somerhalder. Shannon: Maggie Grace. Mr. LaShade: Billy Dee Williams.”

How did last week’s promo go?

ANNOUNCER: Next Wednesday …

HURLEY: It’s like the most awesome hour of television ever!

ANNOUNCER: Everyone on this island has something to hide.

LOCKE: Every man’s entitled to his secrets.

ANNOUNCER: But when the truth comes out …

SAWYER: They were working with The Others.

ANNOUNCER: … someone ends up dead.

SAWYER: You gonna tell Jin?

SUN: No.

SAWYER: Why not?

SUN: Because then we’d have to dig another grave.

ANNOUNCER: An all-new “Lost.” Next Wednesday at ten, nine central, only on ABC.

Does Charlie die this week?

We don’t know. The current flashback batting order is said to be:

3.14 NikkiPaulo

3.15 Kate

3.16 Juliet

3.17 Desmond

3.18 JinSun

What else is TV Guide not telling us?

Leslie Arzt turns up in the flashbacks alongside Boone and Shannon. Zuckerman is a wealthy TV producer.

10 p.m. Wednesday. ABC.

Guest Emperor

Wow...

1. I was hoping to see more Boone and Shannon.

2. At first I thought it was ballsy to introduce two new Losties and kill them off for their back story. Then when we learned they were paralized, I was like... "right, now they wake up". Then they were buried alive.

3. It is funny how much Sawyer is changing. He dumped the diamonds down in the grave when not to long ago this would have been a big payday for him.

Lando was in this episode. This alone makes it teh awesome.

Enjoyed the many self-referential injokes though, but they might have gone overboard with it.

Current hot Lost news is apparently that:

The Season 3 finale is Ben's flashback story. The one before that is a Charlie flashback which resolves his lingering death sentence one way or the other. The one before that is either a general island flashback focusing on the DeGroots (co-founders of the DHARMA Initiative) or Jack.

'K, so this week I Started the episode with a "Dammit John!" This does not bode well.

And where did Sawyer get a hair tye??? That one looked pretty small and clear. Generally, even Regular hair ties tend to get lost easily and then aren't that easily found. In a House. I'm gonna have to call BS on the fact that he has a nice hair tie still. Even if hair ties are covered in the rations deliveries by Dharma, I'm thinkin' that the nice clear ones aren't generic enough for thier supply.

So, wait. Why don't the Others know what the vision/smoke monster is?

And here's a thought, Blondie. Maybe you're always getting left behind because No One Trusts You. Seems to me that you're a bit duplicitous with that whole sweet and innocent vibe you got goin' until you turn into a lying bad ass and freak everyone out! Just a thought. Except that it could all be a scam and she's being planted by the Others. Crap.

Hahaha! Sawyer as the leader.

Hurley's a wise man.

I liked this episode.

Guest Cadsuane

I dislike clear hair ties. And clear bra straps. But Sawyer can wear whatever hair tie he wants, and you won't catch me complaining about him. 8)

I, too, liked this episode. I thought the Juliet/Kate interaction was an interesting and necessary occurence. Jack had started to move some of his loyalties from K to J, so it was only fitting that the two women clashed over it, in a way. And from her back story, we see a link between Kate and Sawyer. I'm getting to the point where I want to draw a map of all the links between characters so I can keep them straight... :roll: :lol:

Guest Haxorsist

When Kate and Juliet fell into the mud, I was hoping they would start fighting again. Maybe wrestle a while. It didn't happen, which totally sucked. :P

Hey, I'm newish to the show, and currently about halfway through season 2. I may have some newb-ish questions, but does anyone else think that the monster smoke is somehow not just a part of the island, but installed into the island. I'm also thinking theres some kind of psychic element to it. I don't mind spoilers so if there's something I haven't gotten to yet don't feel bad for laying it on me.

Guest Emperor

Who was the smoke monster after? I am thinking Kate as she was having the flashbacks. Does the island feel the need to purge her now? Is Juliet the new Cassidy (scam artist that had Sawyers baby)?

Ask any questions you like, we have a few experts here.

Guest Emperor

LOST 3.16 FAQ

What’s it called?

“One of Us.”

Who’s responsible?

Teleplay is credited to co-showrunner Carlton Cuse (“Enter 77”) & Drew Goddard (“The Man From Tallahassee”).

What does ABC say?

“Jack’s joyous reunion with his fellow survivors is cut short when they realize that accompanying him is one of The Others, and Claire is stricken by a mysterious, life-threatening illness. Guest starring are Robin Weigert as Rachel, William Mapother as Ethan Rom, Brett Cullen as Goodwin, Andrew Divoff as Mikhail, Nestor Carbonell as Richard Alpert, Joah Buley as other dude and Tyrone Howard as airport guard.”

How did last week’s promo go?

KATE: Now what?

JACK: Now we go back.

ANNOUNCER: Next Wednesday …

SUN: It’s Jack!

ANNOUNCER: Their leader returns for a long-awaited reunion, but a familiar face …

SAWYER: What the hell’s she doing here??

ANNOUNCER: … is not always a welcome one.

SAYID: I want to know everything.

JULIET: If I told you everything I know, you’d kill me.

SAYD: What do you think I’ll do if you don’t?

ANNOUNCER: An all-new “Lost.” Next Wednesday at ten, nine central, only on ABC.

Does Juliet know anything we don’t?

Yes. We get answers this week to questions we’ve been asking since early season one.

Does Juliet know stuff Jack doesn’t know?

Jack claims not to have answers. “After you left, I made a deal with them,” Jack tells Kate. “If I took care of Ben they’d let me off the island. I just kept my head down, did what I was supposed to, didn’t ask any questions.”

Is finding Locke the new number-one item on the 815ers’ agenda?

Locke’s name isn't even mentioned this week. Claire’s medical crisis is dire.

Who’s Goodwin again?

Goodwin is the Other Ana Lucia killed in “The Other 48 Days.” He also had a cameo early in the season-three premiere. We see a whole new side to him this week. (Goodwin is played by Brett Cullen, who also played VP candidate Gov. Ray Sullivan on “The West Wing” and weaselly Walt Riggins on “Friday Night Lights.”

Jack, Juliet, Kate and Sayid are back already? How many minutes into the episode do Jack and Hurley hug?

Minute 15 of the 42.

Any sign of Locke or Ben?

Ben appears in the flashbacks. Locke sits the episode out.

Does Charlie die this week?

He does not. Remember please the rumored final flashback batting order:

3.16 Juliet Burke

3.17 Desmond Hume

3.18 Jin & Sun Kwon

3.19 Jack Shephard

3.20 Karen & Gerald DeGroot

3.21 Charlie Pace

3.22-23 Benjamin Linus

What else is ABC not telling us?

We learn a lot about what’s been going on with Claire and a lot about what’s going on with Juliet, and at least two very important details about Dharma Island. And we learn definitively which Stephen King novel was being discussed at book club.

What’s good?

* The great Elizabeth Mitchell.

* The great Nestor “Batmanuel” Carbonell.

* The many exciting reveals.

* “Well, we’ll do out best.”

* “I think your research is really gonna have a major impact on us.”

* “Why were you fine with those things?”

* Benjamin Linus, who appears on the dock from nowhere.

* James Ford, finally behaving like a human being.

* Hurley’s sit-down with Juliet generally and “We buried him over there” in particular.

* “She’ll be dead before then.”

* “Because I did it to her.”

* The scene in Ben’s kitchen.

* The return of the 815.

* The return of Mikhail.

* “Do you trust me?”

* “I know why you want me to go there.”

* “Downtown.”

* Much more.

What’s not so good?

We don’t learn why Kate can climb over an Others Fence but Smokezilla can’t. Or why a novice like Hurley can so effortlessly hoodwink master con man Sawyer.

Guest Yveva

Emp and I were gone last week, but I've gotta say I am totally diggin' last week's episode and it left me excited for the one coming up. Seriously! Remember how dissapointing the earlier episodes were? They're SO NOT nowadays.

I think Juliet might be an Others plant. No way would she be that honest with Kate. Also, what if Kate's preggers with Sawyer's kidlet? hrmmmm?

Guest Cadsuane

Hah!! Poor Kate. Poor Jack. Poor Sawyer. What drama would ensue if that were the case! I think since there's already one infant, and a current pregnancy, we wouldn't see another one, even if it would result in fantastic soap opera-style drama. Too bad. :lol:

It's tough to tell about Juliet being a plant or not. I am inclined to think so, just because it's a little too convenient. Except we already had several Other plants, and it wouldn't be totally amiss to have them spring a true joiner on us just for the sake of plot twist. I'm excited to find out. :P

Guest Emperor

Answers: So Juliet is a plant as predicted. Carrie was the book they were reading (this will make the internet people happy). The island cures, except Ben, but does not allow women to have babies.

Questions: Wasn't Ben born on the island? Wasn't Alex born on the island? Who is this Jacob? Why is Juliet in the camp (is she conning Ben or the Losties)? Isn't Sun pregnant?

Guest Yveva

well, Claire's sickness was not from pregnancy, or pregnancy drug withdrawls, it was because she was given an implant. Juliet said to Ben that she thought the problem was at conception, if conception was not on the island than the pregnancy might work out ok.

Isn't there a Sun flashback coming up?

Guest Cadsuane

Ok, I really have to say poor Jack! He's so good hearted and trusting, and he's gonna get screwed... again.

So, now we know a little bit more about what the Others have been up to on the island, but we still don't know why. Why is it so important for them to be able to conceive there? My thought is that Ben for some reason wants to have a continuous population on the island, instead of needing to bring in new people from the mainland all the time. Or perhaps they just run lots of biological experiments there because of the mysterious healing ability the island seems to have for mainlanders? Other thoughts?

People born OFF the island are cured of cancer. Women who conceive ON the island have their bodies turn on the fetus like it is an invader. This makes me think that the "thing" that heals the cancer is the same "thing" that prevents pregnancy. Cancer is a malignant growth, and the island destroys it, and perhaps the island sees fetuses as malignant growths as well?

Ben and Alex are the only people we know who were born on the island (aside from baby Aaron), yes? I'm curious to see if the ability to cure/get pregnant is reversed for people born on the island versus people born off.

Born OFF

Cannot get pregnant while on the island (many).

CAN be cured of cancer (Rose, allusions to others).

Born ON

Cannot be cured of cancer (Ben).

CAN get pregnant while on the island? We would need Alex to get pregnant to find out.

Sorry about asking about old stuff, but in season 2 when the smoke goes face to face with Eko, is it downloading his memories? Also, I've noticed several different sounds the smoke makes, (the train whistle type sound, a chittering(when its moving), it sounds like an adding machine or reciept printer when its doing that thing to Eko, a k-chunk sound usually before the whistle, etc. Occasionally the chittering can be heard and there's no smoke monster around. And why didn't it kill Eko or Locke?

Are the whispers and walt's "ghost" connected to the smoke monster? Or are the whispers maybe connected to the smoke?

Guest Cadsuane

I don't know the answers to those questions. I don't think that it was dling Eko's memories, though. We really aren't sure about the origns of or reason for the smoke monster at this point. We do know that it is supposedly not related to the Others, as we see it be stopped in season 3 by a fence they created for that purpose. But Juliet is the one telling us that, and she's a liar. ^_^

Walt's ghost I think has more to do with Walt himself and his special powers than with the smoke monster. He's shown to be an odd kid during season 1 (the scene about the bird), and there is some reason the Others want him.

It seems like he's psychic or something, like when he knows Locke is trying to open the hatch when Locke grabs his arm and tells him "don't open that thing".

When the monster went face to face with Eko, there were images from his time in Nigeria, what is that supposed to be?

Archived