DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

[TV] LOST

Yveva

Looks like the spoiler source nailed tonight's episode. Everything he said corresponds with Insiderscoop's report (he's the guy who reports on every episode a few hours before transmission).

Which means that the final scene of the season finale, if he got that right as well, is going to completely rewrite the very rules that the show is operating under. It's a very, very bold move for Lost (although it's something at least two other SF shows have done well, one of them very recently) and will certainly leave people talking throughout the summer. And autumn. And winter :D

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So that was a good episode. Bit of set-up for the finale, but entertaining nonetheless.

Charlie didn't die. But Monaghan turned in a hell of a good performance. Makes you annoyed that the writers haven't done more with him over the course of the series.

The underwater station was a bit of an eye-opener. I'm guessing it's a real scientific installation off the coast of Hawaii that they were able to use. Either that or their budget has suddenly increased tenfold. Don't know who the two girls are though. Others? Naomi's team? Hmm.

Some nice flashbacks. The girl Charlie saved is Sayid's ex, which was a nice touch.

Cool stuff on the Island. The Others and the Losties preparing for battle. Sayid's planning, Karl's warning ("We already knew, but thanks!"), Danielle blowing trees up in massive fireballs. All good stuff.

Guest Emperor

Note all the red on the tree she did blow up... again red is used to signify upcoming death on the show.

The new hatch is signified as a rabbit. Fitted giving the name.

Could one of the girls in the looking glass be the girl that young Ben liked?

girl.in.lg.JPG

Is the other girl the mother of Sawyers child?

lg2.JPG

girl.JPG

That could be Ben's girl, but the other woman isn't Sawyer's ex. It's a different actress.

I wonder how long they've been stuck down in the underwater hatch for though. The eleven years since the Purge? Longer? :shock:

Guest Cadsuane

I'm not sure I understand why they'd be stuck. I mean, it didn't seem THAT difficult for Charlie to get in, why would it be so hard to get out??

Well maybe they can't swim :D But more to the point, if they're DHARMA personnel who survived the Purge, they're probably terrified of going back to the Island in case the Others finish them off.

However, if Ben did go to that station at some point in order to activate the jamming system, that makes it more likely that these two women are Others.

Guest Emperor

Easily done with the sub as well. Juliet knew enough about the place to make me assume that the others knew about it as well. Therefore this must be a place for others.

Guest Cadsuane

I didn't WANT to resist!! I sorta like the spoilers, I think I get more out of the show when I have them to alert me to connections I wouldn't normally make myself.

Still, this is a little stunning... Can't wait to see the finale, see if it really is true. Sounds like it is.

I am steadfastly avoiding spoilers about the season finale. You people are making that difficult! LOL!

I'm going to say, I was SO relieved Charlie didn't die, and I'm immensely curious about the women in the underwater station. I'm so in love with Charlie right now, even though he's been a terribly underplayed character, and I haven't really cared about him that much.

Guest Cadsuane

No worries, we're keeping the spoiler discussion in the other thread, so stay out of it and you should be fine! :wink:

Guest Yveva

I think they won't kill off Charlie next episode. I'm thinking it will be a season 4 thing.

Also, I think Naomi is a total liarpants... if she was sent out to find Desmond (as the picture kinda leads us to believe) why does she know so much about the Losties???

Guest Yveva

Oh, I think he will die, I'm just not sure it will be tonight's episode.

Plus, I'd be really mad if he died.

Guest Emperor

Do you want to bet that he dies tonight? Bwuak....bwuakkkkkk *does his version of the chicken dance*

Guest Cadsuane

Hahahaha... I think it's not much of a bet.

Tenshin, if necessary, I will be happy to make you a new sig when I get back from vacation in early June. :)

Guest Cadsuane

LOL, send me a pic of you kicking air, and I'll see what I can do. Photoshop is a wondrous thing. 8)

Awww, bye Charlie. His death scene was rather sad. I'm gonna miss him.

And I'm a little miffed that Mikhail keeps coming back from the dead. I'd like for him to just die already.

The forward flash was interesting. Eventhough Jack's faux beard was attrocious. What, did they blow their budget so much that they couldn't afford more than that nappy rug? Or did they use the same fake hair supplier as America's Top Model??

Guest Emperor

DEAD!

Ok so the spoilers were dead on.

Here are some fun things from the episode...

Image5.jpg

"Hoffs Drawlar" is an anagram for Flash Forward

Newspaper clipping....

newspaperclipping2.jpg

Archived