DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

New WOT Scholastic Book!

VincentAsaro

I discovered this book on Amazon, it has a whole chapter devoted to WOT! 

The One Mind : CG Jung & the Future of Literary Criticism

Prof. Matthew Fike

"Applying the tools of Jungian literary criticism in new ways by expanding their scope and methodology, Fike discusses the works of Hawthorne, Milton, Shakespeare, Wordsworth, and lesser-known writers in terms of issues from psychology, parapsychology, and physics. Topics include the case for monism over materialism, altered states of consciousness, types of psychic functioning, The book concludes with case studies on Robert Jordan and William Blake. Considered together, these readings bring us a significant step closer to a unity of psychology, science, and spirituality."

http://www.amazon.com/One-Mind-future-literary-criticism/dp/0415819741/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1424553789&sr=1-1&keywords=matthew+fike

It's priced for academic libraries but the author informed me that a paperback edition is coming out soon. 

I think it's only a matter of time before we start seeing a lot of scholarly appreciation for WOT :) 

scholarship can simply meaning a study/state of scholasticism (same way friendship is something like state of friends) so the thread title works though yeah, first thing that came to mind was the grant kind. 

i would wonder what the author has to say about it because other than in the extremely broad way jungian principles can be projected on to pretty much anything, wot never struck me as explicitly jungian

scholarship can simply meaning a study/state of scholasticism (same way friendship is something like state of friends) so the thread title works though yeah, first thing that came to mind was the grant kind. 

i would wonder what the author has to say about it because other than in the extremely broad way jungian principles can be projected on to pretty much anything, wot never struck me as explicitly jungian

the title of this thread seems somewhat misleading.  "Scholarship" implies that money could be given.  "Scholarly Book" might fit better with the thread topic.

The book is also available for Nook.

1. I've read the chapter and it definitely points out many valid and compelling correspondences between WOT & Jung. An excellent and illuminating essay.  

2. You're right! If a Mod could fix the thread title that would be a good thing.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on the title, I thought that this was a book for kids, and I thought maybe it would be a good book for my kids.  ("Scholastic" is a major kids' book publisher in the U.S. -- maybe in other countries too?)  But it looks like it is something else entirely.  Still interesting though -- thanks for posting.

The 4 Wheel of Time kid books were published by Starscape; each 4 being half of the first 2 main books.

If there are any more Wheel of Time kid books, those would likely be done by Starscape; and would likely follow the same pattern as the 4.

edit::

if the book was from Scholastic, "Book from Scholastic" might have fit better than "Scholastic Book".

Archived