DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

So what'd you all think of the Super Bowl

Kivam

I think that this is the equivalent of his rookie season... For a practicle rookie he did very good to steer his team to the Superbowl.

But I fugred that the Colts had this game all the way. I just pretty much watched it because it is the Superbowl. I didn't particularly care who won..

Guest Barmacral

I thought the first play was really good, but then I left the restaurant to go home, and only saw the last quarter, and watched the bears do terribly.

I'm with SboydW though, I mostly watched what I did to say that I watched it, I'm not a football person.

I think Grossman is a really' date=' really bad quarterback.[/quote']

The really sad part is that might be the understatement of the year. The pick that got returned for the TD was particularly abysmal; that thing had the hangtime of a punt. WTF was he thinking???

On the other hand, at least he dove for the ball when Benson fumbled. Manning pretty much ran in the other direction when Addai put it on the ground. Unbelievable!

Well let's not forget the weather conditions either, or the teams playing.

Indy is a dome team and I don't think that they play more than 1 or 2 games a year in the rain. And the Bears play up north where they get more snow than rain. Yes snow is wet but it's nothing like rain, and it doesn't have the same effect on the ball.

No Grossman(bunglemann) didn't have a good game, I think he is definately going to turn into a Good if not Great QB though. He had a GREAT start this season. He just has to figure out what happened to him and fix it..

well.. there is a reason he was almost benched near the end of the regular season. All year Chicago's offense has had to rely on their defense to give them an ok place to start, or hester to just keep them off the field.

It all came down to one thing... Chicago's Defense was good, and defense wins games, but Indy's defenswe was also good. With both defenses being good, Indy's offense made the difference.

I watched it cos my mates wife is from Indy. Im not a fan, but I appreciate the way the teams handled the conditions.

The Colts offensive line did a great job of shielding Manning to make those crucial passes, and that Addai bloke was phenomonal for a young fella. I agree with Kivam, that intercept pass was weak, way too much hangtime on that mother.

I can appreciate the skill of the running backs, but for a football game, it goes too long, the players are generally too one dimensionally skilled for me to like that type of football.

It's not like benching Grossman would have helped... Brian Griese isn't much better... if better at all..

I disagree there. Griese is a well seasoned QB who would not have made the mistakes Grossman did. Griese was 5-1 with Tampa last season before getting injured.. he had a 97.5 rating in 2004.. In 2000 he played in the Pro bowl after having a league leading 102.9 rating. He may not be Peyton Manning, but on a team built around the defense and running game where all the QB essentially needs to do is be mistake free, a QB like Griese would work well. The same scheme helped the Ravens to the Superbowl with Trent Dilfer.

Griese was 5-1 with Tampa last season before getting injured.. he had a 97.5 rating in 2004.. In 2000 he played in the Pro bowl after having a league leading 102.9 rating.

Didn't Rex Grossman have a spectacular start this year too? It's how you end the season that matters. Also, 2000 is a long time ago for an athlete. A lot of things happen to a body over that amount of time. And if he was that much better to begin with why didn't he win the starting job over Grossman at the begining of the year? Because he's old, and not very good.

And if he was that much better to begin with why didn't he win the starting job over Grossman at the begining of the year? Because he's old, and not very good.

1. Because Grossman was playing better at the beginning of the season than he was in the middle, and 2. becaus Griese is a Trent Dilfer/Jeff Garcia type QB; the type who have trouble holding a job no matter how much success they have because they don't have rocket arms/down the field stuff. NFL teams just aren't that interested in short yardage accuracy passers.

Grossman has stuff that Griese doesn't and when he is playing like he did the first two months of the season he should be starting, but he declined because he does not yet have enough experience. He's definitely the Bears QB of the future, but after his midseason performance it was clear that he wasn't experienced enough for the SB, at least to me. Of course, the path they chose will be better for Grossman in the future, since he does have postseason and SB experience now, but the Bears didn't get their best shot at winning, and who knows, maybe they still wouldn't have, but without 5 turnovers from Grossman, maybe they would have won.

Archived