DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

WoT as a Disney movie?

U4ea

• 2 weeks later...

Well there'd be a LOT more Disney Princesses. *grins* And Princes! Disney does draw some good looking men. 

Rand would look like a taller version of Thomas from Pocohontas (with better hair by the end and more muscles, but at the beginning, in Farmboy mode... :wink:

Mat would be Jim from Treasure Planet (again, with more WoT hair cut) 

The one power animation would look fabulous. I'd love to see how they animate the weaves from the perspective of the Aes Sedai. 

It's a very interesting proposition! (once one gets past the immediate fear reaction of 'oh dear....Disney and WoT') lol. Could be great, or scary. 

I shall have to contemplate this further! 

It could either be done good or bad. If it ended up being about Elayne instead of Rand (since she's a princess) it would be a disaster. If they kept the actual storyline, it could actually be pretty awesome. 

And it would have awesome songs.

True. Though I would consider The Lion King told from the Prince's Point of view. And Hercules (son of Zeus...close enough to a Prince, right? :wink: ). Most of the Disney male heroes of late have not been princes, though they've been talented in their own ways (and often...not human.) 

I still agree we need more stories told by human guys! 

LMAO that's awesome!!

I say it's time for Disney to tell a story from Prince's side again. It's been a while since Aladin!

Yes and no. Ghibli is distributed by Disney but they're an independent studio. Disney doesn't oversee any of their production details and they're adamant about not editing any of their final productions for Western audiences. Ghibli and Disney are so closely related that it's hard to tell the difference - one of the Ghibli CEOs was former head of Disney Japan.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived