DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The million dollar question

DeathDealer

It's an extremely pointless question' date=' because who could restrict me from buying the book and reading it later once I had the money? :?:[/quote']

Well to this I can only say

Every party needs a pooper

That's why we invited you

Party Pooper!

Every party needs a pooper

That's why we invited you

Thom Merrilin that's you.

C'mon now reality has no place in a hypothetic question. So please sit back, relax and have fun with it like the rest of us.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lets say I take the money and then read the book anyway, whats the penalty? Repay the money? If so, I would invest the 1 mil, double it, and pay the 1 mil fee to read the book anyway. So in a sense, I guess I am saying that if I had it, I would pay 1 mil to read this next book.

In answer to the question in the strictist terms though. My family needs money and security, Id do the selfless act and take the million (my wife would kill me otherwise :wink: )

Guest Cadsuane

Well I'm honestly not THAT curious about what happens. The book may be fun, but it probably won't be satisfying no matter what the outcome is. There are a lot of other curiosities and knowledge that I could explore if I had money that would be more important and relevant to my future than knowing the outcome of this series. The money would let me take more classes at a time because I wouldn't have to work full time, and therefore finish my certification earlier and get to work in an area I really enjoy sooner. For others, a million bucks may mean owning a home. Those things are a lot more valuable in my opinion than knowing what happens to a fictional character.

Don't sound so dismissive of people who just have a more practical, less WoT-obsessed point of view. :wink:

Oh, I'm not dismissive of anybody. I took the money. That money would buy a nice house and secure my childrens future. Money hands down.

as for the penalty, auditors from the IRS coupled with mob affiliated loan sharks would come in and take away everything you made from the Million dollars! :wink:

Guest Cadsuane

Oh! Well then... ^_^

Do these mob-affiliated loan sharks have lasers attached to their foreheads?? Because if they did, I would let them take the money just so I could say I saw sharks with lasers on them. 8)

The Book! ofc

I could read the series a million times over the next 60 years or something imagine having to re-read books 1-11 all the time and never getting to finish the series.... in 60 years the money will be long gone anyway. Besides....in life money isn't everything. Life's about being happy:D I could get the money some other way...I don't need the milliion dollars I could do with a lot less.

Thank you Vegetattack15! At least somebody agrees with me.

As for you "Leopoled" or whatever you call yourself, hypothetical questions are no interest of mine, and by saying what I did I was simply indicating so. To close Mr. Boothe, I would like to offer you some advice - Auta miquola orqu, usquener.

And that is all I'm going to say.

Thank you Vegetattack15! At least somebody agrees with me.

As for you "Leopoled" or whatever you call yourself' date=' hypothetical questions are no interest of mine, and by saying what I did I was simply indicating so. To close Mr. Boothe, I would like to offer you some advice - Auta miquola orqu, usquener.

And that is all I'm going to say.[/quote']

Oh yah, well that's a double Auta miquola orqu, usquener on you :lol:

Does it actually displease you that I posted again?

Oh yah, I'm cryin' my eyes out over this whole thing. I mean I've always said that if anyone ever insulted me in a forgien languageI would just die :roll:

Also, it's spelled "rotten" not "rotton"

Oh darn, I guess there'll be no pulitzer for me this year either.

Dang' date=' I was hoping you would publish a book and try for the award so the whole world could laugh at your saddening lack of education.[/quote']

What would be the point when they would get a much bigger laugh out of your saddening lack of humor and fun?

At any rate, I originally set out to strike a nerve with you and since you persist with this and can't just let it go I'm declaring mission accomplished. As far as I'm concerned this is the end of this conversation. And when I say I'm done I mean it. Bu-bye now :D

How can such intelligent people belittle themselves so? You both have intelligent things to say' date=' just accept others point of views and move on, there is no point in this middle school argument. Please move on with the WOT discussions, I love to hear what you both have to say on these.[/quote']

I believe Elayne Trakand put it best when she said "Yes Mother." :D

But seriously, I wasn't really arguing I was just having a bit of fun with ol' Thom. Don't worry, I've had my fun and I don't intend to let it go on any longer.

Archived