DRAGONMOUNT

A WHEEL OF TIME COMMUNITY

The million dollar question

DeathDealer

You could read your $30 hardcover edition of book 12 and learn all there is to learn of the WOT, perhaps even put to rest the entire "who killed Asmo"!!

or....

you could accept one million tax free dollars and never, NEVER EVER learn a darn thing about the WOT that you don't already know. I'm not talking, take the money and read the book ten years from now, or take the money and get online to get the plot spoilers. NO!! Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, NOTHING!! One million dollars and never able to satisfy your curiosity.

Which would you choose?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Knowing what happens in book 12 hands down. A million dollars would hardly cover the medical bills I would incur from constantly banging my head against the wall wondering how WOT ended. Not to mention the mental health issues that would come with knowing that book 12 was out there but that I couldn't read it.

Guest Wynne Jessal

With a million dollars I could drown my curiosity in a lot of other books.

Besides, RJ's planned ending for the series is probably not as good as the ending I have planned for it in MY head. 8)

Guest Barmacral

Definately take reading the book. Books are worth more than a thousand TV show's, a 100 computer games, a Million Dollars, sex with every hot girl (or guy) whom you went to high school with... the list goes on...

ack@!!!!

I could really use the Million dollars....

but I wanna know how it ends...

but a million dollars could buy me skilled writers to fabricate an ending for me that would satisfy my craving to know what happens....

or I could just write the ending myself...

then again...I have waited so long for most of the books that I have strated to lose some interest in the ending....my own endings are pretty satisfactory....

But I think I will always burn with curiosity....

I'd choose.......

*brain explodes*

"They" would need to resort to drastic measures such as 24-hour surveillance, imprisonment, or house arrest in order to keep me from reading book 12 after I accept their 1 million dollars. A million dollars is simply not worth a loss of freedom of that magnitude. Therefore, I choose book 12 :P

I would itch and groan about it for a long time, but I could get into the Sword of Truth series... I'd take the million. I would regret not taking that more than I'd regret the book. Besides, there is no guarentee the book will be good or have an ending I like, but the money is guarenteed to still be worth a cool mil.

Guest Cadsuane

I would totally take the money. It's been long enough since I read WoT that the itch has gone, and there are other books I'd be more interested in hearing the end of than this. So yeah, gimme the money... I'll buy some new books and a bmw. 8)

gotta knwo what happens.

ur talkin everything so id know all the truths behind the forum arguments and stuff. id only take it if there were seperate books on every plot hole. a book in the age or legends (though i know what happpend then i just want to read a story bout it) a shara book a seanchan book. sumthin bout the isle of madmen dow south. gotta have a on say... aile history. i dunno id take the knowledge though. that way i could go onto the forums and say hahahahah asmo isnt dead. (cuz i don wan him to be dead)

Guest Wynne Jessal
It's an extremely pointless question' date=' because who could restrict me from buying the book and reading it later once I had the money? :?:[/quote']

You have to play by the rules of the hypothetical scenario. The OP says:

"you could accept one million tax free dollars and never, NEVER EVER learn a darn thing about the WOT that you don't already know. I'm not talking, take the money and read the book ten years from now, or take the money and get online to get the plot spoilers. NO!! Nothing, nada, zip, zilch, NOTHING!! One million dollars and never able to satisfy your curiosity. "

Archived